Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2015, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
AAdvantage eShoppping by Cartera Commerce
Using, earning miles, problems, etc. (Consolidated thread)

American Airlines is not the contact for Cartera / AAdvantage eShopping .

AAdvantage eShopping FAQs and an e-contact form can be found via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom left corner of the home page.

If you have trouble getting purchases to track, there's also a browser extension to help.

Cartera website: http://www.cartera.com

Cartera Commerce, Inc.
One Cranberry Hill
Lexington, Massachusetts 02421

Tel. (781) 541-6800 Fax: (781) 541-6801

For general inquiries, please contact [email protected] or 888.456.6255
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST (Please do not alter contents following)

This thread is the sole thread to address issues with AAdvantage eShopping (operated by Cartera Commerce). Other queries or complaints will invariably end up merged into this thread. All posts must comply with FlyerTalk Guidelines and Rules / TOS, or may be summarily deleted or edited by moderators.

A related article, highlighting an interview of Cartera Commerce CEO Tom Bercher, is "Secrets of Cartera Commerce Revealed: Inside the Company that Brings You Miles for Online Shopping" by Gary Leff on March 3, 2014. Link.

As described in this thread, AAdvantage Shopping now offers a downloadable button installable on your desktop (not mobile) device to facilitate e-shopping. Link.

Older posts may be read at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...or-consol.html

Notes about Giftcards.com:
  • A separate thread exists for discussing Giftcards.com and likely has more data points than this generic thread.
  • Purchases from giftcards.com earn miles on the first $2,000 spent in the named calendar month, meaning for example between March 1st and March 31st. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • Giftcards.com has had various limits over the years, and it was always by calendar month.
  • Some data points show the $2,000 monthly limit is not always enforced. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • In 2022, larger orders track more slowly, and you may need to wait a full month to see miles. Strong advice from the thread is to make multiple small purchases (say under $300) rather than large ones to avoid the dreaded "manual review"
(Copied from the LP thread wiki): Once you click through the AAdvantage eShopping portal to a vendor offer and make a purchase, you will eventually get the associated miles posted to your AAdvantage account as both redeemable miles and Loyalty Points. If the merchant advertises an increase in the miles per dollar spent, you'll earn the higher amount in both redeemable miles and an equal number of Loyalty Points. The same applies if a merchant advertises a higher fixed amount per purchase, rather than a per dollar amount. Examples of this would appear on the portal as, "Extra miles. Was 1 mile/$. Now earn 3 miles/$" or "Extra miles. Was up to 3700 miles. Now up to 6200 miles." However, if the website advertises a "Limited-time bonus offer" for "bonus miles" after meeting a spending threshold, that bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points. If a bonus is offered for some site-wide activity such as 1000 miles for installing an extension, or 500 miles for enrolling in the portal, or 2000 miles for meeting a spending threshold across multiple merchants, the bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points.

Some anti-virus software silently blocks tracking, and you may want to consider disabling it for your purchase.
Print Wikipost

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2022, 1:11 pm

Via SmilyMiles, I made a Winc wine purchase in December that should have netted me 1k miles + 5k bonus for 6k miles total. I had to chase Simplymiles for the additional 5k, but they eventually added them,

My SimplyMiles account shows two postings for the purchase date (Dec 14) totaling 6k, but now after all of this time, my AAdvantage account only ever received 1k miles.

SimplyMiles is showing the correct 6k miles earned, but AA does not see them. Any idea what to do? Both sides are saying it's the other's issue. Thanks
Old May 7, 2022, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by slice
SimplyMiles is showing the correct 6k miles earned, but AA does not see them. Any idea what to do? Both sides are saying it's the other's issue. Thanks
I have the same issue. SimplyMiles promised to have the missing miles added to my AAdvantage account within 7 business days which have just passed. I just sent them another email.
Old May 8, 2022, 7:20 am

I’ve had a couple miles from the shopping portal be stuck in pending for the past couple days, normally once they go into the pending, they hit my AA the next night. I was expecting to have seen those miles morning, but nothing. Has anyone received miles today? What time do they normally post? Is it normal for a delay after hitting pending?
Old May 8, 2022, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
All miles hit the account in the middle of the night I believe, somewhere between 3-6am EST. I did receive miles from Simplymiles this morining, but I think the AA shopping portal does not post miles on the weekends.
Old May 8, 2022, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by nk15
All miles hit the account in the middle of the night I believe, somewhere between 3-6am EST. I did receive miles from Simplymiles this morining, but I think the AA shopping portal does not post miles on the weekends.
Ahh thanks. Yeah I got my miles for my credit card this morning also, was just curious if there was something else going, also the set of miles I'm waiting on is for a big purchase, so not sure if that played a part. I hope it's just because of the weekend, as I've been waiting a while for the miles to post.
Old May 8, 2022, 12:07 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Originally Posted by tomtaylor23
I’ve had a couple miles from the shopping portal be stuck in pending for the past couple days, normally once they go into the pending, they hit my AA the next night. I was expecting to have seen those miles morning, but nothing. Has anyone received miles today? What time do they normally post? Is it normal for a delay after hitting pending?
I have found that when you get the email from the site - subject: "You have earned miles through AAdvantage eShopping" w/ the vendor and $ amount listed .... that they usually post to AA.com in the next 24 hours, very rarely no more than 48 hours. I get that email around 5:15pm PT every time (must be a system ran email program?) and by the next morning ~6am they are usually posted to AA.

The ledger on eShopping.com with "pending" and "confirmed status on the right can be hit or miss.
Have had pending get to AA.com before they go confirmed.
Have had confirmed transactions take an extra 2 days to show up on AA.com.
Old May 8, 2022, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by jtav559
I have found that when you get the email from the site - subject: "You have earned miles through AAdvantage eShopping" w/ the vendor and $ amount listed .... that they usually post to AA.com in the next 24 hours, very rarely no more than 48 hours. I get that email around 5:15pm PT every time (must be a system ran email program?) and by the next morning ~6am they are usually posted to AA.
Years ago, I got email like that after purchases were confirmed by the merchant, but I haven't gotten one in years. I thought the portal stopped sending them.
Old May 8, 2022, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by anabolism
Years ago, I got email like that after purchases were confirmed by the merchant, but I haven't gotten one in years. I thought the portal stopped sending them.
I've still been getting them.
Old May 8, 2022, 4:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Placed two Lenovo orders back in March, and one to Backcountry. None tracked - but after the 15 days I requested miles and then one Lenovo order tracked. I reached back out on the others and received this response:

"Thank you for your reply, I apologize for the delay in getting back to you.

These merchants have concluded their research on your transactions and have notified us that these orders are not eligible for rewards.

Merchants pay commissions to us and we convert that commission into rewards that we credit to your account. Both merchants (Lenovo and Backcountry) have indicated that commissions for order # XXXXX and order # XXXXX were payable to another party or parties outside of our network"

I have replied back letting them know this is ridiculous - I placed the two Lenovo orders within 4 mins of each other and started back from the portal before the second order. Anyone had this happen and had luck?
Old May 8, 2022, 7:18 pm

If you have an AA Citicard you can stack the Sunbasket food delivery offer with the AA shopping portal and get 3700LP for about $30 and the food is acceptable quality.

Click the link below to activate your discount first

https://online.citi.com/US/ag/merchantoffers
Old May 8, 2022, 8:27 pm

Programs: Alaska, AA, Marriott
Originally Posted by britishcanuck
Merchants pay commissions to us and we convert that commission into rewards that we credit to your account. Both merchants (Lenovo and Backcountry) have indicated that commissions for order # XXXXX and order # XXXXX were payable to another party or parties outside of our network"

I have replied back letting them know this is ridiculous - I placed the two Lenovo orders within 4 mins of each other and started back from the portal before the second order. Anyone had this happen and had luck?
Yes. Different merchants, but I replied with a request for documentation of which other programs were credited. Several days later I received notice they would be crediting to AA.
355F1 and britishcanuck like this.
Old May 9, 2022, 5:05 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyingFromNY
If you have an AA Citicard you can stack the Sunbasket food delivery offer with the AA shopping portal and get 3700LP for about $30 and the food is acceptable quality.

How easy is it to cancel after the first order? Thank you!
Old May 9, 2022, 5:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 141park
How easy is it to cancel after the first order? Thank you!
Very.
Old May 9, 2022, 5:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyingFromNY

Theres a SimplyMiles offer too. Maybe you can triple stack them? I have $20 off $65 on citi, 1000 miles on $65 on SM, and 3700 miles on AA shopping.
Old May 9, 2022, 7:06 am

Still not got my AA miles from Thursday. Was wondering if anyone got any points from the shopping portal this morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.