Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How is everyone's requalification year going?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2005, 8:39 am

We shoud all be helping valentine
Old Nov 20, 2005, 8:57 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, BA GLD, FT < 30 y
Originally Posted by SirFlysALot
Due to the curse of Flyertalk, my employer now has me working locally. After Platinum for the last 5 years (Premier Exec on UA for years before that ), I qualifyed for Gold in March.

Darn
WELCOME TO FLYERTALK, SIRFLYSALOT

You might like this thread!!!

Posted from the Hampton Inn

P.S. A star for anyone who can post which rap song features the Hampton Inn.
Old Nov 20, 2005, 9:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Island
We shoud all be helping valentine
That's gonna' be the new AA forum "inside reference" I guess.
Old Nov 20, 2005, 9:42 am

Programs: AA PLT, USAir Silver, HHonors Gold, Starwood Gold
I managed to regualify for PLT in September, but I cannot afford to fly any MRs to get me to EXP. Bummer.
Old Nov 20, 2005, 9:46 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
I'll qualify for EXP somewhere over chicago coming back from a december trip to Paris, Rome and London.

TH will do the same.

I have no travel booked for the next year and honestly, can't be bothered as prices from SEA astronomical to Europe.

lala
Old Nov 20, 2005, 12:17 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP MM, HH Diamond
Requalified for PLAT somewhere over the pacific ORD-HNL at the beginning of November.
Old Nov 20, 2005, 12:24 pm

Programs: DL Diamond / Delta 360 / HHonors Diamond. FORMER: AAdvantage EXP, Loews YouFirst Platinum, A+ Elite
All set for EXP to hit on a flight from Chicago to Hartford, CT. All done domestically (and from STL, which isn't easy) except for one transatlantic MR to Dublin.
Old Nov 20, 2005, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, working my way back up to AS and Marriott elite status post-baby!
Last year, I had to fly over 20k miles (one true MR, one creative routing home for Christmas) in the last two weeks of the year to put me over for EXP. Since I was PLT at the time, most of those miles were in coach. Yes, it was painful

Much better this year. I knew back in early September that I'd have plenty of miles for EXP requalification. I've been taking my time reaching 100k, even got a status match on UA and have earned more than 15k EQMs on them. But it looks like the 100k day will finally come on our trip east for Thanksgiving on Tuesday... upgrades have already cleared . I still have another 10-15k worth of travel booked for Dec, on AA, AS, and UA.

We had a MR to DUB scheduled for Dec 3-4, in order to get Mr. Flyer23 over 100k as well, but we just cancelled it, because he got some end-of-year business travel that will get him there. I think he'll qualify on the way back from Thanksgiving; otherwise, he'll have a trip during the week of Dec 5th that will do it.
Old Nov 20, 2005, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT 2MM+; Marriott PLT
Although the return flight has not yet posted, I requalified for PLT this week (last flight of the year). With a bit of luck, this will be the last yearly qualification as I am very near 2MM.

First time to qualify with just over 50K EQP, rather than miles. Two I-fares to Europe made the difference.

Edit: Miles posted. Done.

Summary Date: Nov 2005

Program to Date Miles: 1,918,849

YTD Elite Qualifying Points: 51,526

YTD Elite Qualifying Miles: 38,959

Last edited by SeAAttle; Nov 21, 2005 at 12:55 pm
Old Nov 20, 2005, 3:13 pm

Location: Illinois USA. AA EXPLT 3MM, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Plat Royal Ambassador
Last year was the first year I made EXP. For this year, I placed a metric on myself to fly at least 10K miles per month, which will help me requalify by the end of Oct. with 2 months to spare. It worked! I requalified for EXP in October and will probably end up with 125K miles flown by the end of this year. I wish anything over 100K miles could be used to requalify next year. I think Delta does something like this.
Old Nov 20, 2005, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Will have about 94K Q-miles when I get back from London tomorrow. A vacation in Oaxaca between Xmas and New Year's will get me to 100,055 with 4+ hours to spare - despite the cancellation of a planned business transcon trip last week, which would have provided a bit of a cushion.

No travel plans for 2006 yet, though I didn't have much planned for 2005 at this point last year either. Probably some visits to family in the southwest U.S. in January, then a vast wasteland until spring term finals are over in May. Oh, well. At least I'll have had another EXP year if I have to drop back to PLT again. There are worse fates.
Old Nov 20, 2005, 5:19 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by j3823x
You can also use aa.com's reservation system to find out the miles by pricing an itinerary. Hopefully nothing gets shortened between now and the end of the year.
You and me both! Though my remaining trips are pretty set in stone, so not worried on that front. I may actually have one more trip next week, but not planning on it. If so, that will definitely kick me over the threshold.
Old Nov 20, 2005, 11:15 pm

Programs: AA MM, SPG Plat., HHonors GLD, Hertz PC
Just made EXP on route back from BWI to SAN. And I owe it to the FT community's experience and advice. Thanks guys!!
Old Nov 20, 2005, 11:27 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by Efrem
A vacation in Oaxaca between Xmas and New Year's will get me to 100,055 with 4+ hours to spare
You'll probably win the award for "as close as you can possibly get over 100.000 miles".

I'm at 98,500 with a SFO-PHL trip next week that will bring me up to 104,000, my last paid flight of the year.
Old Nov 21, 2005, 12:24 am

Programs: aa exp 1MM, alaska air, united, hhonors gold, spg gold
Kind of left it to the last minute. Am only at 25,852 miles at Thanksgiving, but with SJC-LAX-NRT-ORD-SJC at 14,020 and SFO-MIA-DFW-ORD-LHR-ORD-SFO at 14,221 both booked, I'll have some to spare.

My first MRs. My son will qualify with a plat challenge on NRT as well.

The net difference in miles is +28,000 flown this year, plus 28,00 platinum, plus 5,000 bonuses, WC and booking. Also the first 50,000 next year will retain the 100% bonus, rather than drop to a 25% bonus, so that's another 37,500 bonus miles which won't be lost. So a net gain of 98,500 miles for $1200. Not bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.