Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver

Thread founder Blumie had the following dedicatory post to kick off the original thread in June of 2010 to guide us, so we will take our cues from that to continue this hallowed FT-AA|A tradition. (FT Rules still apply.)

Originally Posted by Blumie
What's FT if not a place to complain about the small stuff? After all, we've seen threads in which people have complained about virtually everything, from the ceiling height at JAX to the font, ink and paper used to print boarding passes. So I thought I'd start what I hope will become the one of the most valuable and important threads in the history of FT, one in which we consolidate all of our complaints about stuff that just doesn't matter and that validates AA's decision not to have an official presence on this board.

I'll go first: I find it really annoying the way the napkins are fanned before being put out at the Admirals Clubs. Is this supposed to make us feel like the place is uber-fancy? Why don't they just forget about the fanning and put out some real napkins instead of the flimsy cocktail napkins they use?
Older posts have been archived, and may be read here.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2015, 12:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K
When people in Y use overhead storage in F, after all the F passengers are boarded and there is clearly extra bin space in F.

Last edited by oysterhead43; Jan 1, 2016 at 7:22 am
Old Dec 30, 2015, 1:16 pm

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver
Yes. Like "AAdvantage miles" is becoming "PAArker Pesos".
That has quite a ring to it! Quite an unfortunate ring...
Old Dec 30, 2015, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by zpaul
That has quite a ring to it! Quite an unfortunate ring...
Deep Discount disAAdvantage?
Old Dec 31, 2015, 2:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Almost 2 Weeks

I felt pretty upset that it took AA marketing almost 2 weeks to congratulate me via email for requalifying for EXP for the coming year. It's almost like they don't care!
Old Dec 31, 2015, 6:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I felt pretty upset that it took AA marketing almost 2 weeks to congratulate me via email for requalifying for EXP for the coming year. It's almost like they don't care!
They must like PLATs better. I got my congratulatory e-mail less than a week after requalifying.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 7:15 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Never got any sort of email for requalifying....just my SWU deposits
Old Dec 31, 2015, 1:48 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

My upgrade was confirmed more than 24hrs in advance causing me to rush and select my seat in a completely open cabin. I had to drop everything I was doing to make sure I got the correct seat.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 2:03 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Never got any sort of email for requalifying....just my SWU deposits
My email came about 10 days after my SWU deposits, for a total of about 2 weeks.

On the 30th AA made me take two flights on LUS and the snack basket in F on the one they could confirm me on was worse than the free BoB on the flight where they had to put me on the standby list.

On the plus side AA holding me on a 738 for an extra 90+ minutes (causing the missconnect that put me on LUS) gave me a chance to finally see the last two episodes of Mad Men.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 2:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
The reset of EQM at the beginning of the year is so harsh.. from over 100K to O without a soft landing.. It hurts.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 2:35 am

angle flat J seats.

I complained for about 10 minutes to a buddy of mine. He was just rolling his eyes since he was flying cattle.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I tend to get tepid hot towels more often than not - bums me out majorly!
Old Jan 1, 2016, 11:35 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
The reset of EQM at the beginning of the year is so harsh.. from over 100K to O without a soft landing.. It hurts.
Sit on a soft cushion when looking up your AAdvantage account today. No more soft landings on AA with Mssrs. Parker and Kirby.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 11:40 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I tend to get tepid hot towels more often than not - bums me out majorly!
After considerable study, it appears there are several kinds of o-shibori on AA:

1) squishy wet; sure to drop water on your clothes

2) steaming, scaldingly hot; you will have to be careful and do the "open towel hand to hand toss" to cool

3) cool to tepid; insufficient to serve the purpose

4) a properly heated and moistened towel; these have actually been seen and noted by Flyertalkers.

N.B. AA is not prone to handing out compensatory miles for 1, 2 or 3.

Old Jan 1, 2016, 9:24 pm

Limes, gimme!

Has AA ended its war on limes? I flew earlier this week after a multiple AA delays (who is so stupid that they put hubs in places with known weather related problems? Oh AA...), paid for my drink and not a lime in sight. Quite frankly they could have comped it, and then no limes for my Cuba Libre? WN doesn't have this issue and USAir was happy to oblige even when they were almost 75c each. Clearly AA hates freedom! ;-)
Old Jan 1, 2016, 9:42 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by copperred
Has AA ended its war on limes? I flew earlier this week after a multiple AA delays (who is so stupid that they put hubs in places with known weather related problems? Oh AA...), paid for my drink and not a lime in sight. Quite frankly they could have comped it, and then no limes for my Cuba Libre? WN doesn't have this issue and USAir was happy to oblige even when they were almost 75c each. Clearly AA hates freedom! ;-)
Iirc, my club soda had a lime on the 24th. But then again, "no citrus" tonight on my Eagle flight.

On topic, why do the FIDS always have countdown to boarding when it's never followed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.