Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

MIA / Miami Int'l. Airport Gates D15 and D30 Admirals Clubs (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 2, 2015, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
D15 Admirals Club
Hours: daily 05:30am to 10:30pm

Facilities:
  • Complimentary food and drinks
  • Full service bar
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Showers

D15 Admirals Club
Hours: daily 05:30am to 11:00pm

Facilities:
  • Complimentary food and drinks
  • Full service bar
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Showers
  • Eight person conference room

Access requirements
Refer to the Admirals Club Access page on AA.com

Flagship Lounge
Please refer to the sister thread for information and discussion

Resources:
Link to the Lounge information page on AA.com

Link to the Miami airport information page on AA.com

Link to the AA forum MIA Airport Guide thread

Link to the official Miami Airport home page

Wiki update log
7 Jan 2023 by Prospero
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:06 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

MIA / Miami International Airport Concourse D, Gates D15 and D30 Admirals Clubs

Last edited by JDiver; May 5, 2015 at 10:40 pm Reason: update
Old Aug 23, 2012, 12:11 am

What lounge in MIA do you recommend?

We have a long layover in MIA in route to UIO with AA (flying awards tickets coach) next month. We have a couple of Admirals Club passes or we can use our free Lounge club visits (the free ones with ink bold). Which lounge would you AA travel experts recommend? Thanks for you time!
Old Aug 23, 2012, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by crzn
We have a long layover in MIA in route to UIO with AA (flying awards tickets coach) next month. We have a couple of Admirals Club passes or we can use our free Lounge club visits (the free ones with ink bold). Which lounge would you AA travel experts recommend? Thanks for you time!
The quieter one..
.........please let me know when you find it, I keep hitting the ones with the whining kids and loud cell phone users.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 2:45 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you have a long layover visit both.

Or just visit the one closest to your departure gate.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 4:46 am

I prefer the D37 AC by far.

That club does have a quiet area in the back by the bubble over the concourse, and Yuengling on tap!
Old Aug 23, 2012, 6:41 am

D30 .
Old Aug 23, 2012, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
If your layover is that long, then yea, as HNL mentioned above, just check out both and see which looks better.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 6:42 am

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
This is now my favorite (in E) but I suspect from your post your awards tickets might not get you in. And generally speaking I would rather poke my eye out than fly thru MIA. But sometimes I have to do both.

http://m.oneworld.com/airportlounges...mi&airport=MIA
Old Aug 23, 2012, 7:18 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by boerne
This is now my favorite (in E) but I suspect from your post your awards tickets might not get you in. And generally speaking I would rather poke my eye out than fly thru MIA. But sometimes I have to do both.

http://m.oneworld.com/airportlounges...mi&airport=MIA
AC members can use the E Lounge if their flight is departing from E. One day passes and entry from flying J I'm not sure about.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 7:22 am

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
flying J to and from Lima in April, not from the E concourse, four of us were able to use this lounge (2 EXP, 2 No status). It is a hike from D, but exercise is good for you. As I recall, our friends got in on their BPs, not by hitching a ride with us.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 8:20 am

Programs: AA EXP(4mm), DL Gold, UA Gold (1mm), HH Diamond, Bonvoy Amb(l/t Titanium). Former EA/PA elite
Originally Posted by DataPlumber
I prefer the D37 AC by far.

That club does have a quiet area in the back by the bubble over the concourse, and Yuengling on tap!
+1.
I prefer this lounge to the one at D15....which always seems over-crowded.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 8:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, AMEX PLT
D30 is the larger of the two lounges and will have more places for you to hide away from the louder folks... "The Quiet Way" seems to be my favorite area as it tends to be kind of hidden away and overlooks the terminal main drag, so people watching is a plus. People are not supposed to use cell phones in that zone, but there's always a character that messes this up.

Also, if you are going to be traveling out of a gate far from D30, check with the upstairs desk and see if they will help you out and reserve a golf cart to get you there when you are ready to go. They are sometimes reluctant since they installed the train in that terminal and often say that it is only for disabled customers. However, if you flag one down in the terminal and ask them to take you to the AC, they oblige 99% of the time.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:00 am

Programs: AA EXP(4mm), DL Gold, UA Gold (1mm), HH Diamond, Bonvoy Amb(l/t Titanium). Former EA/PA elite
Originally Posted by DanMiami
D30 is the larger of the two lounges and will have more places for you to hide away from the louder folks.
I agree. My favourite area is the business center. I always find an empty cubicle to set up my laptop. Half the time, there are only 2-3 people in the area so it is normally pretty quiet and private......and there is the added bonus that there is a small coffee station set-up in the area. Great location especially in the AM. Main downside is that it is on the totally opposite end of the lounge from the bar.....so if one plans to drink alcoholic libations, it is a bit of a walk.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 1:39 pm
Suspended

Observations of Admiral Club at MIA; ex-DL, new AA

I've made a concerted effort to switch from DL (DL captive here--JAX) to AA.

This is my first experience flying AA in over 10 years. Definitely first Admiral Club experience, maybe ever.

I have all sorts of AA credit cards, except the one that comps Admiral access.

Which leads me to my first observation: (1) A tad surprised AA doesn't discount the standard $50/day pass rate to $25 like DL does for those who hold a Citi AA card.

I walked in and asked for a tour, being that I'd need to shell $50 to see the place. The woman at the front refused, citing "it's the busiest time of day, come back in an hour or two" (meanwhile, there wasn't a single person checking in for the 8 minutes I stood by)...after talking to another desk agent, I ended up giving them $99 for a 30-day pass and hoping for the best (going to use the Iberia lounge in MAD on Monday and another Admiral Club in MIA on Monday night)

(2) The lounge is crowded, but on par with a DL lounge. Not enough seats, as many people were standing around/walking around looking for a place to sit.

(3) Decent selection of comped beer and wine. Didn't inquire about liquor. I know DL gives complementary shelf liquor with an option to buy higher end items.

As for the food....

(4) I'm the first to call out DL on their options. I'd die happy if I knew I'd never need to see Biscoff cookies and dried out celery/carrots again. But...common AA! The only option I can see in this place is an assortment of cookies, some pretzels, and 2 apples.

I do like that this place doesn't feel like a madhouse. DL clubs are so intense inside, I'd rather pay to be outside! I do feel like I'm in a calm, far removed from the madness of MIA.

Lastly, (5): the WiFi here is amazing. That being said, the desk agent (multiple, actually) kept telling me "use the free ATT wifi!"...anyways, it was slow to the point of not working, and I finally got good WiFi on the "Admiral Club" network.

Is this place worth $50? No.

Am I happy I'm in here? Yes.

I guess AA banks on that sentiment with anyone not traveling elite/anyone without comp access.

EDIT: I'm at the Admiral Club near gate D39.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 1:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
You would probably find it to be worth $50 if you ran into problems with your flight, as the AAngels can do pretty much anything that the highest-level customer service people at AA can do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.