Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

MIA / Miami Concourse E AA/AB/BA/IB oneworld Premium Lounge (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: AndyAA
MIA / Miami International Airport North Terminal Concourse E Premium Lounge
For Premium customers departing Concourse E on American Airlines, British Airways, Iberia and Qatar Airways

Link to aa.com MIA information

Link to MIA airport website

LOCATION: Located in Concourse E just beyond the security checkpoint on the 5th floor

HOURS: See here for hours, conditions, photo montage.

AMENITIES:
  • 6,000 square feet
    • Seating capacity: 120
      • Work stations with HP Compaq dc7900 PCs
        • Complimentary high-speed Internet access,
          • Two TV lounges with flat-panel TVs
            • Children's room with HP PCs outfitted with age-appropriate programming
              • Spa-like showers
                • Complimentary premium liquors, wines and beer
                  • Complimentary coffee, tea, sodas and water
                    • Complimentary lunch, afternoon tea or light supper menu

N.B. Admirals Club members must be departing from Concourse E to access this lounge using their membership. No guest privileges..

The MIA Concourse E AA/BA/IB Premium Lounge is not an Admirals Club or Flagship Lounge, and is not operated as a oneworld lounge; it has its own access rules. <link> and news release <link> . It opened was opened on Feb 22, 2011.

There is no Arrivals or Flagship Lounge at MIA.

...the Miami, the 2011-opened AA, AB, BA, IB Premium lounge is open daily from 1 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. and welcomes oneworld eligible International First Class, Business Class and Emerald and Sapphire customers. Customers traveling on an AA-operated transcontinental full fare First Class (F and Z inventory) or full fare Business Class (J and U inventory) ticket, as well as Admirals Club members departing from Concourse E, may also access the lounge (but note there are no guest privileges).
● LAN airlines group operates out of Terminal J and uses Club América as their lounge

Link to Concourse D Admirals Clubs at Gates D15 and D30

Print Wikipost

MIA / Miami Concourse E AA/AB/BA/IB oneworld Premium Lounge (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2013, 1:42 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by Hyperacusis
Any word on the MIA Flagship lounge at all?
Put on hold due to BK, but the space is there, construction began, so hopefully it comes back up to speed. The long-term plan has been:

-OW lounge converts to LAN lounge.
-BA lounge in low-D (old A) reopens.
-FL lounge opens.

I'm assuming that's still the plan, but the timetable is definitley not set.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 2:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, EY Gold.
Originally Posted by Prospero
Yes, as far as BA Exec Club Silver and Gold card holders are concerned, standard oneworld access rules apply, irrespective of the concourse your AA flight leaves from.
Can I ask, does this apply if I am BA Silver card holder departing MIA on LAN as well (J concourse)?

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by duckied
Can I ask, does this apply if I am BA Silver card holder departing MIA on LAN as well (J concourse)?

Thanks in advance.
Per oneworld rules yes; however E and J are not connected airside. In my experience the lines for H/J gates at MIA can be long in the evening hours so be sure to arrive with plenty of time.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 3:59 pm

Programs: BA Silver | AA LT Gold | EY Silver | Marriott LT Titanium
Not sure security will let you through at D/E with a J boarding pass though.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 4:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, EY Gold.
Thanks guys.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 10:54 am

Can I get into this lounge being AA EXP flying international on coach?
Old Mar 20, 2013, 7:21 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EZETravel
Yes - provided it's international enough. Caribbean, Mexico, and Canada don't cut it.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Wirelessly posted (Apple iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B146 Safari/8536.25)

Originally Posted by HNL
Originally Posted by EZETravel
Yes - provided it's international enough. Caribbean, Mexico, and Canada don't cut it.
Except Mexico City (MEX). It is the sole exception to the North American lounge access restriction for elites whose sole OW Sapphire/Emerald status comes from AA.

So, if you were flying MIA-CUN, you would not have access, but if you were flying MIA-MEX-CUN, you would have access!!
Old Mar 27, 2013, 8:32 am

Anyone know if you are just flying coach out of E and have some one day passes if they are valid in this lounge?

Thanks
Nick
Old Jul 12, 2013, 7:33 am

Food is good, but lounge cleanliness and maintenance is lacking

Flew in with wife from London yesterday and, with a 4+ hour layover, decided to check out this lounge for a while. My title says it all; I'm surprised that AA wants to be a part of a lounge in this condition. One shower was closed; in the men's room one of two urinals was blocked off. Dirt was obvious throughout the club where housekeeping had done a very poor job mopping floors and cleaning walls and other surfaces.

Temperature control throughout the club was poor, and my wife especially found it too cold in most areas. The worst thing was, as the time grew later toward Miami's South American departures, the club became quite crowded. Lots of uncontrolled small kids running around and people speaking very loudly on cell phones and/or iPads with Skype. We stayed a couple of hours, then left to go back over to the D30 lounge--which, while busy, was a much more pleasant environment.

Recommendation: don't make a special trip to the E concourse for this lounge.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 7:39 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Given the generally low quality of all of the lounges in D/E, this seems neither substantially better nor substantially worse than the median.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 11:31 am

Programs: DL, UA, US, AA, HHonors, Club Carlson, Kimpton
Flying F on 777 from LAX-MIA and continuing on with J on 767-300 from MIA-GIG. I believe both land/depart from terminal D. Would I have access to the terminal E lounge? And how long of a layover would I need? Thanks!!
Old Jul 12, 2013, 1:18 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
According to the rules quoted in the wikipost above, you must be departing the E concourse. (From gapilot's post it would seem it's no major loss - "Premium" Lounge, indeed! )

I'll be checking it out late August - hope it's not in such a state of disrepair.

Originally Posted by Efilon87
Flying F on 777 from LAX-MIA and continuing on with J on 767-300 from MIA-GIG. I believe both land/depart from terminal D. Would I have access to the terminal E lounge? And how long of a layover would I need? Thanks!!
Old Jul 12, 2013, 1:51 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Not exactly true. Last week, flew LAX-MIA in F, connecting to MIA-BCN in J. And the Lounge Dragon let me right in, no questions asked. Now, could be a case of YMMV but I understood the rules that if you had a OW Int'l Premium Ticket (AA,BA,IB,LAN...) then you were allowed it. At least that is what I experienced. I think the "departing terminal E" qualifier is for Admirals Club Members, rather than those on Premium Tickets.

But the club itself is OK. Nothing too special. I put a dent in the scotch supply and had some decent pasta salad and other little bites. For free food, compares well to what you could buy at the AC. But, if you have a tight connection or don't exactly feel like walking to kingdom come and back, as it is no short trek to get to the elevator, just stay in D at one of the AC's.

Agree with the issues of the air-con in the club tho. Has a hard time keeping up with the humid Miami air. Unless you are under a vent, then it is like the arctic.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 2:39 pm

Programs: DL, UA, US, AA, HHonors, Club Carlson, Kimpton
So if you had the choice of flying F on 777-200 LAX-MIA and using the "premium" lounge or F on 767-200 to LAX-JFK and using the flagship lounge, which one would you choose? Lets just say you would arrive at your final international destination at the same time and cost would be the same (in a perfect world)... Thanks!!

All travel on AA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.