Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

MIA / Miami Concourse E AA/AB/BA/IB oneworld Premium Lounge (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: AndyAA
MIA / Miami International Airport North Terminal Concourse E Premium Lounge
For Premium customers departing Concourse E on American Airlines, British Airways, Iberia and Qatar Airways

Link to aa.com MIA information

Link to MIA airport website

LOCATION: Located in Concourse E just beyond the security checkpoint on the 5th floor

HOURS: See here for hours, conditions, photo montage.

AMENITIES:
  • 6,000 square feet
    • Seating capacity: 120
      • Work stations with HP Compaq dc7900 PCs
        • Complimentary high-speed Internet access,
          • Two TV lounges with flat-panel TVs
            • Children's room with HP PCs outfitted with age-appropriate programming
              • Spa-like showers
                • Complimentary premium liquors, wines and beer
                  • Complimentary coffee, tea, sodas and water
                    • Complimentary lunch, afternoon tea or light supper menu

N.B. Admirals Club members must be departing from Concourse E to access this lounge using their membership. No guest privileges..

The MIA Concourse E AA/BA/IB Premium Lounge is not an Admirals Club or Flagship Lounge, and is not operated as a oneworld lounge; it has its own access rules. <link> and news release <link> . It opened was opened on Feb 22, 2011.

There is no Arrivals or Flagship Lounge at MIA.

...the Miami, the 2011-opened AA, AB, BA, IB Premium lounge is open daily from 1 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. and welcomes oneworld eligible International First Class, Business Class and Emerald and Sapphire customers. Customers traveling on an AA-operated transcontinental full fare First Class (F and Z inventory) or full fare Business Class (J and U inventory) ticket, as well as Admirals Club members departing from Concourse E, may also access the lounge (but note there are no guest privileges).
● LAN airlines group operates out of Terminal J and uses Club América as their lounge

Link to Concourse D Admirals Clubs at Gates D15 and D30

Print Wikipost

MIA / Miami Concourse E AA/AB/BA/IB oneworld Premium Lounge (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2011, 9:45 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
I asked about this lounge the other day when at the AC and was told that it doesn't open til 1pm. Have not verified this...
Old Apr 13, 2011, 9:53 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by Score8
I asked about this lounge the other day when at the AC and was told that it doesn't open til 1pm. Have not verified this...
oneworld Lounge Access Search page confirms this--although it also still lists the FL in E which has been closed for months.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 9:55 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Score8
After seeing your post, I went over to the oneworld Lounge listing site (http://www.oneworld.com/ow/ffp/loung...search#Lounges) to see what it said. It does seem to confirm what you were told:

American Airlines, British Airways, Iberia Premium Lounge

Location details: Main Terminal, inside security Concourse E, 5th level.

Opening hours: Daily: 13:00-21:00

(Edit to add: Blast! Microwave beat me to it! )

Last edited by JY1024; Apr 13, 2011 at 9:56 am Reason: edit to add
Old Apr 14, 2011, 9:15 pm

MIA FL Sept 2011

I was in the AC D15 lounge on Tuesday and asked when the new FL lounge would open. Attendant now thought it was going to be Sept. She said it's by D30 and the space is huge but it's been pretty quiet there in terms of construction so I'm not sure what issues they ran into building out that space.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 3:02 pm

Was denied entry as a Qantas Plat (OWE) travelling to AUA on AA (I class). Apparently I would have been given entry if I was EXP, or BA Gold - but not QF Plat.

[Flight was leaving D gates]

The other way I apparently could have had access is if I had flown into the US trans-pac or similar.

Last edited by Aus_Mal; Apr 27, 2011 at 3:26 pm
Old Apr 27, 2011, 3:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Aus_Mal
Was denied entry as a Qantas Plat (OWE) travelling to AUA on AA (I class). Apparently I would have been given entry if I was EXP, or BA Gold - but not QF Plat.

The other way I apparently could have had access is if I had flown into the US trans-pac or similar.
This appears to be wrong.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by sts603
This appears to be wrong.
I know. Just adding a data point. Didn't bother challenging on this occasion, but will next time I head there in similar circumstances.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 4:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Aus_Mal
I know. Just adding a data point. Didn't bother challenging on this occasion, but will next time I head there in similar circumstances.
Oh ok. It seems like it should be simpler to the AAngels: its an Admirals Club. Normally rules apply EXCEPT that if you are entering solely on an Admirals Club membership card (as opposed to due to status + destination or class of service + destination) you must be departing the E gates.
Old May 7, 2011, 11:42 am

Programs: AA EXP
The AA, BA, IB Premium lounge is open daily from 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. and welcomes oneworld eligible International First Class, Business Class and Emerald and Sapphire customers. Customers traveling on an AA-operated transcontinental full fare First Class (F and Z inventory) or full fare Business Class (J and U inventory) ticket, as well as Admirals Club members departing from Concourse E, may also access the lounge
Just to add a datapoint, I was just allowed in with a Business class ticket in I inventory (discount biz). I actually asked one of the AAngels in the D Admiral's club and they told me that "premium class" apparently meant anyone in biz or first (not just full fare).

The really funny thing is that they disable the elevators leading up until exactly 1PM. I saw a couple try to get in 5 mins early and the elevator just sat there. I walked over at 1 on the dot and they were running.

Lounge itself is very good. It's about 1:40 now any only about 8 people total in here.
Old May 16, 2011, 12:41 am

I was admitted into the lounge with AC card and flying out of E. They did check my BP to make sure I was leaving from E. Also, I am not allow to bring in any guests.
Old May 16, 2011, 1:09 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, IHG Plat
Been in here 3 times since it opened. Nothing special (I was never a fan of the old AC here) with the slowest elevators in Christendom but basic free food and drink. Generally quiet but last time it was full of British fashion types loudly exchanging anecdotes about their trips, shoots and kids in a pissing contest to outdo each other. Front desk sometimes staffed by one of the ex-FL AAngels which is nice.

Main plus for me is it's empty and convenient as I tend to enter security at the quieter checkpoint E rather than D after coming thru immigration. Looking forward to seeing the new FL.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA ExPLT, Bonvoy Titanium, Amex PLT, Hertz GLD, National EX
SO & I will be traveling MIA to LHR on Sunday and I was wondering if we'll be able to use this premium lounge. Flight is on AA metal, but I'm on a BA flight #, SO on the AA flight #. Both in lowly coach. I am AA PLT, SO is AA Gold. Both have Amex PLT & Priority Pass. Just wondering if we should head to this lounge or the regular Admirals Club.

Thanks in advance for the FTer help. I've read the eligibility sentence a few times & am still a bit unsure (I'm blaming it on jetlag....)
Old Jul 6, 2011, 3:38 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As an AA Plat you will have access.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 7:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
I flew into MIA on an AA TATL flight in J and had a domestic AA connecting flight departing from the E concourse. I asked if I could access the lounge since I was EXP, arrived on TATL J and have a connecting flight departing out of E. I was told no and so I trekked over to the D30 AC to return back to the E concourse later for my connecting flight. A bit of a pain to do the trekking back and forth, but I like the D30 AC for what it's worth. I would have liked it better if the FL lounge was re-opened.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum
I'm at the Premium Lounge right now. It looks the same as the old AC, but much less crowded. Food choices: three types of cold sandwiches, salad and soup. I think the food at the old FL was better.

While walking from terminal D, I saw at least 4 signs (might have missed some) pointing to the 'Premium Lounge' for AA, Iberia, and BA.

There is a sign at the old FL saying 'Permanently Closed', and no indication if or when it will reopen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.