FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   FJ / Fiji Airways (ex-Air Pacific) and AA, miles, awards, etc. (consolidated) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1436326-fj-fiji-airways-ex-air-pacific-aa-miles-awards-etc-consolidated.html)

svellmann Sep 4, 2016 2:33 am

I am looking at redemptions such as TBU-CXI via NAN or CXI-VLI via NAN. Pulled up availability on AS.com and found availability on TBU-NAN, NAN-CXI segments on 20 June, then called AA. AAgent had no trouble finding the seats and put it all together, but then came back to me saying TBU-NAN-CXI would be 30,000 miles in Y. It is my understanding that this would be a one-way intra South Pacific award (transit in NAN is ~3 hours) and should price as 15,000 miles but instead seems to be pricing as 2 one-ways. I'm pretty sure there's published fares for TBU-CXI.
Is she right and I'm missing something?

pandaperth Sep 4, 2016 3:34 am

Looking in EF, it appears FJ does not have any published fares TBU-CXI. So looks like two redemptions will be needed

MightyTravels Sep 8, 2016 3:29 pm

Quick question - I heard 'rumors' that QF codeshares can be booked with QF miles and BA Executive Club. Did anyone managed to do that?

pandaperth Sep 8, 2016 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by MightyTravels (Post 27184877)
Quick question - I heard 'rumors' that QF codeshares can be booked with QF miles and BA Executive Club. Did anyone managed to do that?

I haven't done it, but checking on qantas.com it is certainly possible to use QFF points to fly Fiji Airways. It would cost 18,000 points plus AUD88.07 for a 1-way SYD-NAN economy class redemption. The booking would be FJ-marketed, not on the QF codeshare.

Quikarmani Nov 8, 2016 8:11 am

Booking Fiji Link (intra island flights) with AA miles

Hi All,

So I wanted to book HKG-TVU (Taveuni, Fiji) with AA miles, but was wondering if it is possible to book intra island flights on Fiji Link (used to be pacific air) with AA miles, cause I know that there are many problems trying to book subsidiary domestic airlines with partner points.

If it is possible, how did you guys do it? Just called AA and booked? Did most agents know how to do it? Thanks!

JonNYC Nov 8, 2016 9:40 am

Originally Posted by Quikarmani (Post 27453067)
Hi All,

So I wanted to book HKG-TVU (Taveuni, Fiji) with AA miles, but was wondering if it is possible to book intra island flights on Fiji Link (used to be pacific air) with AA miles, cause I know that there are many problems trying to book subsidiary domestic airlines with partner points.

If it is possible, how did you guys do it? Just called AA and booked? Did most agents know how to do it? Thanks!

Fiji shows "no affiliates" for redeeming, so, barring anyone reporting otherwise, I'd say no.

lz80521 Dec 3, 2016 7:46 pm

Hello guys, I booked RIC-CLT-LAX-NAN with all AA numbers for X'mas trip. ASAIK I won't get the LAX-NAN boarding pass at RIC. @AmericanAir told me the bags would be checked through NAN but I had to get the final bp from LAX FJ gate agent.

When I arrive at LAX T6, can I use the connectors to get to TBIT airside without going through security? Do I need the final bp to get through the connectors?

Thanks!

oysterhead43 Dec 4, 2016 7:12 am

Originally Posted by lz80521 (Post 27562497)
When I arrive at LAX T6, can I use the connectors to get to TBIT airside without going through security? Do I need the final bp to get through the connectors?

Thanks!

If you fancy a walk, you can connect to T4 with a long underground tunnel that does not require boarding pass check. 10 min walk. Then you can connect to TBIT through the connector, also no boarding pass required. 5 min walk. There is a thread on TBIT connector.

lz80521 Dec 6, 2016 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by oysterhead43 (Post 27563769)
If you fancy a walk, you can connect to T4 with a long underground tunnel that does not require boarding pass check. 10 min walk. Then you can connect to TBIT through the connector, also no boarding pass required. 5 min walk. There is a thread on TBIT connector.

Thank you. @AA told me I can get the final bp from FJ gate agent. Is this true? Just wanna make sure I don't have to exit and re-checkin at FJ counter.

JDiver Dec 6, 2016 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by lz80521 (Post 27576113)
Thank you. @AA told me I can get the final bp from FJ gate agent. Is this true? Just wanna make sure I don't have to exit and re-checkin at FJ counter.

I've been able to do that in the past. Get to the gate early, however, just in case. I've had occasional glitchiness with FJ ground personnel.

Of course you can call FJ to verify, but I'd not expect extreme accuracy that way, either.

Vanuinui vinaka e nomu volau / bon voyage

In Nadi town, I recommend Chef's the Restaurant (the Edge is only a café) in back of Jack's handcrafts for a nice meal. We've checked in at the airport as early as possible, dined at Chef's and gone back to process and board. (And Jack's is probably the best place for Fijian crafts - including replica cannibal forks, as this was part of the culture; when they chased Capt. Bligh through what is now named Bligh Waters between Viti Levu and Vanua Levu, they really did want to have him for lunch.)

lz80521 Dec 7, 2016 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver (Post 27576235)
I've been able to do that in the past. Get to the gate early, however, just in case. I've had occasional glitchiness with FJ ground personnel.

Of course you can call FJ to verify, but I'd not expect extreme accuracy that way, either.

Vanuinui vinaka e nomu volau / bon voyage

In Nadi town, I recommend Chef's the Restaurant (the Edge is only a café) in back of Jack's handcrafts for a nice meal. We've checked in at the airport as early as possible, dined at Chef's and gone back to process and board. (And Jack's is probably the best place for Fijian crafts - including replica cannibal forks, as this was part of the culture; when they chased Capt. Bligh through what is now named Bligh Waters between Viti Levu and Vanua Levu, they really did want to have him for lunch.)

Thanks JDiver!

Alec84 Jan 30, 2017 1:51 am

Here's a tricky one:

I have an existing AAdvantage award booking LST-MEL-LAX-PHX on QF and AA. I would like to change it to LST-MEL-NAN-LAX-PHX on QF, FJ, FJ and AA. There is award availability for each leg individually and MEL-NAN-LAX as a set, but none of the online booking sites display the complete routing (AA, AS, QF). The layover at NAN is 16h, which should be ok. A couple of questions:

1) There does not seem to exist a published fare LST-PHX via Fiji. Is this a problem or is it enough that a published fare exists via other cities?

2) AA is supposed to charge a $150 (per person or per reservation?) if an award booking is changed to include non-OW partner airlines. How often do they forget to charge this fee (they seem to forget to charge the reinstatement fee every now and then)?

3) Any other reason why this routing would not be bookable?

JDiver Jan 30, 2017 8:08 am

It's not tricky; AFAIK it's impossible unless the most significant carrier offers an unconstructed fare (without using married segment logic) between your origin and destination.

As to the $150 change fee, I've never heard of it being overlooked.

This query would best be posted in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l-changes.html. Please read the contents of the Wikipost in that thread, as well as the thread detailing the airline partner rules: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...es-2015-a.html.

Alec84 Jan 30, 2017 8:02 pm

Thank you for your reply!

AS website is showing MEL-LAX on FJ, but the QF website does not. Does this matter when booking with AA miles? I'm considering reinstating the miles and booking only that part of the trip with miles and buying the other flights with money.

ITA shows a QF/FJ itinerary for LST-MEL-NAN-LAX, but FJ does not offer this option. I'm assuming a mileage booking with AA miles would not be possible?

texasrob Feb 7, 2017 5:44 pm

Experience with Fiji Airways LAX-SYD, SYD-NAN

Considering the deal posted on FT yesterday, but have no experience with Fiji Airways or Air Pacific. Anyone done this flight and have any feedback? Will fare class R still qualify for at least EQMs for AA? Apologize in advance if these are obvious questions, just trying to avoid a large and expensive mistake before buying 4 tickets. Thanks!