Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Promo / Discount Code / Codes requests and/or offers (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 21, 2013, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

Please note that at this time there is no current (2013) Promo Code thread. We apologize for the possible inconvenience, but we can no longer support such a thread for various reasons.

Thank you for your interest; Google is your friend.

/American AAdvantage Forum Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

Promo / Discount Code / Codes requests and/or offers (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2011, 6:27 pm

You are amazing, InsipidMonkey!
Old Feb 28, 2011, 11:54 pm

Programs: Platinum AA
Successful receiving discount to TPA.

Thank you, InsipidMonkey, for sharing your info with the FT community. Seriously, this list is great! Very nice of you to take the time to do this for the forum. Safe Travels!
Old Mar 2, 2011, 10:34 pm

Thank you ! InsipidMonkey for posting the codes so diligently everytime. I used one on an upcoming flight to DFW. Saved a couple of bucks with it :-)

In case you are still looking for eVIPs, it might be worth your time to look at Craigslist. I know sale of eVIPs is not allowed by American but I have seen a lot of people trying to dispose their eVIPs on CL.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 10:39 pm

Programs: AA 1.5 MM Exec Plat, WN A-List, DL Silver, UA nonrev
Originally Posted by silvermaple
Thank you ! InsipidMonkey for posting the codes so diligently everytime. I used one on an upcoming flight to DFW. Saved a couple of bucks with it :-)

In case you are still looking for eVIPs, it might be worth your time to look at Craigslist. I know sale of eVIPs is not allowed by American but I have seen a lot of people trying to dispose their eVIPs on CL.
I'm not sure how much that would be worth, since last year's unused SWUs (nee eVIPs) expired on 02/28. If they are current SWUs, I would still highly caution anyone against dealing with someone attempting to sell them on Craigslist.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 10:31 am

Not sure if im doing this right. Trying to book DUB to TUL 21/5 to 2/6 via ORD and code 2151BR isnt working.

Am i thick?
Old Mar 4, 2011, 10:43 am

Programs: AA 1.5 MM Exec Plat, WN A-List, DL Silver, UA nonrev
Originally Posted by acquiescefc
Not sure if im doing this right. Trying to book DUB to TUL 21/5 to 2/6 via ORD and code 2151BR isnt working.

Am i thick?
The code you referenced is "All airports to ORD" By adding in TUL, it disqualifies the promo code.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by miamigrad
The code you referenced is "All airports to ORD" By adding in TUL, it disqualifies the promo code.
Ah ok, so it wont work unless a do a round trip to ORD and then another ticket from ORD to TUL (maybe)
Old Mar 4, 2011, 6:01 pm

Programs: National EE, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by acquiescefc

Am i thick?
Are you stopping over in ORD? If not, PM me. I might be able to help you out.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 8:20 pm

Thank you so much!
Old Mar 4, 2011, 8:36 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Big Dawg 44
Thank you so much!
Welcome to FlyerTalk and the AA forum, Big Dawg 44! Thanks for registering and posting your "thanks" within this thread. Hope you'll stick around - lots more to see and learn around here! ^
Old Mar 7, 2011, 10:39 am

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, HHonors GLD, & Others
Thumbs up Saved $20, booked AA instead of another carrier

Thanks for the help, InsipidMonkey. I saved $20+ and booked with AA instead of UA with code 8531BX.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 12:03 pm

Hey InsipidMonkey,

Thanks for posting all those codes! Any idea when there might be codes for flights through September?
Old Mar 11, 2011, 1:45 pm

Thank You

I saved 50 bucks because of you guys. thanks once again.

Originally Posted by InsipidMonkey
I was trying to come up with a way of limiting access to FTers. qbrain offered assistance setting up a site with a script that would check the HTTP-refer field for flyertalk.com, and we would put a link to the site in CC. I will look into the Google Docs idea also, there might be a simpler way to do access control through that. Thanks for the suggestion, and if anyone else has any ideas I'd be glad to hear them.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 2:15 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by tsatish
I saved 50 bucks because of you guys. thanks once again.
Welcome to FlyerTalk and the AA forum, tsatish!
Old Mar 11, 2011, 4:18 pm

Thanks. I have always been a silent watcher of all these forums. Finally registerd
Originally Posted by JY1024
Welcome to FlyerTalk and the AA forum, tsatish!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.