Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver

Thread founder Blumie had the following dedicatory post to kick off the original thread in June of 2010 to guide us, so we will take our cues from that to continue this hallowed FT-AA|A tradition. (FT Rules still apply.)

Originally Posted by Blumie
What's FT if not a place to complain about the small stuff? After all, we've seen threads in which people have complained about virtually everything, from the ceiling height at JAX to the font, ink and paper used to print boarding passes. So I thought I'd start what I hope will become the one of the most valuable and important threads in the history of FT, one in which we consolidate all of our complaints about stuff that just doesn't matter and that validates AA's decision not to have an official presence on this board.

I'll go first: I find it really annoying the way the napkins are fanned before being put out at the Admirals Clubs. Is this supposed to make us feel like the place is uber-fancy? Why don't they just forget about the fanning and put out some real napkins instead of the flimsy cocktail napkins they use?
Older posts have been archived, and may be read here.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2023, 5:53 am
Suspended

Same luggage tags as last year

I received my Executive Platinum luggage tag. It’s exactly the same as it was last year. It doesn’t list a date. So people may think that I used to be Executive Platinum but didn’t requalify.
davecraze and meechyathere like this.
Old Sep 17, 2023, 7:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Delta PM
Prosecco Vs. Sparkling Wine

Yesterday, I asked for Sparkling Wine, the FA made a weird face and said you mean Prosecco. I said sure.

Chic Barcelona is sparkling wine.
IggySD, Microwave and becks1 like this.
Old Sep 17, 2023, 11:46 am

I live on one of the flight paths for DCA. The planes are quite loud today and interrupting my Sunday nap. Most inconsiderate of them.
zip10001 and madmanshoney like this.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 11:46 pm

Handed a bag of crisps and it was filled with small smashed pieces.

On a side note, my inbound was delayed into DFW and the gate agent at the connecting flight reopened the door for me after running to the gate. Why didn’t they just leave it open for me?
becks1, MathMusic and madmanshoney like this.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 12:31 am

Programs: PriorityPass, AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Gold
I just discovered my Aadvantage virtual membership card, loadable into Apple Wallet, 5 months after first working up my AA status.
I only found out about it because I was actually getting my Admiral Club digital card loaded into my Apple wallet first.
woo for discovering the many menu options under my profile in the AA mobile app :O
Old Sep 25, 2023, 4:39 pm

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Can we get some consistency in placement of the hand soap versus lotion in the Admirals Club? I mean, can we always have the soap on one specific side?

And maybe some quality control? I accidently squirted lotion in the ORD G Club this weekend. So I wiped it off, then squirted what should have been soap from the other dispenser... and it was lotion too!
zip10001, Check and MrSpicoli like this.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 6:28 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Disregard - posted in the wrong airline

Last edited by DLASflyer; Sep 26, 2023 at 7:22 am
Old Sep 26, 2023, 9:00 am

Food is back to terrible at DCA.
becks1 likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2023, 8:16 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro
So maybe this actually crosses the threshold into a substantive complaint, but what the heck: I've got a reservation for my family of 4 (two small kids) on an RJ. I specifically chose to sit 2 and 2 in consecutive rows, but AA keeps automatically switching our seats into 4 across the same row. I've changed the seats back 5 times now, and every time I look at the app they're changed again.
Old Oct 7, 2023, 7:56 am

The “tiangoli pasta tartufo” J-class menu option that appears to have been around for years is misspelled EVERYWHERE in AA’s system: printed menus, the app, etc. from the beginning to now.

It’s “triangoli.”

They’re triangles.

“Tiangoli” isn’t a word/thing.
IggySD, zip10001 and Check like this.
Old Oct 23, 2023, 5:08 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Usual "upgraded" spread at DCA D club this morning: eggs (omelet type), sage chicken sausage, fresh strawberries, overnight oats, cereals, breakfast pastries etc.

No forks.

Not one to be found.

A fork; a fork; my kingdom for a fork.
Old Oct 23, 2023, 5:09 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by AmericanCaptive
Food is back to terrible at DCA.
You mean they aren't going for great?
ConstellationClass likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2023, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
You mean they aren't going for great?
See, that’s my bad hearing again: I thought it was “late” that they were going for.
cedric likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2023, 3:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Didn't think I'd have anything to add to this thread but here goes

Just arrived at LHR from ORD. Breakfast was smoked salmon and a bagel. There was a ton of lox probably a quarter lb or so but a hard bagel and no cream cheese (not listed in the menu) or capers (listed on menu). Who comes up with the menus?

Otherwise nice flight and crews.
becks1 likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 1:15 pm

Went to AA Flagship First lounge at DFW yesterday.

Was asked “what is your BA status?”

to which I correctly answered “Gold Guest List”

Agent at check-in desk sassed back “no, it’s not. Give me your boarding pass. See, it’s Emerald.”

I just said “okay, thanks”.

But really, please don’t give me attitude, especially when you’re wrong - my BA status is GGL and my OneWorld status is Emerald.

Edit: possibly I’m more annoyed about this than I should be as the LHR-DFW crew in J was so rude and absent until the last 30 mins when I saw them checking pax status and then came over to say “ohhhh, soooo glad to have you fly with us, blahhhh, blahhhh”. Too late, you were awful for 9 hours.
ConstellationClass likes this.

Last edited by becks1; Oct 24, 2023 at 1:23 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.