Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

MIA / Miami Concourse E AA/AB/BA/IB oneworld Premium Lounge (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: AndyAA
MIA / Miami International Airport North Terminal Concourse E Premium Lounge
For Premium customers departing Concourse E on American Airlines, British Airways, Iberia and Qatar Airways

Link to aa.com MIA information

Link to MIA airport website

LOCATION: Located in Concourse E just beyond the security checkpoint on the 5th floor

HOURS: See here for hours, conditions, photo montage.

AMENITIES:
  • 6,000 square feet
    • Seating capacity: 120
      • Work stations with HP Compaq dc7900 PCs
        • Complimentary high-speed Internet access,
          • Two TV lounges with flat-panel TVs
            • Children's room with HP PCs outfitted with age-appropriate programming
              • Spa-like showers
                • Complimentary premium liquors, wines and beer
                  • Complimentary coffee, tea, sodas and water
                    • Complimentary lunch, afternoon tea or light supper menu

N.B. Admirals Club members must be departing from Concourse E to access this lounge using their membership. No guest privileges..

The MIA Concourse E AA/BA/IB Premium Lounge is not an Admirals Club or Flagship Lounge, and is not operated as a oneworld lounge; it has its own access rules. <link> and news release <link> . It opened was opened on Feb 22, 2011.

There is no Arrivals or Flagship Lounge at MIA.

...the Miami, the 2011-opened AA, AB, BA, IB Premium lounge is open daily from 1 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. and welcomes oneworld eligible International First Class, Business Class and Emerald and Sapphire customers. Customers traveling on an AA-operated transcontinental full fare First Class (F and Z inventory) or full fare Business Class (J and U inventory) ticket, as well as Admirals Club members departing from Concourse E, may also access the lounge (but note there are no guest privileges).
● LAN airlines group operates out of Terminal J and uses Club América as their lounge

Link to Concourse D Admirals Clubs at Gates D15 and D30

Print Wikipost

MIA / Miami Concourse E AA/AB/BA/IB oneworld Premium Lounge (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2012, 1:07 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
I was in the E lounge until 9:15pm last week. It was still quite busy, and they seemed in no hurry to close. So I assume that they wait for delayed international departures.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by galaticos
Just tried the premium lounge in E.. around 3pm so after lunch time but was appalled at the lack of food / snack options.. there was just a cheese plate and that's it.. all the sandwiches were over, salads were over and when I asked if they would be re-stocking soon, answer was - not till dinner time which is 7pm.. trudged my way back to AC at D30..
I have been here since 3:15pm and there is some food out.

This is being replenished.

Some Drinks:

Old Nov 3, 2012, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by serfty
I have been here since 3:15pm and there is some food out.

This is being replenished.[/img]
The food has never been great at the Premium Lounge. However, the free drinks always come in handy. I'll be there on Wednesday afternoon - hopefully there will be something to good to eat.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 8:30 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Does the lounge allow any guest privileges?

The lounge rules say:
Admirals Club members departing from Concourse E, may also access the lounge (but note there are no guest privileges).
and the OP says:
● N.B. this lounge does not allow guest privileges).
but do we know for a fact that there are no guest privileges for AA elites travelling internationally?
Old Jan 6, 2013, 8:57 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Have a trip through MIA (LHR-MIA-SCL) in a few weeks so wanted to read up on this. I'm EXP and will be traveling in J so I know I will have access to the Premium Lounge.

However, I'm confused by the statement in the Thread Wiki that this is not a OneWorld lounge.

Seems like it operates just like many lounges operated by other (non-AA) OneWorld carriers: Access is available to those in certain classes of service and to Sapphires and Emeralds, with the traditional caveat that AA elites must be on an international itinerary.

The only difference seems to be that they also permit access to AC members departing from E, and to three class transcon pax in J and F.

Would it not be better described as a OneWorld lounge with additional access priviliges?

Apologies if I am missing something -- please correct me if so!
Old Jan 8, 2013, 7:00 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by ExpatExp
Have a trip through MIA (LHR-MIA-SCL) in a few weeks so wanted to read up on this. I'm EXP and will be traveling in J so I know I will have access to the Premium Lounge.

However, I'm confused by the statement in the Thread Wiki that this is not a OneWorld lounge.

Seems like it operates just like many lounges operated by other (non-AA) OneWorld carriers: Access is available to those in certain classes of service and to Sapphires and Emeralds, with the traditional caveat that AA elites must be on an international itinerary.

The only difference seems to be that they also permit access to AC members departing from E, and to three class transcon pax in J and F.

Would it not be better described as a OneWorld lounge with additional access priviliges?

I would also like some clarification here. About 1 year back I was granted access as a PLT flying international on a C inventory ticket. At the time I thought it was a mistake, but now I'm not so sure. So, would a OW Emerald/Sapphire get access with a coach international ticket (regardless of departure terminal)?
Old Jan 8, 2013, 12:06 pm

Programs: BA Silver | AA LT Gold | EY Silver | Marriott LT Titanium
Are non-AA OW Sapphires/Emeralds granted access when flying AA domestically, either out of D or E? (as they are at ACs)
Old Jan 8, 2013, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hyperacusis
Are non-AA OW Sapphires/Emeralds granted access when flying AA domestically, either out of D or E? (as they are at ACs)
Yes ... it's only the AAdvantage based Emeralds(EXP)/Sapphires(PLT) who need to be on specific "international itineraries" to be granted access.

Never a problem for me as a Qantas Emerald.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 8:51 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott Gold
Aa plt access

I have gone into the lounge as an AADV PLT flying to MAD on coach with a guest and have been granted access arriving internationally on BIZ and connecting domestic AA on coach.

The first time I visited they had Chopin Red Vodka and I have been obsessed with it ever since
Old Jan 8, 2013, 9:17 pm

Programs: BA Silver | AA LT Gold | EY Silver | Marriott LT Titanium
*deleted*

Last edited by Hyperacusis; Jan 9, 2013 at 11:45 am
Old Jan 9, 2013, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good to know. I often travel with my brother's BA Silver card for this reason (his name is very similar to mine). The Amex Plat is nice for AC access but the BA Silver card gives me drink coupons... and it looks like my Amex Plat will be no good for accessing this lounge.

Can you as a QF OWE use this lounge only on domestic itineraries out of MIA E? Or can you use it for D departures as well?
I post information and experience in relation to legitimate personal status based access in good faith, not to assist anyone trying to garner access to facilities they may not be otherwise personally entitled to.

Access is the same for the D lounges - even, as per some posts upthread, easier than for the E lounge due to some AAngels not being completely familiar with the rules.

Last edited by serfty; Jan 10, 2013 at 4:16 am
Old Jan 9, 2013, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
deleted

Last edited by ESpen36; Jan 9, 2013 at 4:21 pm Reason: redacted upon request
Old Jan 9, 2013, 7:09 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Well, for one thing, it is just not a oneworld lounge, and as part of not being a oneworld lounge has specific and different access requirements (e.g. NO guests). They deliberately chose to do it this way - not an AC and not a oneworld lounge. Though it mostly functions as one.

Located in Concourse E just beyond the security checkpoint on the fifth floor, the newly opened AA, BA, IB (and airberlin) Premium lounge is open daily from 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. and welcomes oneworld eligible International First Class, Business Class and Emerald and Sapphire customers. Customers traveling on an AA-operated transcontinental full fare First Class (F and Z inventory) or full fare Business Class (J and U inventory) ticket, as well as Admirals Club members departing from Concourse E, may also access the lounge.

Old Jan 13, 2013, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Yes ok -- still trying to get my head around it. Obviously not an AC so I've avoided any comparison to ACs.

As for it being similar to a OneWorld lounge, it does seem as if it operates according to OneWorld rules, with some extra access priviliges (AC members departing from E and transcon pax in J or F) and some extra access restrictions (no guests). Does that sound about right?
Old Jan 13, 2013, 4:38 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes ok -- still trying to get my head around it. Obviously not an AC so I've avoided any comparison to ACs.

As for it being similar to a OneWorld lounge, it does seem as if it operates according to OneWorld rules, with some extra access priviliges (AC members departing from E and transcon pax in J or F) and some extra access restrictions (no guests). Does that sound about right?
sounds about right

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.