Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

BA Seat Selection Issues for AA Flyers (archive through 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Seat Selection Issues for AA Flyers (archive through 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2019, 8:44 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
See

BA Seat Selection Issues for AA Flyers - charges, seating, award, etc.

and

Flying IB / Iberia: seat selection, finding & using PNR, etc. issues
Old Sep 9, 2019, 11:42 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, United Silver
Originally Posted by enviroian
happened to me when I booked IB a few weeks ago ord-mad-prg.

I tweeted AA and they had selected my seats within 5 minutes. Further confirmation was seen by going onto IB.com and viewing my itinerary with the IB PNR.
How does one "tweet AA" in this scenario? Perhaps naive question, I just don't understand how to use twitter in this way. To be more specific, am I supposed to be logged into my own (twitter) account and mention American Airlines (e.g. @AmericanAir) or am I going to to the @AmericanAir twitter feed and posting there?
Old Sep 9, 2019, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by DarkHelmetII
How does one "tweet AA" in this scenario? Perhaps naive question, I just don't understand how to use twitter in this way. To be more specific, am I supposed to be logged into my own (twitter) account and mention American Airlines (e.g. @AmericanAir) or am I going to to the @AmericanAir twitter feed and posting there?
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...aster-thd.html
Old Sep 9, 2019, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by DarkHelmetII
via the message function
Old Sep 9, 2019, 6:14 pm

Programs: QF, UA, EK, EY
The problem is not that certain fares require payment for seat selection (even though I don't like it, that's not the issue here). The problem is that certain fares don't allow seat selection. I booked a few Philippine Airlines flights recently. One of them being one way, which is a higher fare class, allows seat selection, with some seats requiring payment. The other bookings don't allow it at all, even for payment, meaning you have to wait until check in.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by pagophilus
The problem is not that certain fares require payment for seat selection (even though I don't like it, that's not the issue here). The problem is that certain fares don't allow seat selection. I booked a few Philippine Airlines flights recently. One of them being one way, which is a higher fare class, allows seat selection, with some seats requiring payment. The other bookings don't allow it at all, even for payment, meaning you have to wait until check in.
Did you open the PNR at britishairways.com? I've never run into that problem before when booking codeshares and retrieving the reservation in a BA system (web, mobile, etc.).
Old Oct 12, 2019, 6:28 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
OW elite (Emerald) trying to book BA flights in economy (standard) on BA.com. Being asked to pay for seat selection. BA profile has my membership info (AA). Hasn't been an issue in the past. What am I missing here?
Old Oct 12, 2019, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Abidjan
OW elite (Emerald) trying to book BA flights in economy (standard) on BA.com. Being asked to pay for seat selection. BA profile has my membership info (AA). Hasn't been an issue in the past. What am I missing here?
No idea. You can try just booking the flight without selecting a seat. Let it ticket and your AA # fully flow through the system, then go back in an hour later or so and see if it recognizes your Emerald status. If not, just call BA.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 6:47 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Thanks so much. Sounds like a plan. Tweeted BA to see if they had an idea, but thinking this is the course of action. Puzzling indeed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.