Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Questions on BankDirect, now Bask Bank (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 8, 2021, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: funnyfarm299
Miles usually post on Bask website on the second business day of the month, to AA a day or 2 later.

Check the "Rewards" section of your Bask dashboard or the Recent Activity section of your AA account.

Current earn rate as of June 2023: 2.5 miles/dollar/year, awarded monthly (no LP's).
Print Wikipost

Questions on BankDirect, now Bask Bank (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2011, 6:08 am

Programs: AA Plat Hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
I am hopeful this situation wont require FDIC!

I sent a message to the client services asking why the miles have not posted. Hopefully they clear this up early next week
I'll take the blame for the delay, I asked them why my refer a friend miles hadn't posted last week and everyday they have sent me an email telling me they are still researching it. They made it sound like they have put the whole bank on this project and neglected everything else like posting everyone else's miles, it probably would have been less expensive for them to just give me the 3,000 miles.

I figured from my past dealings with them that all of the miles were posted manually by some old lady in the bank. Despite their image as a high tech bank they seem way behind the technology of bigger banks to me.
Old Jun 4, 2011, 6:30 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by miahf
I figured from my past dealings with them that all of the miles were posted manually by some old lady in the bank. Despite their image as a high tech bank they seem way behind the technology of bigger banks to me.
lol yes indeed. their web site smacks of wizard of oz. everytime i click on something i imagine some poor old lady in texas typing up the response page!

not that i like citi in any way shape or form but kind of surprised aa don't do a deal with them to run a miles account given their ties
Old Jun 4, 2011, 6:33 am

Whoaaa there Nellie. My BankDirect "Manage Account" screen shows that for Jan 2010, Jan 2011, and April 2011, they processed the miles on the 4th of the month. It usually then takes one more day to hit AAdvantage accounts.

Everyone needs to calm down. The miles will be credited shortly.

Texas Capital Bank has shown up on no problem bank lists. And the FDIC has absolutely nothing to do with guaranteeing interest paid in miles.
Old Jun 4, 2011, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Alfonso XIV
Whoaaa there Nellie. My BankDirect "Manage Account" screen shows that for Jan 2010, Jan 2011, and April 2011, they processed the miles on the 4th of the month. It usually then takes one more day to hit AAdvantage accounts.

Everyone needs to calm down. The miles will be credited shortly.

Texas Capital Bank has shown up on no problem bank lists. And the FDIC has absolutely nothing to do with guaranteeing interest paid in miles.
In each of those three months, the 4th was truly the second business day of the month, due to weekends.

Not so for June 2011 I'm afraid.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 8:58 am

I tried to get sneaky with my DD and I got caught. I can change where my paycheck gets DD to electronically and can change it at any time. The only restriction is it can only go to a max of 10 banks in any one payperiod. it is very flexible and is great for promos that need DD.

I deposited about 60% of my check. Also, I do put 15%+ into my 401K so my net is lower due to that. I got an email that my bonus was denied since the amount deposited was not consistent with the income I listed on the application. DARN, I should have lowered my income on the application.

I have now changed it so 1005 of my pay will go to BD this paycheck. Due to my excessive 401K contribution, I will still probably have to prove it was a complete paycheck.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 9:20 am

Programs: A few
Personally I think BD is the sneaky one not you. Most banks have a min amount (say $250 or $500 a month) to meet DD requirements. I split my own pay check between 401k contributions, savings account, 529 plan, brokerage account and the rest to checking. BD are not in touch with how people manage their money on this point
Old Jun 5, 2011, 1:06 pm

I do not like their requirement of a full DD but I would not call it sneaky. They clearly state a full deposit. I am actually a little impressed that they try to estimate the amount. I even had a very odd number deposited but they called me on it, and they were right.

I still do not like the rules. However, if that is the game they want to play, I will play. They will get the full paycheck, NET of all payroll deductions. No other bank will get anything. If they deny that I will be pi$$ed and will fight them.

Once deposited, I will write myself a check from the BD account.

My name appears on the DD on my BD statement so I will not even try to deposit into my wife's account since they are following the rules to a T. I have been able to do that for Chase and others and it has worked great.

I will be a BD customer until the fall, then I will have received what I wanted and will go my merry way.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 1:54 pm
sk3
Suspended

Programs: AA Gold
I came here because it seemed odd that AA.com isn't showing my BD miles yet - reassuring in a sense to see I'm not alone.

The meager interest posted regularly though, on May 31.....
Old Jun 5, 2011, 5:23 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by josephstern
Wow - I've got some work to do. I've been doing the bill pay, but just one per month. Ouch.
I was also doing this; didn't realize that they had changed the program.
Would be a drag to wait the year, only to find out that none of the bill paying qualified, and you had to start all over again, and wait another year for your miles.

Also, looks like you can set up the bill pay (one time) to pay someone automatically, so for instance, you could pay a utility company $5/month every month for 12 months. Do that for 3 entities and you're done (unless you're planning on moving or whatever.)

Also, the bill pay has to be initiated from BD, not from the merchant, as i was doing.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
Originally Posted by mileshound
I got an email that my bonus was denied since the amount deposited was not consistent with the income I listed on the application. DARN, I should have lowered my income on the application.
This makes no absolutely sense. Multiplying your bi-monthly paycheck times 24 doesn't necessarily result in your income. You could have a job where you're paid a large bonus or profit sharing payout at the end of the year, you could have a second job, you could have investment income, etc. I would have told BD to F off and mind their own business
Old Jun 5, 2011, 11:07 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Jlove
Originally Posted by josephstern
Wow - I've got some work to do. I've been doing the bill pay, but just one per month. Ouch.
I was also doing this; didn't realize that they had changed the program.
Would be a drag to wait the year, only to find out that none of the bill paying qualified, and you had to start all over again, and wait another year for your miles.

Also, looks like you can set up the bill pay (one time) to pay someone automatically, so for instance, you could pay a utility company $5/month every month for 12 months. Do that for 3 entities and you're done (unless you're planning on moving or whatever.)

Also, the bill pay has to be initiated from BD, not from the merchant, as i was doing.
The old bill pay bonus is only 2,000 miles and is one payment a month for 12 months which you can still qualify for. The new bonus is 3 payments for 12 months for 5,000.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 11:46 am

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
Originally Posted by barbh2
Likewise no miles posted for me yet, neither on AA or the BankDirect site. Hopefully Monday.
Still nothing, folks? Nothing here as of just now.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 1:37 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 1MM+ GOLD, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by $1500forGLD
Still nothing, folks? Nothing here as of just now.
Nope Anyone contacted their customer support yet? I'm going to do so now.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 1:43 pm

Wait for Tuesday.

I've had BankDirect for several years and don't recall getting miles on a Mon. They usually post on Tue or Wed.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by garimell
Nope Anyone contacted their customer support yet? I'm going to do so now.
On MilePoint, there's info that this should happen tonight, from BankDirect themselves.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.