Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver

Thread founder Blumie had the following dedicatory post to kick off the original thread in June of 2010 to guide us, so we will take our cues from that to continue this hallowed FT-AA|A tradition. (FT Rules still apply.)

Originally Posted by Blumie
What's FT if not a place to complain about the small stuff? After all, we've seen threads in which people have complained about virtually everything, from the ceiling height at JAX to the font, ink and paper used to print boarding passes. So I thought I'd start what I hope will become the one of the most valuable and important threads in the history of FT, one in which we consolidate all of our complaints about stuff that just doesn't matter and that validates AA's decision not to have an official presence on this board.

I'll go first: I find it really annoying the way the napkins are fanned before being put out at the Admirals Clubs. Is this supposed to make us feel like the place is uber-fancy? Why don't they just forget about the fanning and put out some real napkins instead of the flimsy cocktail napkins they use?
Older posts have been archived, and may be read here.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2015, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
Not only that, but due to the drought in California the nut bowls are tragically and practically devoid of almonds.

How much do you think I can get in compensation?
Easy answer - it's weather-related, so no compensation will be given.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 1:28 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Easy answer - it's weather-related, so no compensation will be given.
<snicker> ^

My recent complaint: Why does the location of the fruit vary so much in each Admirals Club? They already have basic guidelines like: food/snacks/soup cluster in the same area; milk/cream go next to the coffee, etc. Why are the oranges sometimes hiding with the water, or hanging out with the dog food snack dispensers, or randomly in a bowl on a coffee table somewhere?
Old Dec 4, 2015, 2:08 pm

Programs: free agent
Originally Posted by JY1024
milk/cream go next to the coffee, etc.
Milk? I've never been able to find milk in an AC! I'm a tea drinker so I've looked pretty hard - even asked the bar for it.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 2:34 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AlphaTango
Milk? I've never been able to find milk in an AC! I'm a tea drinker so I've looked pretty hard - even asked the bar for it.
Hmm...in full disclosure, I don't add anything to my coffee/tea, so I'm making an assumption that the cute little carafes contain dairy products and one of them would contain milk.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 3:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
What's up with the blaring music upon landing. I'm trying to listen to voicemails. I don't need loud ceremonial music to welcome me to somewhere like Dallas. Also, AA please, pretty please with sugar on top could you in the ACs PLEASE:

Get real coffee mugs or at least have the ACs put out larger paper cups;

and,

provide trays. I'm tired of making six trips to a very overcrowded food station to get my breakfast.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 4:21 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
Get real coffee mugs or at least have the ACs put out larger paper cups;
Plenty of real coffee mugs in the former US clubs

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
provide trays. I'm tired of making six trips to a very overcrowded food station to get my breakfast.
Good grief - a tray? This isnt a cafeteria.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 4:38 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairman's, Hyatt Platinum
I hate those plastic prisons they keep the cookies & brownies in. Open the little plastic door with one hand, while holding a plate in another, while surgically cleaving brownie bites from their mother ship with your third hand.

Come on AC, are we eating too many brownie bites? Let my people go.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 7:33 pm

Programs: AA P-Pro, Chase SP, SPG Gold
The FA today sang a long rhyming jingle instead of a traditional safety demo talk. It took twice as long and people applauded. I'm on AA, not WN.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Connecting gate information... why do we need time to find the map in the American Away magazine? Just give the damn gate info.

And, is it too much to tell new FAs that it is AAdvantage, not A-Advantage or the Canadian Eh-Advantage.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 8:53 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HYT PLT
I want my yogurt covered pretzels back!
Old Dec 5, 2015, 6:11 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
The "pre-cut" bagels at the AC always need to be cut again.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 6:52 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Originally Posted by United747
The "pre-cut" bagels at the AC always need to be cut again.
Ugh, the "bagels" in the AC are not bagels. They are gross, grocery store frozen food section pieces of round bread.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by SFO777
And, is it too much to tell new FAs that it is AAdvantage, not A-Advantage or the Canadian Eh-Advantage.
LOL, I cringe whenever I hear "A-A-dvantage" or sometimes even "A-A-Advantage".
Old Dec 5, 2015, 9:42 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by krlcomm
Ugh, the "bagels" in the AC are not bagels. They are gross, grocery store frozen food section pieces of round bread.
It was pretty gross this morning. I like the cinnamon raisin ones, but all they had was blueberry. I smothered it in jelly which just moderately made it tolerable.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 8:31 am

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for some feedback. I sent a complaint to AA and one follow up with no response. Normally they reply within 24 hours. That was only my 3rd complaint this year. What are my recourse? Is there a different channel or someone I can call to raise my complaint?

Reason for complaint: I was standby on a flight. I got confirmed (the only one to be confirmed. I'm EXP). After I boarded the flight, an agent came and request for me to get off because the plane was too heavy.

My complaint requested $400 voucher for involuntary bump. I didn't even get a reply from AA saying I'm not entitled to anything. I probably would have been satisfied if they said I'm not entitled because of XYZ reason. I've never requested for voucher before. I'm thinking of submitting third following requesting for points instead.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.