FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   MIA / Miami Concourse E AA/AB/BA/IB oneworld Premium Lounge (master thread) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1188776-mia-miami-concourse-e-aa-ab-ba-ib-oneworld-premium-lounge-master-thread.html)

JDiver Apr 5, 2009 6:03 pm

MIA / Miami International Airport North Terminal Concourse E Premium Lounge

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-J.../AA_B_MIAE.png
MIA / Miami International Airport North Terminal Concourse E AA AB BA IB Premium Lounge

bcm0830 Feb 27, 2011 11:55 am

MIA / Miami Concourse E AA/AB/BA/IB oneworld Premium Lounge (master thread)

I've searched, and I'm surprised there's no chat on this new lounge that opened in terminal E at MIA last week. I saw a sign (BA/IB Premium Lounge) for it when I left out of E last week, but I didn't have time to explore it.

I found some chat about it on the BA website, but not much detail, and they seem to be underwhelmed.

Has anyone been inside? Can AAers use it when traveling out of E, since we don't have an AC there?

TurtleCreeker Feb 27, 2011 6:41 pm

Was in New Premium Lounge on Opening Day

Mod may wish to move to MIA lounges thread, but the skinny is this: The lounge opened on Feb 22 as a "oneworld premium lounge". As such, the staff explained that only international premium class or international emerald passengers were allowed entry. The space is the old E concourse Admiral's Club and I was underwhelmed by its condition....there had been little freshening, only two computers were installed, and most showers were inoperable. I walked into a shower stall that was simply a spigot without a shower head and the grouting was moldly....hopefully chalked up to opening day glitches. The food was similar to that of the old MIA Flagship Lounge and decent alcohol was on offer in the open bar.

For many people, the location at E concourse security won't be the most convenient, but the food and drinks are a positive step forward AND the space seemed to take some pressure off the D30 Admiral's Club and that is good news!

MAH4546 Mar 1, 2011 1:55 am

The new OW lounge is, for now, temporary. As mentioned, British Airways is finally operating out of the AA terminal, as is Alaska Airlines. Iberia and Air Berlin will be moving to Concourse D/E as soon as reasonably possible. The LAN airlines, due to extensive MIA operations number ~60 763s a week, will remain in J until the North Terminal is fully complete, new immigration facilities and all.

A new British Airways Terraces/First Lounge and new Flagship Lounge should open in May, but nothing ever runs on schedule at MIA, so don't count on that. Both clubs are located near gate D15.

chanp Mar 1, 2011 9:08 am

Lounge reopened

http://aa.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=3160

American Airlines, British Airways and Iberia Open Premium Lounge at Miami International Airport
Premium Lounge is the First Joint Lounge of Its Kind for the Three Airlines

FORT WORTH, Texas, March 1, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- American Airlines (AA), British Airways (BA) and Iberia (IB) have proudly opened the doors of the airlines' first joint Premium lounge. Located in Concourse E just beyond the security checkpoint on the fifth floor, the Premium lounge will provide additional seamless service as part of the joint business agreement among AA, BA and IB to share revenue, coordinate networks and schedules and co-operate commercially on routes between North America and Europe.

"With American and American Eagle operating from six gates in Terminal E and our joint business partners also operating from Terminal E, the Premium lounge offers customers traveling through Miami a convenient place to relax before, between and after flights," said Peter Dolara, American's Senior Vice President – Mexico, Caribbean and Latin America. "This lounge provides another customer touchpoint where our representatives can offer seamless, premium service and enhance the travel experience as part of the joint business."

The newly opened AA, BA, IB Premium lounge spans 6,000 square feet and offers seating for 120 guests. The multi-functional Business Center has work stations, some with HP Compaq dc7900 PCs with complimentary high-speed Internet access, that enable guests to stay connected while traveling. Other amenities include two TV lounges with flat-panel TVs, a children's room with HP PCs outfitted with age-appropriate programming, and spa-like showers.

Travelers visiting the Premium lounge can also take advantage of complimentary food and beverages. Customers can order premium liquors, wines and beer, as well as coffee, tea, sodas and water. For those looking for a bite to eat, the lounge offers a complimentary lunch, afternoon tea or light supper menu. Menus may include freshly-prepared soup du jour and an assortment of mini sandwiches.

"The opening of this new lounge enables us to offer our customers the best service at a time when our presence in Miami is growing significantly – apart from our daily flight between Miami and Madrid we will begin operating three non-stop weekly flights from Miami to Barcelona on March 29," said Jose Maria Alvarado, Iberia's Country Manager in the U.S. "This new Premium lounge is part of a 150 million-euro customer care program that Iberia launched in 2009 to among other things, renovate all of our VIP lounges and upgrade our Business Plus."

The AA, BA, IB Premium lounge is open daily from 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. and welcomes oneworld eligible International First Class, Business Class and Emerald and Sapphire customers. Customers traveling on an AA-operated transcontinental full fare First Class (F and Z inventory) or full fare Business Class (J and U inventory) ticket, as well as Admirals Club members departing from Concourse E, may also access the lounge

About American Airlines

American Airlines, American Eagle and AmericanConnection® serve 250 cities in 40 countries with, on average, more than 3,400 daily flights. The combined network fleet numbers more than 900 aircraft. American's award-winning website, AA.com®, provides users with easy access to check and book fares, plus personalized news, information and travel offers. American Airlines is a founding member of the oneworld® Alliance, which brings together some of the best and biggest names in the airline business, enabling them to offer their customers more services and benefits than any airline can provide on its own. Together, its members serve approximately 750 destinations in nearly 150 countries and territories. American Airlines, Inc. and American Eagle Airlines, Inc. are subsidiaries of AMR Corporation. AmericanAirlines, American Eagle, AmericanConnection, AA.com, We know why you fly and AAdvantage are trademarks of American Airlines, Inc. (NYSE: AMR)

About British Airways

British Airways is the UK's largest international airline serving more than 150 destinations and carrying 33 million people a year on its global network.

About Iberia

Today, Iberia is the leading airline in Spain, the routes that connect Spain and Europe, and also market leader on flights between Europe and Latin America. Together with its franchise partner Iberia Regional, both airlines operate more than 1,000 flights every day to about 100 destinations. Iberia is a member of the oneworld®, an alliance offering 9,000 daily flights to 800 destinations in 150 countries. For further information about the Iberia Group: http://grupo.iberia.com/portal/site/grupoiberia/.

Current AMR Corp. releases can be accessed on the Internet.

The address is http://www.aa.com

SOURCE American Airlines

FWAAA Mar 1, 2011 9:15 am

The AA, BA, IB Premium lounge is open daily from 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. and welcomes oneworld eligible International First Class, Business Class and Emerald and Sapphire customers. Customers traveling on an AA-operated transcontinental full fare First Class (F and Z inventory) or full fare Business Class (J and U inventory) ticket, as well as Admirals Club members departing from Concourse E, may also access the lounge.
Open to Admirals Club members departing from E? Open to transcon passengers in U or Z? Wow.

The operating hours (1p to 9p) are a little short (IMO), but it sounds like a nice lounge.

newbluesea Mar 1, 2011 9:38 am

Old E AC (seems this place will never die, third re-incarnation in what 6 years?;))
And old FL food and drink.. temporary only most likley will be gone within the year.

All those AC members complaining about E get a little bonus.

MiamiAirport Formerly NY George Mar 1, 2011 10:59 am

Originally Posted by FWAAA (Post 15954004)
Open to Admirals Club members departing from E? Open to transcon passengers in U or Z? Wow.

The operating hours (1p to 9p) are a little short (IMO), but it sounds like a nice lounge.

So I hope now that my MIA/JFK flight departs from E tomorrow night to check it out. I am assuming the space is still the same.

nldogbert Mar 1, 2011 11:03 am

Does not sound like a Flagship lounge

Hmm.. is this the replacement for the closed FL lounge? Than it is a disappointment as they will most probably have reduced service.

To me this sounds like a drop of a level compared to the FL that was previously available.

Cheers!

Microwave Mar 1, 2011 11:12 am

Originally Posted by nldogbert (Post 15954737)
Hmm.. is this the replacement for the closed FL lounge? Than it is a disappointment as they will most probably have reduced service.

To me this sounds like a drop of a level compared to the FL that was previously available.

A new FL will open in D later this year. This isn't a replacement.

Abidjan Mar 1, 2011 11:19 am

Knowing the FL opening is just around the corner as well, all-in-all, great news AA. ^

nldogbert Mar 1, 2011 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by Microwave (Post 15954809)
A new FL will open in D later this year. This isn't a replacement.

This is good news than.. got a bit worried since this news was added to the current thread which was on the FL closure at MIA.:D

Cheers!

tbrein Mar 1, 2011 1:06 pm

Does anyone know if AMEX Platinum will be able to use this lounge?

Hoc Mar 1, 2011 1:16 pm

I went to the premium lounge in MIA yesterday. Pretty dismal. The furniture looked like IKEA Special, and the food offerings were nothing like you usually see in BA and IB lounges. From 3 pm to 5 pm, when I was there, they had some festering croissant sandwiches (that looked really unappetizing, like tuna salad on one, chicken salad on the other), a couple of cut up "magic cookie bars," and some fruit. No warm offerings at all.

KtownTraveler Mar 1, 2011 2:05 pm

Festering croissant sandwiches? Hoc you do have a way with words!