Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver

Thread founder Blumie had the following dedicatory post to kick off the original thread in June of 2010 to guide us, so we will take our cues from that to continue this hallowed FT-AA|A tradition. (FT Rules still apply.)

Originally Posted by Blumie
What's FT if not a place to complain about the small stuff? After all, we've seen threads in which people have complained about virtually everything, from the ceiling height at JAX to the font, ink and paper used to print boarding passes. So I thought I'd start what I hope will become the one of the most valuable and important threads in the history of FT, one in which we consolidate all of our complaints about stuff that just doesn't matter and that validates AA's decision not to have an official presence on this board.

I'll go first: I find it really annoying the way the napkins are fanned before being put out at the Admirals Clubs. Is this supposed to make us feel like the place is uber-fancy? Why don't they just forget about the fanning and put out some real napkins instead of the flimsy cocktail napkins they use?
Older posts have been archived, and may be read here.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2024, 6:20 am

Programs: AA EXP
AA sends me emails reminding me to check in hours after I’ve already checked in.
percysmith, apeortdz and MnM24 like this.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 8:58 am

Programs: AAdvantage PPro
Originally Posted by Hoi polloi
Amen! I mean, surely there are ways they can make it cheaper to produce or more eco-friendly or whatever other problems they thought it had.
All they need to do is make it an e-magazine, available with the rest of the in flight entertainment on your device.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 8:21 am

Programs: AA EXP / CK
Trip names

This annoys me to no end - when I go on the AA app or on the AA website and look at my ticketed (or held) trips, it always 'names' the trip by my first connection, not my final destination. For example, if I'm flying LAX-DFW-ATL, it defaults the trip to 'LAX-DFW' not 'LAX-ATL'. I used to be able to change the name of an itinerary but the 'improved' website interface I can't find that option anymore. So, at a glance I have numerous trips 'LAX-DFW' even though I have zero intention of visiting Dallas outside of Terminal D over the coming months...
Old Feb 12, 2024, 9:19 am

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by maat777
This annoys me to no end - when I go on the AA app or on the AA website and look at my ticketed (or held) trips, it always 'names' the trip by my first connection, not my final destination. For example, if I'm flying LAX-DFW-ATL, it defaults the trip to 'LAX-DFW' not 'LAX-ATL'. I used to be able to change the name of an itinerary but the 'improved' website interface I can't find that option anymore. So, at a glance I have numerous trips 'LAX-DFW' even though I have zero intention of visiting Dallas outside of Terminal D over the coming months...
I don't think this is stupid or "least substantive". At the very least, for simple round trip tickets (or simple one way tickets) it should say your starting point and end point, not your connection. I've never understood how anyone in their UAT area would accept this or who would've written requirements to show it this way.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 9:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by maat777
Yeah, agreed that this is not "least substantive" at all. AA really needs to fix this. You used to be able to change the trip name in your AA.com Trips profile and it would update in the AA app, too. Not anymore. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Old Feb 12, 2024, 10:00 am

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by econometrics
Yeah, agreed that this is not "least substantive" at all. AA really needs to fix this. You used to be able to change the trip name in your AA.com Trips profile and it would update in the AA app, too. Not anymore. 🤦🏻‍♂️
They noticed we liked it so they removed it. 😟
Old Feb 12, 2024, 4:25 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by HofstraJet
They noticed we liked it so they removed it. 😟
Instead of just complaining about this on a message board, I contacted AA today suggesting either showing the correct city pair (origin/destination) for a trip or allowing the trip name to be customized in the app. If more and more people do this, maybe something will eventually be done about it.
apeortdz and hhdl like this.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 5:32 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
When you use the lavatory and have to crank your neck to get close enough to the toilet to not to spray across the room.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by safari ari
When you use the lavatory and have to crank your neck to get close enough to the toilet to not to spray across the room.
I usually bend at the lower back which does make it difficult to aim. Come to think about it, have you thought about using the sink instead? /s
catmndu, MnM24 and zip10001 like this.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 8:19 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
When those snooty people up in the front of the plane decide they need to come back and use the Coach bathroom. Just hold will ya!
MnM24 and skviolet98 like this.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 10:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
RT itinerary to TYO display on AA website:

Outbound mid-day departure flight labeled "overnight flight" even though it was flown entirely during daylight.

Inbound flight did not have this "overnight" label, even though it was a late afternoon departure with most of the flight during nighttime.

Lazy IT programming (arrival date not equal to departure date) and/or confounding use of "overnight" as substitute for date change, it would appear.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 12:25 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
The ceilings at LHR T3 are too low
Old Mar 5, 2024, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by coke cans and winglets
I guess this belongs in an AA thread, since the AA lounge at LHR is in T3
Old Mar 5, 2024, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Originally Posted by coke cans and winglets
LHR is overheated. I used to wonder if I had started menopause upon arrival at LHR. Now I know it's just them not me.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 8:43 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
AA stopped putting Olives in the snack baskets. 😔 they were great for on the fly “martinis” and snacking.
BWISkyGuy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.