Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How is everyone's requalification year going?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2005, 5:23 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, BA GLD, FT < 30 y
How is everyone's requalification year going?

Even though it is only March, I was talking to an EXP desk agent last night who noted that I was progressing well in my qualification next year, and that "most people wait until the last moment and then call us in a panic." So I was wondering how everyone else is doing with their requalification, are you going out of your way, and if all the recent changes to AA have affected your push to requalify?

I am very happy with AA right now and by April will be about 73% of the way point wise to EXP requalification. So it looks like I'll hit EXP and once I make that it will be time to focus on some other programs like maybe keeping BA GLD. It's too bad there aren't any additional perks once you pass the 100K mark!
Old Mar 9, 2005, 5:31 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Looks like 41,672 EQM / 59,646 EQP after a short trip I finish Monday, and
June 15th requal for me, with what I have booked with AA and oneworld so far; that's perhaps two weeks ahead of 2004. That's also assuming some clients won't have me travel before that and are AAccessible. Summer is usually pretty slack, with more local work that distant. In Q4, I'll be using some award miles and touring some Aussie friends around southern Mexico by land and that'll cut down my flying a bit.

Last edited by JDiver; Mar 10, 2005 at 3:35 pm Reason: add EQM/EQP
Old Mar 9, 2005, 5:34 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

So is the strategy then to earn and requalify for EXP then burn the miles once you have status?
Old Mar 9, 2005, 5:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz GLD
Howdy,

I'm far, far away. I've got I think 50 segments; but only 31k points/29k miles. Still a long long way to go.

Keep the faith,

Pakse
Old Mar 9, 2005, 5:42 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
mine has been delayed by the flu

on the other hand, i have a lot of trips booked in paid F & J coming up, so should re-make Plat with no probs- maybe even ExPlat if a number of Europe trips come through in the fall.
Old Mar 9, 2005, 5:47 pm

The woods are lonely dark and deep and i have miles to go before I sleep.........

I am at only at 22K points. No Trans pacs until later, and it is a sloowww March......

OTOH, Its been far more fun supporting my local watering holes with my freinds......
Old Mar 9, 2005, 5:54 pm

Not really strategized, but it does coincide with spending miles for award trips for us later in the year (2004, French Polynesia and 2005 Japan,) as well as for others when they go on holiday. If I wanted to do an F trip for an anniversary, that would bring the award flight into April; next year we may do an AONE or DONE for our 40th. And fares seem to be so inviting Q1!

Originally Posted by CharlesMD
So is the strategy then to earn and requalify for EXP then burn the miles once you have status?
Old Mar 9, 2005, 5:56 pm

Er, it's the Telefon, for you! Call for a trip to Belgium to enjoy some few dozens of the hundreds of brews...

Originally Posted by DataPlumber
The woods are lonely dark and deep and i have miles to go before I sleep.........

I am at only at 22K points. No Trans pacs until later, and it is a sloowww March......

OTOH, Its been far more fun supporting my local watering holes with my freinds......
Old Mar 9, 2005, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
A bit early for this question, isn't it? Unless you're howellajohnson, of course!
Old Mar 9, 2005, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by CharlesMD
I was talking to an EXP desk agent last night who noted that I was progressing well in my qualification next year
Old Mar 9, 2005, 6:40 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
89K either flown or booked through the middle of June. With six and a half months to make the other 11K, requal is a lead-pipe cinch.
Old Mar 9, 2005, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/Marriott Plat/Hertz PC
Looks like I'll have 25K at the end of this month, which doesn't give me much slack. I have a couple of international trips on the horizon which should put me comfortably above the 8.33K/mo line, but we'll see. If work keeps me on the east coast this summer, I'll be MRing like a madman in the fall.
Old Mar 9, 2005, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2.8M, Marriott PLT, *wood GLD, Bombay Sapphire
I am right on track to requalify by April 14 thanks to the YUP fares. After that flight that day I should have 102,369 Q points on 68,570 flight miles. Then, its home for awhile--I'm knackered from all this flying this year!
Old Mar 9, 2005, 6:48 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
88.5K booked through August now. With one Europe flight in November, or two transcons, I'll easily requalify. Have already flown 42K this year.
Old Mar 9, 2005, 6:52 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fletch050
Then, its home for awhile--I'm knackered from all this flying this year!
AMEN TO THAT!!! ^ ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.