Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How is everyone's requalification year going?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2005, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG
Man ,there are some serious miles flown here. And I thought I was doing well at over half way to PLT; 19 k miles flown with 12 K miles ticketed for April.
Old Mar 9, 2005, 7:00 pm

47,927 as of Febraury 28th (on an e-Vip )
81,469 as of July 18th.
Old Mar 9, 2005, 7:00 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, BA GLD, FT < 30 y
Originally Posted by armchair_critic
Man ,there are some serious miles flown here. And I thought I was doing well at over half way to PLT; 19 k miles flown with 12 K miles ticketed for April.
WELCOME TO FLYERTALK AA, ARMCHAIR-CRITIC!!! ^ ^

If you stick around here for a while you'll be EXP 1MM in no time!
Old Mar 9, 2005, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG
Originally Posted by CharlesMD
WELCOME TO FLYERTALK AA, ARMCHAIR-CRITIC!!! ^ ^

If you stick around here for a while you'll be EXP 1MM in no time!
Thanks for the welcome!
Old Mar 9, 2005, 8:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CharlesMD
I was talking to an EXP desk agent last night who noted that I was progressing well in my qualification next year
Frankly, I belive this is a lie.
Old Mar 9, 2005, 9:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM
I've done ~53k miles so far, and I'm in the SFO AC waiting to do an SFO-JFK MR ($137.70!). I'll probably have about 90k by the end of June. However, I may have to cancel my trip to LGW this weekend due to some pressing business at home.

Edited to add: I also have ~1.9 MM right now, so I should reach 2 MM later this year.

Last edited by card1953; Mar 9, 2005 at 9:35 pm Reason: Addition
Old Mar 9, 2005, 9:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP (1.5MM), Hilton/SPG/Marriott Gold
Since everyone else is talking about EXP, let me jump in. I HOPE to keep Plat next year, one domestic R/T so far this year for a total of 10.5k Elite miles. That in itself was an accomplishment from MCI. Have 30k planned later this year, and may be MR the last bit, so put me in with with what that CS Rep was talking about.
Old Mar 9, 2005, 10:16 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 4mm / Free Agent / GE / Secret Handshake
Originally Posted by BenjaminNYC
Frankly, I belive this is a lie.
Yup..., I agree.

Some people don't have anything better to with their lives....

J.
Old Mar 9, 2005, 10:17 pm
oec

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum
20k current, 15k more booked through March, another 20-30k April-May. I should hit 100k miles or points by September, unless my travel increases dramatically during the summer (not likely). Let's hope for some transatlantic flights!
Old Mar 9, 2005, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, PC PLT SPIRE
Originally Posted by Pakse
Howdy,

I'm far, far away. I've got I think 50 segments; but only 31k points/29k miles. Still a long long way to go.

Keep the faith,

Pakse
Only 150 more segments to EXP
Old Mar 9, 2005, 11:43 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, Lifetime PLT, Silver EK Skywards
Currently at 48,000 Q-Points (36,000 Q-miles) and estimated to be somewhere around 80,000 Q-Points by July 2005.
Old Mar 9, 2005, 11:59 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
My year is going well, better than last year in fact. I allready have 7,270 Q-miles this year compared to 2,257 at this point last year. After my nine segment week next week I'll double that and be well on my way to requalifying for Platinum at the end of December as I do every year.
Old Mar 10, 2005, 12:48 am

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
3 F/T Do's and a trip of my own will do Plat for me this year---Sinagapore last January, London last Febuary, Italy in upcoming May (Do's) and a road trip thru the UK in late March. I have been hoping to make EXP this year, but my insurance company is deciding not to pay for a couple of operations I need...so, depending on how that appeal goes and what I'll need to fork over outta' pocket for them, we'll see what happens.

Was really amazed to meet a business travller while on the London Do who had ALREADY made EXP for NEXT year (by mid-Febuary of this year).....says he usually does 650,000 miles a year at least!!!
Old Mar 10, 2005, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I'm going very slowly - I'll end up Q1 with only 6 segments and 6k towards Platinum. I have another 4 segments (5 EQS) on United. I might let Platinum lapse this year and keep my lifetime Gold, since much of my leisure travel in 2006 and 2007 will be J/F international award travel.

My AA travel probably will be the same pace in Q2, as most of my work trips are short segments that I'm moving to United. Since most of my international trips will now be award trips, and most of my work trips are sub-1000 mile trips, qualifying on segments is the better option. And United is far better than American in this regard with better EQS credit on QUP fares, more cities as valid connection points, and the occasional Double EQM/EQS bonus offers.
Old Mar 10, 2005, 3:39 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, BA GLD, FT < 30 y
Originally Posted by skye1
Was really amazed to meet a business travller while on the London Do who had ALREADY made EXP for NEXT year (by mid-Febuary of this year).....says he usually does 650,000 miles a year at least!!!
Now that is impressive!!!

Originally Posted by CMK10
My year is going well, better than last year in fact. I allready have 7,270 Q-miles this year compared to 2,257 at this point last year. After my nine segment week next week I'll double that and be well on my way to requalifying for Platinum at the end of December as I do every year.
And several great TRs! AA should make you EXP for that alone!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.