Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver

Thread founder Blumie had the following dedicatory post to kick off the original thread in June of 2010 to guide us, so we will take our cues from that to continue this hallowed FT-AA|A tradition. (FT Rules still apply.)

Originally Posted by Blumie
What's FT if not a place to complain about the small stuff? After all, we've seen threads in which people have complained about virtually everything, from the ceiling height at JAX to the font, ink and paper used to print boarding passes. So I thought I'd start what I hope will become the one of the most valuable and important threads in the history of FT, one in which we consolidate all of our complaints about stuff that just doesn't matter and that validates AA's decision not to have an official presence on this board.

I'll go first: I find it really annoying the way the napkins are fanned before being put out at the Admirals Clubs. Is this supposed to make us feel like the place is uber-fancy? Why don't they just forget about the fanning and put out some real napkins instead of the flimsy cocktail napkins they use?
Older posts have been archived, and may be read here.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2019, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by Uncle Nonny
Police reports.
I'd say that's substantive though. Even the credit card companies stopped requiring those decade ago.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 12:51 am

DFW to Vegas tonight, I am in a MCE aisle, a younger couple sits next to me and the guy apologizes and tells me they will be making out the whole flight. Before we had even left the gate they are all over each other, her breast is out for a moment at one point and his hand is in her lap with a blanket which is moving around. I get the FAs attention and glance that way, she literally says not my problem I am in the back and keeps going. A few minutes later (we are taxiing at this point) another FA comes by and tells them they are being inappropriate and they have observed his hands where they shouldnt be in public tells them to comply or they were headed back to the gate. They begin again during takeoff and the FA in the jump seat sees me glancing at her in hopes something will be done. She comes over and asks me if I want to move or see if they can move, its a full plane mind you, I say it is what it is and try to watch a movie. They did decide to not serve them alcohol on the flight and while they didnt stop, it definitely settled down mostly. They did apologize on my way off the plane, but it was an interesting 3 hours for sure. I guess I wont complain to AA, doubt it does any good and other than the initial poor response and then putting me on the spot in an uncomfortable situation they did the best they could I guess? The female at the window also got into it with the guy in front of her, he reclined and she started mashing the IFE screen, he told her to stop, some choice words followed. Guess I deserve it for going to Vegas?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 6:56 am

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
What happens in Vegas.... Continues in the plane on the way home... Sorry for the bad experience.
Scoit likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 1:16 am

I received 2,000 customer service RDM without a complaint for my overzealous row mates posted previously, better than nothing.
cedric likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP | United Silver | HH Diamond | Bonvoy Platinum | Hyatt Explorist
On flights that don't ave AVOD/IFE why can they just play an audio track for the safety presentation? What about a script they can read off of? It seems like every time the FAs provide any announcement its like their first day.

Safety: "Good afternoon ladies and gent..." [clicking noises] "to ensure a safe flight we ask that you follow alon ... along ... this boen... AIRBUS ... There are 6 exits [awkward pause with more clicking noises] ... There are 8 exits on this aircraft [awkward Segway into a how a seatbelt works] [Additional awk pause while they decide to talk about life vests or masks]"

Why is this so hard - it should be pretty straightforward.

Credit card: "Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen we have a VERY SPECIAL offer for todays flight only - we have a AAdvantage World Red Aviator ..... World Red... Advantage World Elite Mastercard special offer that [clicking noises with awkward pause] 60,000 bonus miles - enough for 2 round trip flights [unclear where] and a roundtrip flight to Japan or Europe or wherever our Oneworld All.... Flies."

Like aren't you saying this every day? Like why is it so hard to understand basic facts about a credit card that you get credit for selling and getting commission on?
enviroian and AeRoSpaceman like this.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA PLT, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by AAdamE
On flights that don't ave AVOD/IFE why can they just play an audio track for the safety presentation? What about a script they can read off of? It seems like every time the FAs provide any announcement its like their first day.

Safety: "Good afternoon ladies and gent..." [clicking noises] "to ensure a safe flight we ask that you follow alon ... along ... this boen... AIRBUS ... There are 6 exits [awkward pause with more clicking noises] ... There are 8 exits on this aircraft [awkward Segway into a how a seatbelt works] [Additional awk pause while they decide to talk about life vests or masks]"

Credit card: "Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen we have a VERY SPECIAL offer for todays flight only - we have a AAdvantage World Red Aviator ..... World Red... Advantage World Elite Mastercard special offer that [clicking noises with awkward pause] 60,000 bonus miles - enough for 2 round trip flights [unclear where] and a roundtrip flight to Japan or Europe or wherever our Oneworld All.... Flies."

Like aren't you saying this every day? Like why is it so hard to understand basic facts about a credit card that you get credit for selling and getting commission on?

Some of the regional American eagle carriers actually do have pre-recorded safety messages without having IFE systems
Old Apr 5, 2019, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by MathMusic
Some of the regional American eagle carriers actually do have pre-recorded safety messages without having IFE systems
oasised 737s have it pre recorded as well
Old Apr 5, 2019, 2:22 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
With reference to my $353.50 upfare from J to F for my LHR-SAN flight next Jan from the upfare thread, MatrixITA shows that the actual base fare difference between J and F was only $100, with the other $253.50 being the incremental YR surcharge as it’s on BA metal!
Old Apr 5, 2019, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by MathMusic
Yep, ERD/ER4 has a car CD player, some of them even have Bluetooth enabled if someone wanted to play DJ
Old Apr 6, 2019, 10:52 pm

Programs: AA ConciergeKey, Hertz PC , Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AAdamE

This cracked me up because its so spot on!
SouthernCross and AAdamE like this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 8:48 am

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
Regional flight out of DFW. FA didn't collect PDB cups before takeoff. Had to hold it until we leveled out. What kind of compensation should I ask for?
Antarius likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 11:21 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
The incoming flight details on the App keeps disappearing for me
Old Apr 7, 2019, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by kb9522
Regional flight out of DFW. FA didn't collect PDB cups before takeoff. Had to hold it until we leveled out. What kind of compensation should I ask for?
Gloves?
dciolli likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 12:40 pm

Getting SSSS when returning home to America, on an American passport with GE, born in America, on a carrier named American Airlines. What the heck? On a RT flight, no less.
iadisgreat likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1865 Voyager, *G
My nuts today had ZERO walnuts and only one pistachio -- the rest were almonds and cashews.
nismo240ssx likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.