Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2009 AAdvantage status renewal / requalification questions / issues (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2009 AAdvantage status renewal / requalification questions / issues (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2008, 6:52 am

Programs: AA L/T Gold
Originally Posted by ihdihd
Is this a joke answer? Is there really a new open source up-status program with such stats?
I guess there is a 50% chance of that!!!!!
Old Dec 18, 2008, 8:56 am

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by wolberine
...just a little nervous that by upgrading I might not earn AA miles...
I don't understand why you would not earn AA miles (that you would otherwise earn) due to upgrading. Could you please explain?
Old Dec 18, 2008, 9:27 am
Suspended

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by oklAAhoma
I don't understand why you would not earn AA miles (that you would otherwise earn) due to upgrading. Could you please explain?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...=#post10753516
Old Dec 18, 2008, 11:32 pm

EXP exceptions? - 234 miles away from 100K

Even after a mileage run, I will be 234 miles from reaching EXP this year. I heard there are exceptions, but should I risk it?

Of course, when I call AA EXP Desk they say they can't guarantee.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by tonytifao
Even after a mileage run, I will be 234 miles from reaching EXP this year. I heard there are exceptions, but should I risk it?

Of course, when I call AA EXP Desk they say they can't guarantee.
Why risk it over 234 miles?
Old Dec 18, 2008, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
The best we can tell you is that AA probably will make an exception for you. Only you can decide, though, if it's worth the risk. I would not risk it.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 12:02 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM; LH FT (*A Silver); Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite; Starwood Corporate Preferred
Agreed. The flight options for a 234 mile trip are huge and could probably be done in under a couple hours (I am thinking an Eagle trip). And the fare is probably pretty reasonable. Just depends where you are flying from.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
You've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, tonytifao?
Old Dec 19, 2008, 2:12 am

Programs: AA EXP (1MM), Marriott Platinum
Personally, I wouldn't risk it.

Last week I was 419 miles away from hitting 100K for the year; therefore, I booked a ticket from COS to DFW and back. It cost me $225 and my Saturday morning, but it pushed me over and I get to enjoy EXP for another year.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 4:36 am

Programs: AA LTPLT UA1P Hilton Dia Marriott Plat
I wish I was 234 miles short. I'm 5700 miles short for EXP due to not making BKK (airport takeover) over Thanksgiving. I sat at NRT for 3 days waiting for it to clear and never did. I doubt AA will comp it. Time is tight and tickets are expensive. What to do ............

Last edited by mach92; Dec 19, 2008 at 4:44 am
Old Dec 19, 2008, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by mach92
I wish I was 234 miles short. I'm 5700 miles short for EXP due to not making BKK (airport takeover) over Thanksgiving. I sat at NRT for 3 days waiting for it to clear and never did. I doubt AA will comp it. Time is tight and tickets are expensive. What to do ............
If it was irregular operation, you can ask AA to do a original routing credit (ORC) and get the mileage you intended to get, especially if it means requalifying. Although, you should have done that regardless.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by vrbaba
If it was irregular operation, you can ask AA to do a original routing credit (ORC) and get the mileage you intended to get, especially if it means requalifying. Although, you should have done that regardless.
I was unaware you could do that.

Called AA CS and it's all taken care of WHEW!

I love FT!

Thank you!!!!

Last edited by mach92; Dec 19, 2008 at 9:41 am
Old Dec 19, 2008, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by mach92
I was unaware you could do that.

Thank you
You can try the Irreg Ops plea - but I'm not sure that in your case it will work. Numerous posts indicate that ORC is getting harder to receive. Also, you trip falls into the "trip in vain" category rather than say, a mechanical cancellation that placed you on another carrier to your intended destination.

Again, it is certainly worth a try - but may require a couple of calls to get a cooperative agent.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by bdemaria
You can try the Irreg Ops plea - but I'm not sure that in your case it will work. Numerous posts indicate that ORC is getting harder to receive. Also, you trip falls into the "trip in vain" category rather than say, a mechanical cancellation that placed you on another carrier to your intended destination.

Again, it is certainly worth a try - but may require a couple of calls to get a cooperative agent.
It only took the one phone call. They were very understanding. NRT-BKK-NRT full credit!

Thanks for the information.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 1:59 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, AA 2MM, Marriott Gold
Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.

okay, maybe AA isn't really sAAint Nick, but this was a good thing, worthy of some praise.

enjoy EXP (again). I know I'm enjoying it and haven't received the little black card yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.