Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 22, 2014, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Microwave
MODERATOR NOTE: Please follow KVS and ask questions pertinent to KVS Tool in the new Travel Tools Forum.
Travel Tools Forum is now the place for discussion of all travel tools used by FlyerTalkers.

~AA Moderator Team

N.B. An obsolete archived thread also exists here: Obsolete KVS availability tool archival thread

We thank KVS for providing support to this Forum.
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: KVS Availability Tool - AA & AADV

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2011, 2:10 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Arrow

Originally Posted by nologic
How come when I check for OneWorld Award availability for 2 days from now, I get "Date is too close" error message?
It's a limitation of the [Awards/OneWorld] engine. Please try your search using the new [Awards/BA-OneWorld] Method instead.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by KVS
It's a limitation of the [Awards/OneWorld] engine. Please try your search using the new [Awards/BA-OneWorld] Method instead.
Thanks...a little correction, it wouldn't take my BAEC account number and PIN but would take my Web login username and PIN.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 8:06 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Question

Originally Posted by nologic
Thanks...a little correction, it wouldn't take my BAEC account number and PIN but would take my Web login username and PIN.
Are you sure you were using the latest version and have entered your Card Number/PIN correctly in the [Settings] tab?
Old Sep 1, 2011, 4:14 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Arrow CX Award Availability

Following the recent introduction of the new [Awards/JL-OneWorld] Method in the KVS Tool V6.5.0, its Award Availability data for Cathay Pacific should be considered to be most authoritative for the purposes of partner (incl. AADV) redemptions on CX:

http://Help.KVSTool.com/#AwardUpgradeClasses_OneWorld
Old Nov 3, 2011, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Dear KVS,
Just as a disclaimer, while I'm a very frequent traveler, I'm not an expert based on this forum's standards, so a lot of the information on the FAQ's are above my head.

I downloaded this program in order to check availability for using AA miles on BA flights. It took awhile to figure out, but I have been successful in that aspect. So definitely money well spent.

I do have a couple of issues I hope you can help me with.
1) I have to enter the registration number every time I open the application
2) I have to enter my Qantas credentials every time I access the application (even though I click the "save" box every time)

Are these issues above normal? and/or are they related to this third issue below?
3) When I close the application I get this message:
"Unable to Write to File: C:/Program Files/KVS Availability Tool/RegV2.dat [75] Path/File access error"
When I click "OK" the application closes

Also, I'm trying to figure out what else I can use this application for, now that it's served its purpose for the vacation on BA. Is there a way to see how many upgrade seats are available (on AA flights)? This would be the only other reason I could see using this application. Again, this is probably covered earlier in the thread or the FAQ, but those codes and stuff are just over my head

Thank you for your time!
Old Nov 3, 2011, 9:33 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Arrow

Originally Posted by AAway
Dear KVS,
Just as a disclaimer, while I'm a very frequent traveler, I'm not an expert based on this forum's standards, so a lot of the information on the FAQ's are above my head.

I downloaded this program in order to check availability for using AA miles on BA flights. It took awhile to figure out, but I have been successful in that aspect. So definitely money well spent.
Welcome to the KVS Tool, AAway!

I do have a couple of issues I hope you can help me with.
1) I have to enter the registration number every time I open the application
2) I have to enter my Qantas credentials every time I access the application (even though I click the "save" box every time)

Are these issues above normal? and/or are they related to this third issue below?
3) When I close the application I get this message:
"Unable to Write to File: C:/Program Files/KVS Availability Tool/RegV2.dat [75] Path/File access error"
When I click "OK" the application closes
All of these 3 issues are caused by incorrect installation -- please see http://Errors.KVSTool.com/ for a solution.

Also, I'm trying to figure out what else I can use this application for, now that it's served its purpose for the vacation on BA. Is there a way to see how many upgrade seats are available (on AA flights)? This would be the only other reason I could see using this application. Again, this is probably covered earlier in the thread or the FAQ, but those codes and stuff are just over my head

Thank you for your time!
Unfortunately, AA Upgrade Availability is one of the [very few] things that the KVS Tool currently does not support. For a complete listing of supported Award/Upgrade Booking Classes, please see http://Help.KVSTool.com/#Classes
Old Nov 6, 2011, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
I have a problem interpreting J award availbility from SCL to SYD for Oct 1 (this is an example only):
[KVS Availability Tool 6.7.0/Diamond - Amadeus: Awards/OneWorld/AU-QFA-SP1]
Code:
SCL  Santiago De Chile Arturo Merino Benitez CL [SCEL]
SYD  Sydney Kingsford Smith NS AU [YSSY]
MON  01 Oct 2012 | 1 Seat

Carrier    Flight  From  Depart    To    Arrive    A/C  St  Availability
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  -------------
QF         28      SCL   13:35     SYD   17:55 +1           CS+  WS+  YS+
QF/LA      322     SCL   23:20     SYD   07:40 +2           CS+  WS-  YS-
It shows availability on both th QF28 and LA(QF codeshare).
When I call AA they can only see the QF28 availability.
Why does the QF codeshare 322 also show availability when there is none?
Thanks
Old Nov 6, 2011, 7:25 pm
Suspended

You can't book a QF codeshare on an LA-operated flight.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by Austinrunner
You can't book a QF codeshare on an LA-operated flight.
OK - but what is the significance of CS+ if you cannot book it as a QF or LA award (with AA miles)? What does that CS+ really mean in terms of awards?
Does that mean that only LA FFs can book it?
Old Nov 6, 2011, 8:13 pm
Suspended

You misunderstood me. You can book an LA flight number on an LA-operated flight. You can book a QF flight number on a QF-operated flight. You cannot book a QF flight number on an LA-operated flight. And you cannot book an LA flight number on a QF-operated flight.

You'll have to ask KVS what its tool means. I'm just telling you what the AA policy is for AA mileage redemptions on AA partners. If there's a conflict between KVS and AA policy, guess which prevails.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 8:25 pm

You misunderstood me. You can book an LA flight number on an LA-operated flight. You can book a QF flight number on a QF-operated flight. You cannot book a QF flight number on an LA-operated flight. And you cannot book an LA flight number on a QF-operated flight.
I don't care so much who operates the flight and who is the code share.
I want to book a J award and I don't understand why it shows CS+ when you cannot book an award withh AA miles on an LA flight.
They both show availability but you can book only the QF flight, why not the LA flight? Obviously, both QF and LA are OW partners, so what's the difference?
Maybe KVS will post and explain this
Yes - I do know who wins if there is a conflict - it's not me nor is it KVS

Last edited by Paulchili; Nov 6, 2011 at 8:33 pm
Old Nov 6, 2011, 8:29 pm
Suspended

You still don't understand. Are you familiar with the "codeshare" concept? That's where an airline, like QF, sells seats on a flight operated by another airline, like LA. When that happens, the marketing airline (QF in this example) puts its own flight number on the flight. LA (in this example) also has its own flight number on the same flight.

AA does not allow mileage redemptions on codeshares (with one exception not applicable here). You can use AA miles to book an LA flight number on an LA-operated flight. But you cannot use AA miles to book a QF flight number on an LA-operated flight.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 8:36 pm

You still don't understand. Are you familiar with the "codeshare" concept? That's where an airline, like QF, sells seats on a flight operated by another airline, like LA. When that happens, the marketing airline (QF in this example) puts its own flight number on the flight. LA (in this example) also has its own flight number on the same flight.

AA does not allow mileage redemptions on codeshares (with one exception not applicable here). You can use AA miles to book an LA flight number on an LA-operated flight. But you cannot use AA miles to book a QF flight number on an LA-operated flight.
OK - so, if I understand you correctly, for there to be availability to book with LA, it would have to show up under LA availability and not QF?
Is this the problem? But still, what is the significance of CS+ on that LA operated/QF codeshare flight - who is that award available for?
I don't think KVS supports LA availability per se.

Last edited by Paulchili; Nov 6, 2011 at 8:45 pm
Old Nov 6, 2011, 8:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Paulchili
OK - so, if I understand you correctly, for there to be availability to book with LA, it would have to show up under LA availability and not QF?
That is exactly right.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 8:47 pm

That is exactly right.
Thank you - I will await KVS' explanation of the CS+ on that flight.
I have, obviously, much to learn.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.