Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver

Thread founder Blumie had the following dedicatory post to kick off the original thread in June of 2010 to guide us, so we will take our cues from that to continue this hallowed FT-AA|A tradition. (FT Rules still apply.)

Originally Posted by Blumie
What's FT if not a place to complain about the small stuff? After all, we've seen threads in which people have complained about virtually everything, from the ceiling height at JAX to the font, ink and paper used to print boarding passes. So I thought I'd start what I hope will become the one of the most valuable and important threads in the history of FT, one in which we consolidate all of our complaints about stuff that just doesn't matter and that validates AA's decision not to have an official presence on this board.

I'll go first: I find it really annoying the way the napkins are fanned before being put out at the Admirals Clubs. Is this supposed to make us feel like the place is uber-fancy? Why don't they just forget about the fanning and put out some real napkins instead of the flimsy cocktail napkins they use?
Older posts have been archived, and may be read here.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2024, 3:50 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by donotblink
AA stopped putting Olives in the snack baskets. 😔 they were great for on the fly “martinis” and snacking.
Ha! My complaint was that AA puts olives in a snack basket. 😃
KBMIFlyer likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 10:16 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by WannaTheater
Ha! My complaint was that AA puts olives in a snack basket. 😃
In lieu of another snack you prefer?
Old Mar 7, 2024, 1:38 pm

Programs: National - Exec, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Delta - Gold, AA - Plat
OMG YES, LHR seems to have only heat now, including the spring, summer, and fall months. I make it a point to never wear a jacket now.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Under "Rewards" it correctly shows 2 SWU' with expiry date Feb 2 2025.
Today is March 7th 2024
"Expiring Soon"
I mean, I have 11 months to use those SWU's, it's not exactly "Soon".

ZenFlyer and donotblink like this.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 11:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
The escalators at LAX T4 between the main terminal and the Gate 52 shuttle waiting area (and underground tunnel to T5 beyond that) are configured in such a way that one takes the left side escalator to go up or down.

This is incredibly disorienting, especially since the other escalators/moving walkways along the airside journey between terminals are set up to use the one on the right side.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
The nerve of some people

So I’m sitting in 1B on a MSY-DFW flight. The guy in 1A seemed like a nice guy. He offered to put my jacket in the overhead for me, and then offered to lend me his iPhone plug when I discovered that there’s no USB port. But just now I’ve noticed that his book, which he has placed on the center console, is crossing the center line and invading my center console space. And the FA, while dutifully serving pre-departure drinks, is doing nothing about it. I don’t know why I fly this airline anymore.
apeortdz, Antarius, hhdl and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
So I’m sitting in 1B on a MSY-DFW flight. The guy in 1A seemed like a nice guy. He offered to put my jacket in the overhead for me, and then offered to lend me his iPhone plug when I discovered that there’s no USB port. But just now I’ve noticed that his book, which he has placed on the center console, is crossing the center line and invading my center console space. And the FA, while dutifully serving pre-departure drinks, is doing nothing about it. I don’t know why I fly this airline anymore.
Shouldn't this be in the "least substantive" thread?

(Not many people know this, but the OP was the original originator of the "least substantive" threads.)

This is definitely one of my pet peeves, though.

Last edited by vasantn; Mar 13, 2024 at 9:13 am
Old Mar 13, 2024, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vasantn
Shouldn't this be in the "least substantive" thread?

(Not many people know this, but the OP was the original originator of the "least substantive" threads.)

This is definitely one of my pet peeves, though.
Least substantive? HIS BOOK IS ON MY SIDE!!!
AAway, catmndu and stant like this.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Offer to put it in the overhead bin for him.
_kurt, wrp96, Antarius and 3 others like this.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bear96
offer to put it in the overhead bin for him.
👍🏻
Old Mar 13, 2024, 9:51 am

Programs: My opinions are not those of AA or any affiliates of AMR Corp.
The thing that 'grinds my gears' is when I do PDBs, or for that matter, initial beverage service, when I'm trying to place items on the console, like placing the napkin for the glass, pax expect me to just move their books, phones, wires, tablets, etc...however, after finally placing the napkin, the pax just move the napkin before I can finish placing the glass...especially when they've seen me come through and open up the little tray under the console, and as I place the napkins for the glasses on the center console, and before I can place any item, someone will move the napkins and place them in different spots, now making me try to refigure where I'm going to place everything.

I always put the glasses on the console, and the nuts on the pull out center tray. If you want to move everything for YOU, then just wait until I'm done placing everything.

LOL, you can put this into the least substantive pet- peeve thread if you'd like too!
KBMIFlyer, SEA777GUY and hhdl like this.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sluggoaafa
The thing that 'grinds my gears' is when I do PDBs, or for that matter, initial beverage service, when I'm trying to place items on the console, like placing the napkin for the glass, pax expect me to just move their books, phones, wires, tablets, etc...however, after finally placing the napkin, the pax just move the napkin before I can finish placing the glass...especially when they've seen me come through and open up the little tray under the console, and as I place the napkins for the glasses on the center console, and before I can place any item, someone will move the napkins and place them in different spots, now making me try to refigure where I'm going to place everything.

I always put the glasses on the console, and the nuts on the pull out center tray. If you want to move everything for YOU, then just wait until I'm done placing everything.

LOL, you can put this into the least substantive pet- peeve thread if you'd like too!
I greatly appreciate your input. I often experience anxiety when my drink is served. Although I know better than to move the napkin, I often don’t know if the FA is going to place the drink on the napkin or is going to expect me to take it directly from them. I might need to start a new thread on this topic.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 10:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Little known bit of law, negotiated as part of international aviation treaties: the book is now legally yours.

Pick it up and begin reading it.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 10:52 am

Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
Originally Posted by Bear96
Offer to put it in the overhead bin for him.
do you think a hoodlum is going to learn a less from that? 'offer' to open the window and toss it out of the plane.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Hmmmm fly private?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.