FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   SAN / San Diego Int'l. Airport AirSpace Lounge / "Admirals Club" (master thread) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1319434-san-san-diego-intl-airport-airspace-lounge-admirals-club-master-thread.html)

JDiver Apr 5, 2009 6:03 pm

SAN / San Diego Int'l. Airport AirSpace Lounge / "Admirals Club" (master thread)

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-2...0/AA_B_SAN.png
SAN / San Diego Lindbergh Field International Airport Terminal 2 East, near Gate 33 AirSpace Lounge

Northshore Bob Feb 27, 2014 6:35 am

SAN / San Diego Admirals Club (master thread)

In this itty-bitty little club now for the first time. Very nice lady at the desk tells me the new expanded club will open in April.

AA-Flyer-SAN Mar 21, 2014 5:23 pm

The staff at this Admirals Club location is beyond stellar. Barbara, Mark, Arlene and the rest are phenomenal employees. Hands down the best service American has to offer. This club was supposed to be renovated with like 13 different completion dates lol. Now they aren't so sure about April!

metallo Apr 24, 2014 2:51 am

Originally Posted by AA-Flyer-SAN (Post 22566083)
The staff at this Admirals Club location is beyond stellar. Barbara, Mark, Arlene and the rest are phenomenal employees. Hands down the best service American has to offer. This club was supposed to be renovated with like 13 different completion dates lol. Now they aren't so sure about April!

I was there this week, and there was no sign of any progress. I had to run and didn't have time to inquire about a new projected completion date, but it has to be soon, right? :rolleyes:

AA-Flyer-SAN Apr 24, 2014 12:09 pm

Arlene and Barbara mentioned April 30th

SanDiegoDallas Apr 26, 2014 8:42 am

Wednesday 4/30 opening of Phase 1 confirmed.

DrivingRain May 3, 2014 6:43 pm

It's open:
https://www.facebook.com/SanDiegoAir...52442176542904

normcpa May 4, 2014 2:57 pm

Looking forward to our visit Tuesday morning! :):)

oopsz May 6, 2014 2:53 pm

Posting from the new club. It's gorgeous. Great view of the apron, lots of light, very nice new bar and comfortable seating. Plus, they have a real espresso machine that grinds the beans when you hit the button (like in the T5 terraces). This place may have the best coffee in the system.

It appears to be cobranded or colocated with the private "airspace lounge", which is a pay per use lounge starting at $25 a visit (and included with Amex plat membership). Entrance to airspace is through the admirals club, but they have a separate desk in the entry way.

oopsz May 6, 2014 2:53 pm

SAN / San Diego "Airspace" lounge former Admirals Club (consolidated)

Posting from the new club. It's gorgeous. Great view of the apron, lots of light, very nice new bar and comfortable seating. Plus, they have a real espresso machine that grinds the beans when you hit the button (like in the T5 terraces). This place may have the best coffee in the system.

It appears to be cobranded or colocated with the private "airspace lounge", which is a pay per use lounge starting at $25 a visit (and included with Amex plat membership). Entrance to airspace is through the admirals club, but they have a separate desk in the entry way.

Fanjet May 6, 2014 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by oopsz (Post 22820876)
It appears to be cobranded or colocated with the private "airspace lounge", which is a pay per use lounge starting at $25 a visit (and included with Amex plat membership). Airspace has a separate entrance that leads to the new admirals club.

So does everyone have access to the entire club?

DoubleWidesFly May 8, 2014 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by Fanjet (Post 22820901)
So does everyone have access to the entire club?

yes this is correct, this is now a Airspace/AA lounge. So both AA/US Club members can access the club or any American Express Platinum/Centurion card holder. OR anyone can buy their way in for $25.

Right now Alcohol is severed in the old club pending the new liquor license

$25 is 1/2 the price of the AA day pass for $50, so this is a big win for travelers. Also the space is more than double the size of the old AA lounge, so I don't see space to be an issue, especially as Delta & UA also have their own clubs at SAN.

My lounge review and pictures are here but also check out the thread dedicated to the Airspace SAN lounge

metallo May 8, 2014 5:53 pm

I'm not sure yet how I feel about my home airport's AC being opened up to virtually anyone for just $25, but the pictures of the new space look very nice. I suppose that's the tradeoff -- nicer club, but less exclusive. Virtually any state of operation would be better than the club over the last couple of years during the transition period, though, and it's also certainly better than no club at all, which was apparently a possibility at one point.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new space with my own eyes next week.

MoJ0 May 9, 2014 1:15 am

Looking forward to visiting the renewed club. Also glad I kept my Amex - I'm sure those $10 bar credits will add up :)

Arsey00 Jul 7, 2014 2:20 pm

I'm curious about the opening of the second phase--any news? I won't be there for about three weeks. The pictures of phase one look nice.