Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver

Thread founder Blumie had the following dedicatory post to kick off the original thread in June of 2010 to guide us, so we will take our cues from that to continue this hallowed FT-AA|A tradition. (FT Rules still apply.)

Originally Posted by Blumie
What's FT if not a place to complain about the small stuff? After all, we've seen threads in which people have complained about virtually everything, from the ceiling height at JAX to the font, ink and paper used to print boarding passes. So I thought I'd start what I hope will become the one of the most valuable and important threads in the history of FT, one in which we consolidate all of our complaints about stuff that just doesn't matter and that validates AA's decision not to have an official presence on this board.

I'll go first: I find it really annoying the way the napkins are fanned before being put out at the Admirals Clubs. Is this supposed to make us feel like the place is uber-fancy? Why don't they just forget about the fanning and put out some real napkins instead of the flimsy cocktail napkins they use?
Older posts have been archived, and may be read here.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2024, 4:14 pm

Too many almonds in the nuts. 3-4 years ago this was just a sign I don’t love almonds. Now it’s basically almonds plus the occasional cashew and maaaybe a pecan crumb.

A more substantive complaint might be that flights ex-Hawaii anywhere other than DFW don’t receive the aloha mix.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 10:02 am

Programs: Bolt Bus Rewards
The IFE programs on the 321T differ from the offerings on 737's. (I wanted to finish a series but it wasn't on the 321T
Old Jan 15, 2024, 10:07 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by AMflier
The IFE programs on the 321T differ from the offerings on 737's. (I wanted to finish a series but it wasn't on the 321T
There's always a bigger selection when you stream to your own device.

Of course, you can also stream to your own device on the A321T.
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 7:06 pm

Programs: DL, AA
Flew American because Delta doesn’t fly direct/non-stop SNA-PHX.
renila likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
Originally Posted by taxatty56
There has been no ice in the D30 MIA Admirals Club Coca-Cola Freestyle machine whenever I've been there in the last several months.
Still true on January 18.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 6:52 am

Programs: AA(PPro), UA, AGR, BW(Plat), HH, WoH, MB(S)
The B-C Admirals Club at PHL does not have an automatic door at the main C end entrance. You walk up to the door, and nothing happens. You have to manually push it to get it open. The only way to enter or exit the club without having to physically open a door is to use the somewhat stealthy elevator entrance at the B end. But that elevator has the door open on one side at the club level and the on the opposite side at the concourse level. Which is the proper way to face while the elevator is on motion? Very confusing.
CMTinPHL and skviolet98 like this.

Last edited by NovaEngr; Jan 24, 2024 at 6:34 am
Old Jan 19, 2024, 4:25 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PPro
My god I love this thread. Why have I not clicked on it before?
renila likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 5:26 pm

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Originally Posted by Hoi polloi
I still haven't gotten over the discontinuation of American Way (the inflight magazine)...
I'm just at a loss what to do and what to see when I travel since I no longer can rely on American Way to tell me how Doris Roberts would spend 3 perfect days there.
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 10:58 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PPro
The AC at PHX is all out of diet sodas.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 8:29 am

Programs: AA EP

On the A321 first row, there is a little cut out notch in the dividing wall to give your feet 2 extra inches. However it’s only on the A/C side and not in the other side. Never noticed this before. I picked the right side for my extra inches of toe room today. 😂
Old Jan 24, 2024, 9:31 am

Programs: AA
The carts that they use to bus/stock the tables in the Flagship Lounge in LAX all have broken wheels that make a racket.
skviolet98 likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JAXPax
I'm just at a loss what to do and what to see when I travel since I no longer can rely on American Way to tell me how Doris Roberts would spend 3 perfect days there.
I no longer know who the best doctors in America are
Old Jan 24, 2024, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by Antarius
I no longer know who the best doctors in America are
I used to challenge myself to complete the crossword before wheels up. It was something to look forward to on my first flight of the month.

Bring back American Way!
Hoi polloi likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 10:30 am

Programs: AA, Hertz, Hyatt, Hilton
Originally Posted by saunders111
I used to challenge myself to complete the crossword before wheels up. It was something to look forward to on my first flight of the month.

Bring back American Way!
Amen! I mean, surely there are ways they can make it cheaper to produce or more eco-friendly or whatever other problems they thought it had.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 9:36 pm

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
A friend was on the same connecting flight as me today (I was connecting from AS, he was originating) out of PIT and PNRs were linked by res about 12 hours before flight. My upgrade cleared a few days ago at the window. The agent at PIT refused to clear his upgrade without seeing me physically there as well. I arrived off my connection after boarding began, and the agent had already filled up the F cabin, out of order presumably, and said sorry, no seats left. But, only 35 people in coach on the A321 so I told the F/A I was going to sit with my friend in the back where we were the only two people aft of row 25.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.