FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   FJ / Fiji Airways (ex-Air Pacific) and AA, miles, awards, etc. (consolidated) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1436326-fj-fiji-airways-ex-air-pacific-aa-miles-awards-etc-consolidated.html)

Head Dec 14, 2017 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by PHL (Post 29175121)
I did some Qantas reward searches months out in the future and found numerous LAX/SFO - NAN options on the days they operate the flight. Good info because that's on my bucket list.

At what mileage redemption? Just curious.

PHL Dec 14, 2017 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by Head (Post 29175180)

At what mileage redemption? Just curious.

Business class was available. Redeeming through AA that's 80,000 points each way.

JDiver Dec 14, 2017 7:38 pm

Please read the Wikipost regarding FJ awards to NAN etc. These awards can’t be seen on aa.com, and often enough AA personnel can’t see them. Mindpearl (AA contractor in Suva, Fiji operating as AA Australia and New Zealand) can See and book - or put the award on hold somit can be completed with Flights to LAX or SFO (or HNL if you reside in the Islands).

Blootch Jan 24, 2018 8:34 pm

I've had no issue booking FJ awards using AS miles, and did so this past October for two seat in J LAX-NAN-SYD. I'm looking to book a similar trip in December (with AA miles this time), but it seems that availability (both for Y and J) just dries up past Dec 9th. Has anyone had this issue - perhaps they block all awards for the Christmas/holiday season?

JDiver Jan 24, 2018 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by Blootch (Post 29336192)
I've had no issue booking FJ awards using AS miles, and did so this past October for two seat in J LAX-NAN-SYD. I'm looking to book a similar trip in December (with AA miles this time), but it seems that availability (both for Y and J) just dries up past Dec 9th. Has anyone had this issue - perhaps they block all awards for the Christmas/holiday season?

That may well be.

hkgg Apr 10, 2018 5:46 am

Out of curiosity, has anyone tried/been able to book something like NAN-AUS/NZ- PPT as one award, flying with FJ from NAN-AUS/NZ and then Air Tahiti Nui from AUS/NZ-PPT?

happytravelskh May 27, 2018 8:30 am

Trying to see classic award avail on qantas site

hi. I only have 26k on qantas account, but think bc of my low miles, can't see rewards for following. Trying to see one way classic reward avail for 6 Jan 2019 one way lax-Mel. Want to book through either aa miles or ba//avios. , if I can get Fiji flights economy or business. Can't get on qf through aa, even though aa site says avail, until you chose. Then says flights unavailable. Little lost.. any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.

JDiver May 27, 2018 9:41 am

Originally Posted by hkgg (Post 29623532)
Out of curiosity, has anyone tried/been able to book something like NAN-AUS/NZ- PPT as one award, flying with FJ from NAN-AUS/NZ and then Air Tahiti Nui from AUS/NZ-PPT?

There are some challenges:

The routing must be sold as an unconstructed ticket by the prevailing carrier.

You must not exceed MPM (Maximum Permitted Miles).

SanDiego1K May 27, 2018 9:59 am

Originally Posted by happytravelskh (Post 29798816)
hi. I only have 26k on qantas account, but think bc of my low miles, can't see rewards for following. Trying to see one way classic reward avail for 6 Jan 2019 one way lax-Mel. Want to book through either aa miles or ba//avios. , if I can get Fiji flights economy or business. Can't get on qf through aa, even though aa site says avail, until you chose. Then says flights unavailable.

Fiji Air is also a partner of AS. I just looked for availability on the AS site. I see QF in coach to SYD with a connection on to MEL (not sure if it is phantom as you found as I didn't take it thru to purchase) and saw no Fiji availability at all.

JDiver May 27, 2018 9:53 pm

It long ago Fiji Airways (Air Pacific in those days) had more capacity, as they were using Boeing 747-400s leaded in from Singapore Airlines. Those routes are now operated by Airbus A300-200s (and one -300). In my opinion, reduced capacity has hurt Award availability.

FlyingFrZ Jun 3, 2018 11:42 am

Big news :)
​​​​​​
http://markets.businessinsider.com/n...nce-1026319195

Nice boost for us AA elites. Wonder how this will ultimately impact lounge access when flying FJ.

Mwenenzi Jun 3, 2018 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ (Post 29823966)
​​​​​​
Introducing oneworld connect - a new way for airlines to link to the world's premier alliance | Markets Insider

Nice boost for us AA elites. Wonder how this will ultimately impact lounge access when flying FJ.

Oneworld forum https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onew...l#post29824053
BA forum https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29822830

JDiver Jun 3, 2018 11:27 pm

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ (Post 29823966)
​​​​​​
Introducing oneworld connect - a new way for airlines to link to the world's premier alliance | Markets Insider

When it happens, good news.

FlyingFrZ Jun 4, 2018 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver (Post 29825809)
When it happens, good news.

Good news indeed, especially when you consider the high quality lounges QF, CX, and even AA operate at many airports where FJ flies :)

wlp07 Jun 21, 2018 7:24 pm

US AAdvantage department seeing FJ Space Again

Just booked my first trip to Fiji. Burning AS miles out, AA miles back. Thought I would add that I called the regular US based AAdvantage department to book, and they had no trouble seeing the FJ award space (which I initially found on using AS site). So it looks like that issue with having to call AA's Australian line for them to see the award space may be over.

Unfortunately no J space was to be found. Doing the SFO gateway and still no J. Going to paradise on miles, so can't complain. Still, at 6'6'' I hope I can score an exit row.