Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver

Thread founder Blumie had the following dedicatory post to kick off the original thread in June of 2010 to guide us, so we will take our cues from that to continue this hallowed FT-AA|A tradition. (FT Rules still apply.)

Originally Posted by Blumie
What's FT if not a place to complain about the small stuff? After all, we've seen threads in which people have complained about virtually everything, from the ceiling height at JAX to the font, ink and paper used to print boarding passes. So I thought I'd start what I hope will become the one of the most valuable and important threads in the history of FT, one in which we consolidate all of our complaints about stuff that just doesn't matter and that validates AA's decision not to have an official presence on this board.

I'll go first: I find it really annoying the way the napkins are fanned before being put out at the Admirals Clubs. Is this supposed to make us feel like the place is uber-fancy? Why don't they just forget about the fanning and put out some real napkins instead of the flimsy cocktail napkins they use?
Older posts have been archived, and may be read here.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2023, 12:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by BWISkyGuy
So your complaint is that you got extra lemon bar on one side of your lemon square? 😲 I think some of us would have been excited about the free upgrade to lemon rectangles! 😁
It’s the constant deception by AA that is the issue. AA even sees a rectangle and calls it a square: brazen deceit towards customers!
Antarius likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2023, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA *Alliance
Originally Posted by Antarius
In the JFK Greenwich lounge, there are "Lemon Squares".

They are rectangular.
All squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares.
Old Jul 6, 2023, 1:12 pm
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
So your complaint is that you got extra lemon bar on one side of your lemon square? 😲 I think some of us would have been excited about the free upgrade to lemon rectangles! 😁
No, they've taken some lemon bar from the other side of the square.
Antarius and Cledaybuck like this.
Old Jul 6, 2023, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SWCPHX
All squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares.
Exactly. They cant pass off a rectangle as a square. It should have been called a lemon rectangle and been square shaped!

Originally Posted by S80
likely cut the square into two rectangles.

Perfidy!
thunderdeacon likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2023, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by WeekendTraveler
It’s the constant deception by AA that is the issue. AA even sees a rectangle and calls it a square: brazen deceit towards customers!
They're HMS's signs, but yeah, same difference... AA hires HMS to manage the lemon bar situation, and this is what it's come to.

Originally Posted by S80
I was just waiting to see who would take the glass-half-empty view.
Old Jul 6, 2023, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
I was just waiting to see who would take the glass-half-empty view.
is the glass half empty view because of a lack of PDB?

BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2023, 5:04 pm
Suspended

Hail that comes out of air vents/drama queens about the snack basket

On regional jets, the hail (or small chips of ice) that come out of air vents are annoying.

When the FA comes around with the snack basket or to take drink orders, the people who act as though they’re at Per Se, and ask the FA to explain the entire drink menu and the pros and cons of all of the snacks, are so annoying!

It’s just a bag of junk food and a medium-quality drink. Just say “red wine”, “Scotch” or whatever; don’t expect there to be a vintage 1985 port on the menu and if the port is vintage 1986 instead, don’t get upset!
Old Jul 8, 2023, 6:22 am
Suspended

Deceptive information in standby list

In the standby list in the app, the number of available seats is not necessarily correct.

For example, it will say that 2 seats are available. But the upgrade list will show, for example, 7 seats available.

Often, standbys will be cleared into first class (at least on the flight that I regularly take). So in the example above, 9 seats are available for standbys, not 2.

And often it will show, for example, 2 seats available in the standby list, but 4 standbys will be cleared. So that’s also deceptive.
Old Jul 8, 2023, 6:51 am

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by JAXPax
I love this feature because I make sure I have my old Gold tags on my bag facing just right so everyone who I walk by or who passes by my bag in the bin can see. And a Spirit paper name tag for good measure.
I do that with my Delta “FO” tags. A couple of years ago, someone next to me asked on a D1 Tcon flight how I got upgraded as a silver since the app also shows the seat number. Was diamond at the time, so still shocking that I cleared.
Old Jul 14, 2023, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Just boarded a flight Tpa-Mia. Gate agent blows on the horn “this is a 100% completely full flight meaning every seat will be taken”.

She could have just said “this is a full flight” and be done with it.

Old Jul 15, 2023, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by enviroian
Just boarded a flight Tpa-Mia. Gate agent blows on the horn “this is a 100% completely full flight meaning every seat will be taken”.

She could have just said “this is a full flight” and be done with it.

Right up there with "Last and final boarding call!"

Do these people listen to themselves?
enviroian likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2023, 9:56 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Tried using the AC plug in 4 different F seats —none worked. All the same day.
robertablake likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 10:53 am
Suspended

Selective scolding by FA

On a recent flight, while we were sitting on the plane at the gate before departure, an announcement was made, telling passengers to close window shades to keep the cabin cool. So I closed my window shade.

A FA then raced over, telling me, “that window shade will have to be up for takeoff and landing.” She fussed at me, but not the other passenger next to the window on the other side of the row, who had also lowered the window shade.
thunderdeacon likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 11:21 am

Programs: Choice Hotels
I was in the terminal C admirals club at DFW yesterday. While I was walking around, I saw a sign that said "men's lounge." I was excited, and I was expecting to see some kind of nice leather seating where men could sit around and smoke cigars and talk. However, when I went into the lounge it was just a restroom.
percysmith, cmn.jcs, _kurt and 7 others like this.
Old Jul 19, 2023, 6:55 am
Suspended

CLT carpeting/upgrade seat assignments

The carpeting on the floor of the Charlotte airport is clearly filthy and old. The busy designs don’t conceal that.

When I am upgraded, AA automatically gives me seat 4D. I don’t want 4D, so every time I am upgraded, I have to go to the app and change seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.