Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Admirals Club Treasure Hunt (drink chit / chits / coupons, etc.)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 28, 2012, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

These are archived "Admirals Club Treasure Hunt" posts. The current thread is here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation/1641953-admirals-club-treasure-hunt-drink-chit-chits-coupons-etc-master-thread-2015-a.html

● American AAdvantage Forum Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Admirals Club Treasure Hunt (drink chit / chits / coupons, etc.)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2007, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
[QUOTE=simongr;7340125The thing is - what is to stop me repeatedly asking for more chits and simply depositing them around the AC - other than the dragon refusing to contiue to supply me?[/QUOTE]

Really, the only things are ethics and morals... which changes from person to person.

(BTW - Most of the staff at LAX are AAngels in my book... "dragon" should really only be used for the worst offenders, IMO).
Old Mar 4, 2007, 10:14 pm

Programs: AA PLT-Lite. UA Recovering 1k, HH Silver
Originally Posted by IceTrojan
Most of the staff at LAX are AAngels in my book... "dragon" should really only be used for the worst offenders, IMO.
Amen to that IceTrojan. I first saw 'dragon' used here to describe the people who emplyed by BA for the apparent express purpose of keeping AA Plats out of Terraces... nothing at all like the AAngels at LAX who, just tonight: Fixed a computer fowl up whereby I was upgraded and my four year old daughter wasn't, entertained same daughter for the duration (not easy since she started her morning in England) and called down to the gate to see if they were really boarding a delayed flight not just 'monitor' boarding it.

If the RCC ever treated me like that, ever, I would have had one less reason to leave UA. I know I've mentioned it before, but the AC AAngels remind me a whole lot more of the wonderful folks who used to staff my beloved 1K rooms than they do of anyone I've ever seen behind an RCC desk...
Old Mar 5, 2007, 8:53 am
jsm

Location: Northridge, CA, - AA EXP 3 MM , Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz PC, Lots of other programs and points
DFW - AC Terminal D
10/5 - 9:50am
Drink Coupon under computer keyboard. If you are standing at the bar it is the one on the left facing the runway (it says CC5 on the back of the monitor).

Have a great day!
Old Mar 9, 2007, 5:23 am

Programs: AA 2.88 MM-EXPlat, HHDiamond, SPG & Marriott Silver
MIA Terminal A March 9

In the magazine rack, in the Quiet Area.
inside the Latin Finance mag - the last one in the stack.

2 drink chits for March 9th

Enjoy!
Old Mar 12, 2007, 11:05 am

Programs: AA EXP - 2.2 MM, Admirals Club, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Avis Presidents, National Exec
Austin AC: Free Drink Coupon Hidden

As you walk in, go down the long section that is closest to the terminal. Find the third to last lamp on the left side. Underneath it you'll find one drink coupon good for 03/12/2007. I may put a second one under there before I leave.

Diagram of hallway:

TERMINAL ON THIS SIDE
---------------------------------------------------- WALL/WINDOWS

O O X O O |Pole | Main area w/ magazines
---------------------------------------------------- WALL

The lamp with the 'X' is the lame in question
Old Mar 12, 2007, 11:44 am

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
You are now in Austin ...

Are you flying to DFW / MIA / ORD / RDU / BOS or some other airport to connect with the international flight?

When you get there and post another Hidden Coupon offer .. you might want to use the consolidated Treasure Hunt for Drink Coupon thread that the moderators try and keep all together in one place.

That way we don't have AUS and DFW and MIA threads popping up all the time.

-------------------

DARN those mods are fast today!
Old Mar 12, 2007, 2:05 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, National Executive
Two Drink Chits In Terminal D Ac Club Dfw

There are two drink chits under the black phone right behind the Lenovo display. Walk out of the elevator and take a right and then a quick left and they will be under the black phone between the red and black chairs. Enjoy!
Old Mar 13, 2007, 1:55 am

Programs: AA EXP - 2.2 MM, Admirals Club, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Avis Presidents, National Exec
Originally Posted by JGR01
You are now in Austin ...

Are you flying to DFW / MIA / ORD / RDU / BOS or some other airport to connect with the international flight?

When you get there and post another Hidden Coupon offer .. you might want to use the consolidated Treasure Hunt for Drink Coupon thread that the moderators try and keep all together in one place.

That way we don't have AUS and DFW and MIA threads popping up all the time.

-------------------

DARN those mods are fast today!
Looks like they moved it. I flew AUS-DFW DFW-FRA. Did anyone find it?
Old Mar 13, 2007, 3:31 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
Originally Posted by nomore1k
Amen to that IceTrojan. I first saw 'dragon' used here to describe the people who emplyed by BA for the apparent express purpose of keeping AA Plats out of Terraces... nothing at all like the AAngels at LAX
Apologies guys - wasn't implying anythng that severe regarding the AAngels. When I first saw dragon referenced about lounge entrace guardians I did not make the connection that they were there to block entrance. I was more thinking of simply a watchful person (too many fantasy books read in my life thus I don't associate dragons as bad things) - I wsan't thinking of the archetypal mother-in-law type dragons.

It will be my first experience of AAngels this weekend as I will be asking them to rejig my itinerary when I land in LAX on Saturday. I hope my experience of them is as good as everyone else reports

S
Old Mar 26, 2007, 9:21 am

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Exclamation DFW "D" AC - $10 meal voucher valid on March 26 ONLY

On my way to board so no time to find the 'original' thread.

Find the AA meal voucher- good for $10 on 3/26/07 only. In the DFW Terminal D AC... go upstairs, turn left when coming off the elevator, and go into the luggage room. Above the coat rack you will find a cert good in the club and the food court... hope someone gets to this today.

(Ah, but we can move posts now, so bon voyage and merci... JDiver)
Old Mar 26, 2007, 10:39 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
"Chit" is a word widely used in the Anglophone world to describe a scrap of paper, ticket, etc. good for a debt, drink, meal, etc. when returned; a word the British took home from "Inja," much as we inherited "boondocks" from the Tagalog via Americans who served in the Philippines.

" 1) A small note on a piece of paper indicating a debt owned, an I.O.U. From Hindi chitthi." (urbandictionary.com)

And as frequent fliers, we all know "chits happen."

Originally Posted by cynicAAl
Can someone please tell me what a "chit" is ? I understand we're talking about the free drink coupons given out at the AC, but why is everyone calling them a "chit" instead of a drink ticket or coupon ? I've never heard of a chit before.

Apparently, the rock I've been living under has shielded me from this term until now.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 10:42 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Announcement

In moving a post from another thread, somehow the machinations that be turned this into a closed poll? Sorry for any confusion (other than mine!) I will attempt to remedy this with FT Admin.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 3:20 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Thanks for the move, Jose. I'm willing to bet if I go back and look that this thread is in the sticky....

Also a bump for anyone in the AC at DFW D terminal... See my previous post....
Old Apr 5, 2007, 2:24 pm

Location: Woodbridge, NJ, USA/ Swords, Co Dublin, IE/London, UK
Programs: AA Plat Pro
2 chits ORD PeeCee Area Desk 2 in the sandwich holder

as it says... enjoy...

My daughter gets free sodas so I guess someone might want a beer or two!^
Old Jun 11, 2007, 6:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3mm, Hertz Presidents Circle, Marriott Lifetime Gold
JFK AC drink chit hunt.

(sorry all, I searched for Scavenger Hunt, and Admirals Club hunt, and couldn't find the thread. bump as you see appropriate)

1 drink chit, underneath the copy machine at the full service AC (term 9) in JFK. peeking out under the load letter tray.

Enjoy!

-ethan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.