Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Promo / Discount Code / Codes requests and/or offers (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 21, 2013, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

Please note that at this time there is no current (2013) Promo Code thread. We apologize for the possible inconvenience, but we can no longer support such a thread for various reasons.

Thank you for your interest; Google is your friend.

/American AAdvantage Forum Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

Promo / Discount Code / Codes requests and/or offers (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2010, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA, AA
The 20% coupons are targeted, meaning that they are not generic, as reported in the thread about AA removing listings from Orbitz. So double check your e-mail accounts and junk folders. It looks like they went to people who recently booked AA travel through Orbitz.

Originally Posted by Bowgie
Bwcause I recently booked an AA flight on Orbitz, AA was kind enough to send me a 20% off my next AA flight coupon provided I book it on AA.com

This offer is targeted with a unique promotion code for only me. So if you did not get one, sorry about that....

AA is trying to throw a little cash around to retain its customers who had been booking thru Orbitz.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 11:33 am

Programs: AAdvantage
Any AA discount codes out there right now?

Booking my wife and I on a Mediterranean cruise in Sept 11. Into MXP and out of FCO. Any discount codes available?

Thanks,

TexasPastor
Old Jan 1, 2011, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by TexasPastor
Booking my wife and I on a Mediterranean cruise in Sept 11. Into MXP and out of FCO. Any discount codes available?

Thanks,

TexasPastor
If there were, they would be in the code thread.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 8:10 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Your post has been moved to the currently open, active thread regarding promotional codes. This works pretty well with the FlyerTalk Rules (TOS) asking us to search first and not start new threads on a topic (keeping as few threads as possible on a topic makes it easier for members to find information). <link>

Also be sure to check the aa.com pages on offers and sales - click on Travekl Deals from the first page for those. /Moderator

Originally Posted by TexasPastor

Thanks,

TexasPastor
Old Jan 1, 2011, 9:24 pm

Hey guys,

I'm flying out from O'Hare back to school in Boston Monday for the first time on American.

Does anyone have a Gogo code? I've never been fortunate enough to be on a WiFi equipped flight, but it looks like I'll be lucky this time!

Thanks!
Old Jan 7, 2011, 2:48 pm

Am in the process of buying 2 J tickets JFK-BCN, anyone have coupons?

Hi folks, in the process of buying 2 J tickets for JFK-BCN. I missed out on those coupon deals.

Wanted to know if there is anywhere I can sign up to get these 10% coupon codes.

Looking to fly Feb 16-21 or feb 17-22.

Thanks all.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 12:07 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Take it those weren't free?
Old Jan 9, 2011, 11:25 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Are there any 10% or more coupons out there now? I think all the Expedia and Orbitz ones expired.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 5:04 am

Programs: AA Plat 1MM, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Ambassador Platinum
Does anyone know what the Entertainment book AA discount is? In previous years, there was a 5-10% off code. But a google search is showing that it might just be $10 off for the 2011 book?

Combined with cash back, I can get 35% back on the book (per cashreporter.com) Might still not be worth it if it's only $10.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 8:50 am

Programs: AA 1.5 MM Exec Plat, WN A-List, DL Silver, UA nonrev
Originally Posted by mecca138
Does anyone know what the Entertainment book AA discount is? In previous years, there was a 5-10% off code. But a google search is showing that it might just be $10 off for the 2011 book?

Combined with cash back, I can get 35% back on the book (per cashreporter.com) Might still not be worth it if it's only $10.
For each book, you get (1) $10 off discount and (1) $20 off discount (an additional $10 discount and $20 discount once you register your card):
- Discount may be used for up to six passengers on a single purchase.
- Discount applies to any published fare of $100USD.
- Travel must be booked on AA.com.
- Discount does not apply to previous reservations placed on hold or purchased.
- AA promotion codes cannot be reissued or replaced.
- You must be a registered member at Entertainment.com to take advantage of this special offer.
- You will receive one code per membership.

Discount only applies to off-peak travel dates listed below**.

**Use discount codes for travel during the following off-peak travel dates:

2011: January 4 - February 17; February 22 - March 10; March 28 - April 21; April 26 - June 16; August 2 - November 17; November 29 - December 15.

EDITED TO ADD:
The Entertainment book also affords the member a discount of 5% off vacations booked on AAvacations.com
http://www.aavacations.com/avterms.asp

Last edited by miamigrad; Jan 14, 2011 at 8:41 am Reason: Provide details about extra discounts upon registration of card
Old Jan 12, 2011, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by mecca138

I have the LA book, and I have two coupons: $10 off use by 12/15/11 and $20 off use by 12/15/11.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA Plat 1MM, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Ambassador Platinum
Thanks miamigrad and FlyMeToTheLooneyBin! Sounds like it's worth it to get just for the additional coupons.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 5:00 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
If anyone has an extra code usable for a domestic RT in early March, would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 7:28 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Mrs. Microwave and I are headed on holiday in late March--if anyone has a discount code to help us cut down that fare, your PM would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 8:50 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
We are in the same boat. AA fares are about 40% above the lowest from other majors. I desperately need some discount to remain loyal to AA. Any help, pm appreciated. March travel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.