Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

SAN / San Diego Int'l. Airport AirSpace Lounge / "Admirals Club" (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2015, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
San Diego Lindbergh Field International Airport (SAN) Aspire Lounge
Terminal 2 East, near Gate 33

Link to SAN AA airport information.

Link to SAN airport web site.

Terminal 2, immediately to the left, before Gate 23

INFORMATION:
This former Airspace Lounge is a contract lounge that accepts Admirals Club members as well as American Express Centurion and Platinum members and certain premium cabin passengers on British Airways, Japan Airlines, and Edelweiss. All staff are contracted employees, there are no longer AA staff (“AAngels”) at the front desk.

Irrespective of travel class or airline, the Aspire Lounge at San Diego Airport is open to all guests departing from terminal 2. Guests at this lounge can enjoy a range of facilities including: free WiFi, complimentary showers, dedicated business areas and facilities and an expansive food and beverage menu. Formerly the Airspace Lounge, this airport lounge allows guests to separate themselves from the busy airport concourse and work, play or simply relax.

HOURS:
The hours and additional information are posted here.

AMENITIES:
  • Additional $10 credit for premium menu items included with every entry (Not available for Admirals Club members. Credit available for AMEX Platinum and Centurion holders. Passengers who access via BA or JL are entitled to two premium items, regardless of price)
  • Unlimited, complimentary soft drinks and light snacks
  • Full bar
  • Unlimited complimentary espresso and cappucino
  • Unlimited complimentary Peet's Coffees & Teas
  • Complimentary WiFi
  • Power outlets at every seat
  • Semi-private conference room (Seats up to 6)
  • Complimentary printing
  • Complimentary scanning
  • Complimentary use of shower facility

Photographs
Credit: Swissport

Print Wikipost

SAN / San Diego Int'l. Airport AirSpace Lounge / "Admirals Club" (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2016, 9:35 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, WN CP
T1 to T2?

I looked around in flyertalk and just read this whole thread and will be flying in and out of T1 (WN), it looks like I have to clear security again to get into this lounge (have AMEX plat), there's no way to change terminals airside? ( the last flyertalk thread about this had a lot of talk about the now closed commuter terminal)
Old Apr 12, 2016, 11:18 am

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by Sunburn644
T1 to T2?

I looked around in flyertalk and just read this whole thread and will be flying in and out of T1 (WN), it looks like I have to clear security again to get into this lounge (have AMEX plat), there's no way to change terminals airside? ( the last flyertalk thread about this had a lot of talk about the now closed commuter terminal)
Correct. It is an easy walk between T1 and T2, but cannot be done airside.
Old May 12, 2016, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DrivingRain
The food at that lounge is fairly strong-- charcuterie plates, etc plated per order.

If you're buying your pass for San Diego only, then buy it from Airspace for $25 and get a $10 food credit included which buys anything on the food menu (i.e. The prices are ridiculously low, a big plus for this lounge) plus free alcohol. If you're paying for multiple-lounge use same-day, then buy the AA day pass which will not have the food inclusion but will have an Admirals Club-like comp alcohol selection.

More on the strong food program in this lounge is in this review:
http://ihaveaplanetocatch.com/2016/0...-lounge-san-2/
My opinion is that the food program is NOT strong (even compared to the pay food at a AA operated AC.) Most of the food is either cold cuts or warmed up via microwave. The lounge simply does not have a kitchen and the bartenders have limited prep space so there isn't much better they can do.

For my money, if I wasn't getting anything complimentary, I would buy something in the main terminal (the main food court has the most options) and then bring it in to the lounge.

Also for those that are interested the lounge serves Pepsi products.
Old May 12, 2016, 3:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Exec Plat
I was there a couple of days ago and was surprised to get the $10 credit with Amex (even lounge agent recommended me to use AMEX instead of prestige). Very nice!

food options are indeed very limited, but drinks are fine.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by Erasmus
Correct. It is an easy walk between T1 and T2, but cannot be done airside.
Is security friendly about letting people go into T2 even if your flight is leaving from T1?

I tried to do something similar at SFO last month and the security person had to check with their supervisor to see if it was ok...

Last edited by soopra; Jul 24, 2016 at 3:04 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jul 24, 2016, 3:18 pm

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by soopra
Is security friendly about letting people go into T2 even if your flight is leaving from T1?

I tried to do something similar at SFO last month and the security person had to check with their supervisor to see if it was ok...
SAN in general is a pretty friendly place! I've never had any issues with entering T2 with an AS boarding pass. The ID checker usually mentions that my flight is in T1, I mention I'm going to the lounge and that's the end of it. Obviously ymmv but I doubt it will be a problem.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 8:00 am

Programs: AA EXP
I'm assuming the answer is "no" since this is a third party club and I don't see anything affirming it in the lounge access information, but I thought I should check: Will I have access to this lounge using the Citi Prestige AC access benefit (before that goes away next July)?
Old Nov 16, 2016, 8:02 am

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by ssbmoro
I'm assuming the answer is "no" since this is a third party club and I don't see anything affirming it in the lounge access information, but I thought I should check: Will I have access to this lounge using the Citi Prestige AC access benefit (before that goes away next July)?
Yes, you will. It works as a full-fledged AC for admissions purposes.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 8:06 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Erasmus
Yes, you will. It works as a full-fledged AC for admissions purposes.
That's great news, thanks for the quick answer!
Old Nov 16, 2016, 8:14 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ssbmoro
You will and the agents there are really nice but beware the free food offerings are very minimal. (i.e. no free soup or hummus) if entering the lounge via the Admirals Club.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 5:13 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by neo_781
You will and the agents there are really nice but beware the free food offerings are very minimal. (i.e. no free soup or hummus) if entering the lounge via the Admirals Club.
Not even the sugar snap peas!
Old Nov 17, 2016, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by anabolism
Not even the sugar snap peas!
Ha! and No Quinoa salad for you either!!
Old Apr 10, 2017, 11:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Visited Airspace lounge on Saturday afternoon at around 1730 after a two year hiatus.

First, the lounge was very crowded, I believe BA's flight may have had something to do with this. Second, the only snacks available were some cheese cubes and a nut mix. Not exactly 'going for great'. I didn't bother even ordering a drink. Instead, walked over to the other side of the terminal and waited in the Delta Sky Club above Sunset Cove. What a difference: nice buffet, not crowded, Stone IPA was gratis, etc. Also, the United Club located right next to the Sky Club had the updated look and appeared to be rather empty although I didn't go in. Thus, for lounges, time permitting, I would recommend the Sky Club or United Club over the Airspace lounge any day.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 11:12 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum; Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
Visited Airspace lounge on Saturday afternoon at around 1730 after a two year hiatus.

First, the lounge was very crowded, I believe BA's flight may have had something to do with this. Second, the only snacks available were some cheese cubes and a nut mix. Not exactly 'going for great'. I didn't bother even ordering a drink. Instead, walked over to the other side of the terminal and waited in the Delta Sky Club above Sunset Cove. What a difference: nice buffet, not crowded, Stone IPA was gratis, etc. Also, the United Club located right next to the Sky Club had the updated look and appeared to be rather empty although I didn't go in. Thus, for lounges, time permitting, I would recommend the Sky Club or United Club over the Airspace lounge any day.
We visited yesterday, and found it quite comfortable - bright, airy, clean, and plenty of available seating. But agreed, the complimentary offerings were poor. I think the real key is to enter using an Amex Platinum card, which gives each guest a $10 food/drink credit.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 11:26 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Thanks for the reminder, AAEmpireState. I forgot about the Platinum card benefit and used the Admiral's club membership instead. This was the latest time in the day I had been at this lounge and was surprised at the poor quality and variety of snacks given the BA flight. I wonder if this service feature is enhanced closer to the BA flights departure. While not as bad as PIT or BNA, I did find this lounge to be on the weaker side of ACs. Plus was the AC agent though, she was great.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.