Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 22, 2014, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Microwave
MODERATOR NOTE: Please follow KVS and ask questions pertinent to KVS Tool in the new Travel Tools Forum.
Travel Tools Forum is now the place for discussion of all travel tools used by FlyerTalkers.

~AA Moderator Team

N.B. An obsolete archived thread also exists here: Obsolete KVS availability tool archival thread

We thank KVS for providing support to this Forum.
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: KVS Availability Tool - AA & AADV

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2010, 7:43 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Arrow

Top post update:

For help in deciphering AA operational flight info (available via Track: WSpan in the KVS Tool), please refer to FlyerGuide.com/wiki/index.php/Flight_Information-FLIFO_(AA) (Wiki article courtesy of hillrider)
Old Apr 5, 2010, 8:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by KVS
intended for discussion and support on AA and AAdvantage-specific issues.

AAdvantage Partner Award Availability:

Virtually all OneWorld partners are also supported (incl. BA/QF/CX/IB/LA/AY/MA)
So will I be able to see CX and QF biz and F class awards? It appears so based on the above but I wanted to make sure that is what you are saying?

Also, add me to the list where if C inventory was shown, this is where I'd get the most use and consider using KVS

oops forgot, does KVS cover JAL Biz and F awards?
Old Apr 5, 2010, 8:46 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Arrow

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
So will I be able to see CX and QF biz and F class awards? It appears so based on the above but I wanted to make sure that is what you are saying?
Yes and yes.

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Also, add me to the list where if C inventory was shown, this is where I'd get the most use and consider using KVS

oops forgot, does KVS cover JAL Biz and F awards?
Please see http://Help.KVSTool.com/#AwardUpgradeClasses_OneWorld for details.
Old Jul 4, 2010, 2:42 pm

Programs: PLAT -- 2.7Million
Originally Posted by KVS
Yes and yes.

Please see http://Help.KVSTool.com/#AwardUpgradeClasses_OneWorld for details.
how can I access Galileo via my KVS software so that I can view JL awards, please? It is not an option under "Method".
Old Jul 4, 2010, 5:03 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by AAJetMan
how can I access Galileo via my KVS software so that I can view JL awards, please? It is not an option under "Method".
The [Galileo: ETR] Method is accessible via the [Availability] tab in the KVS Tool.
Old Jul 4, 2010, 5:17 pm

Programs: PLAT -- 2.7Million
Originally Posted by KVS
The [Galileo: ETR] Method is accessible via the [Availability] tab in the KVS Tool.
Awesome!
Thank you for the quick response and wonderful tool!
Old Aug 6, 2010, 9:12 pm

Time for a KVS rookie question which I had no success searching.

Specifically on a OneWorld search, some of availabilities are coming back with a plus (+) or minus (-) sign as in YS+ or YS-. What is the significance of the =/- signs?

Thanks.

Art
Old Aug 6, 2010, 11:12 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by ArtM
some of availabilities are coming back with a plus (+) or minus (-) sign as in YS+ or YS-. What is the significance of the =/- signs?
+ means there is availability for that flight. - means there is not. I'd suggest thoroughly checking out the KVS User Guide/FAQ.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 2:06 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
looking to book an F award on CX using AA miles (JFK-YVR). KVS tool show 2 seats in F. When i call AA, they say not available. Rest of the week I am looking at is available via AA. KVS shows the same all week.

duh. just realized i posted this in the expert flyer thread. sorry

Last edited by jmw2323; Dec 2, 2010 at 3:10 pm
Old Dec 2, 2010, 3:25 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by jmw2323
looking to book an F award on CX using AA miles (JFK-YVR). KVS tool show 2 seats in F. When i call AA, they say not available. Rest of the week I am looking at is available via AA. KVS shows the same all week.

Above post has now been moved over to the KVS thread - please remember to use the Alert a Moderator to this Post button to request such moves (another helpful member did it for you.)

/Moderator
Old Dec 2, 2010, 3:48 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Arrow

Originally Posted by jmw2323

There is only 1 F seat currently available for CX's own FFP members, so it's a probably a system issue with the other engine:

[KVS Availability Tool 6.0.0/Diamond - Amadeus: Awards/CX]
Code:
JFK  New York John F Kennedy Intl NY US [KJFK]
YVR  Vancouver Metro / Vancouver Intl BC CA = YVR CXH [CYVR]
WED  11 May 2011 | 1 Seat

Carrier    Flight  From  Depart    To    Arrive    A/C  St  Availability
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  ------------
CX         889     JFK   22:40     YVR   01:30 +1  773  0   FS+ CS+ YS+
CX         841     JFK   10:10     HKG   14:05 +1  773  0   FS/ CS- YS-
 -> CX     838     HKG   16:30 +1  YVR   13:45 +1  343  0
CX         831     JFK   14:55     HKG   19:00 +1  773  0   FS- CS- YS-
 -> CX     888     HKG   00:30 +2  YVR   21:25 +1  773  0
CX         841     JFK   10:10     HKG   14:05 +1  773  0   FS- CS- YS-
 -> CX     838     HKG   16:30 +2  YVR   13:20 +2  744  0
[KVS Availability Tool 6.0.0/Diamond - Amadeus: Awards/CX]
Code:
JFK  New York John F Kennedy Intl NY US [KJFK]
YVR  Vancouver Metro / Vancouver Intl BC CA = YVR CXH [CYVR]
WED  11 May 2011 | 2 Seats

Carrier    Flight  From  Depart    To    Arrive    A/C  St  Availability
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  ------------
CX         889     JFK   22:40     YVR   01:30 +1  773  0   FS- CS+ YS+
CX         841     JFK   10:10     HKG   14:05 +1  773  0   FS/ CS- YS-
 -> CX     838     HKG   16:30 +1  YVR   13:45 +1  343  0
CX         841     JFK   10:10     HKG   14:05 +1  773  0   FS- CS- YS-
 -> CX     838     HKG   16:30 +2  YVR   13:20 +2  744  0
Old Dec 2, 2010, 6:17 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
yep, i used the amadeus QF search that showed 2 seats in F. current seat maps are the same day before and day after, however no AA reward for day of
Old Dec 29, 2010, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium and Delta Gold
Issue with KVS vs. AA Agent Availability - 2/2011 IND to BKK roundtrip

I am new to the KVS tool, so please forgive my potential ignorance with it.

I am trying to book 2 tickets round trip from IND to BKK (Business or First) anytime in February 2011 after 2/6. When I did my original research with KVS, I was able to find the following flights via LAX in Business Class:

2/12 LAX - HKG 885
HKG - BKK 703

2/22 BKK - HKG 2700
HKG - LAX 882

I was less worried about the connection to IND since I can probably piece that together or outright purchase those tickets for cheap.

When I called the EXP reservation line, the agent said the dates I was asking for were not available and when doing a little digging, she came up with the following itinerary:

2/7 IND - ORD 4358
ORD - LGA 354
2/8 JFK - HKG 841
2/9 HKG - BKK 701

2/17 BKK - HKG 2700
HKG - LAX 884
LAX - ORD 874
ORD - IND 5031

The itinerary above will work, but is not optimal for us. First of all having to overnight in New York is something we would like to avoid and we had hoped to stretch this to 10 days (one additional day without the overnight in NYC).

My real question is, why do I see additional flights on KVS that the American agent either cannot find or does not see? Is there a polite way for me to suggest to the agent how to find the flights that I am looking at say they are available? I wrote down all the flight numbers that I wanted and gave them to the agent, but she continue to say that nothing on the days I was asking for were available.

I am up for any suggestions on communicating to the agent as well as any other routing/itinerary suggests that anyone might have. I have found the KVS tool very helpful, but just need to understand how to get that information to the agent.

Thanks!
Old Dec 29, 2010, 12:22 pm

Programs: BA silver, Hyatt PLT, AA EXP, US silver, ICH RA, CO PLT
I actually have been having similar issue where KVS will show availabilities for US-HKG and the EXP agent doesn't and everytime I end-up having to go through YYZ which is not optimal neither. people will tell you to hang-up and call back (agent roulette) but in my case it never worked, I think their is some discrepancies between what KVS is showing and AA is seing.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 12:29 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by INDEXP
I am new to the KVS tool, so please forgive my potential ignorance with it.

I am trying to book 2 tickets round trip from IND to BKK (Business or First) anytime in February 2011 after 2/6. When I did my original research with KVS, I was able to find the following flights via LAX in Business Class:

2/12 LAX - HKG 885
HKG - BKK 703

2/22 BKK - HKG 2700
HKG - LAX 882

I was less worried about the connection to IND since I can probably piece that together or outright purchase those tickets for cheap.

When I called the EXP reservation line, the agent said the dates I was asking for were not available and when doing a little digging, she came up with the following itinerary:

2/7 IND - ORD 4358
ORD - LGA 354
2/8 JFK - HKG 841
2/9 HKG - BKK 701

2/17 BKK - HKG 2700
HKG - LAX 884
LAX - ORD 874
ORD - IND 5031

The itinerary above will work, but is not optimal for us. First of all having to overnight in New York is something we would like to avoid and we had hoped to stretch this to 10 days (one additional day without the overnight in NYC).

My real question is, why do I see additional flights on KVS that the American agent either cannot find or does not see? Is there a polite way for me to suggest to the agent how to find the flights that I am looking at say they are available? I wrote down all the flight numbers that I wanted and gave them to the agent, but she continue to say that nothing on the days I was asking for were available.

I am up for any suggestions on communicating to the agent as well as any other routing/itinerary suggests that anyone might have. I have found the KVS tool very helpful, but just need to understand how to get that information to the agent.

Thanks!
1. Start off with a good attitude.

2. Tell the agent what you are trying to do, and in the same breath, say you have done alot of research on KVS, which may make it both easier for them and help speed up the process, too.

3. Try building it out leg by leg to find out where the trouble lies. Sometimes a lack of availability on a short leg of a multi leg trip makes the whole itinerary unavailable. IE:IND-DFW-LAX-HKG-BKK may have no availability on the DFW-LAX leg (example only), which zaps the whole trip.

4. Ask them for suggestions.

5. Be flexible.

Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.