Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: the current thread can be read and posted to here.
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2012, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Originally Posted by Ambraciot
This doesn't belong here since I dared to fly Delta... but have any of you ever woken up with a stranger's bare feet in your lap when trapped in Y? Sadly she was the second least unsettling DL seatmate I've had in months.
I watched a guy clip his toenails, once. The toenail pieces flew all over the cabin. Yech.

Y (Coach) can be fun. I did have a stranger's bare feet in my lap, once that I remember. I held a delightful baby in my lap so Mom could eat her dinner. The baby was the sweetest thing, ever, and her cute little pink tootsies were in my lap.

Yeah, I know, baby-holding is not for everyone. I offered out of my free will and enjoyed every minute.
Old May 15, 2012, 3:36 pm

This doesn't belong here since I dared to fly Delta... but have any of you ever woken up with a stranger's bare feet in your lap when trapped in Y? Sadly she was the second least unsettling DL seatmate I've had in months.
In College, course my lap was bare also
Old May 15, 2012, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by pdog02
In College, course my lap was bare also
That seems a bit off... here's a much easier pitch my weekend experience reminded me of.

Back when I was flying with my ex, we had a row of 3 Y seats to ourselves and I woke up with her foot up on my neck pressing against my chin. These things don't happen when I fly with other 6'+ men.
Old May 15, 2012, 5:09 pm

How about drunk/belligerent passengers in Business class? Recent trip from MIA to a Caribbean destination, four vacation makers were quite drunk, sitting in 5A/B, and 6E/F on a 738 and yelling back and forth about various things; FAs didn't cut them off, continued to provide them with whisky, baileys, etc. Horrible flight!
Old May 15, 2012, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by booji
How about drunk/belligerent passengers in Business class? Recent trip from MIA to a Caribbean destination, four vacation makers were quite drunk, sitting in 5A/B, and 6E/F on a 738 and yelling back and forth about various things; FAs didn't cut them off, continued to provide them with whisky, baileys, etc. Horrible flight!
That isn't stupid and is very substantive .
Old May 16, 2012, 2:04 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Ah yes, other pax leaning/sitting/resting on you

When I was in high school, I recall an overnight TATL in Y where I was fortunate enough to have the aisle seat next to a girl (also in high school, as it turned out) in the middle seat. She was cute and we struck up a conversation before everyone went to sleep. When I woke up a few hours later, she had cuddled up to me and was resting her head on my shoulder.

When she woke up, we both laughed about it, and then she went back to sleep and did it again ^

My stupid complaint is that none of my other flights during high school had such attractive seatmates.
Old May 16, 2012, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
I saw a Citi AA card commercial on TV the other day. Person in the commercial slides the card on the bottom and not on the top, so it couldn't work! Verified using my card .
Citi bank's cards have the characteristic of been "flipped" from behind, that means the magnetic stripe is in the "bottom" instead of the "top" if you reference it to the front image...

I cant recall any other bank besides Citi... the rest have the mag stripe in the top of the back...
Old May 16, 2012, 4:30 am

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
Many years ago in TATL coach (LH ORD-FRA) I was in aisle seat with two empty seats between me and the window but about a minute before take-off the FA arrived with two unaccompanied minors on their way to India. I learned that dad was trying to finish his thesis and they were being sent to live with their Uncle and Aunt. I feared the worst but shortly after dinner they announced they were tired and (in the pre-strap yourself in just in case there is turbulence era) one sacked out on their two seats and the other set up some pillows on the floor and they slept until breakfast. I have never had such a quiet evening in an aisle seat (no fidgeting, snoring, climbing over me to the bathroom) and [my complaint] probably never will again.
Old May 16, 2012, 7:31 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
I watched a guy clip his toenails, once. The toenail pieces flew all over the cabin. Yech.
OMG! Gag. Yes, flip-flop/sandal season is upon us. I brace myself for bare feet resting on the bulkheads, on tray tables, backs of seats, curled up next to me - seen it all even in F/J (except the toe nail clipping - OMG!! I hope to miss that one!)
Old May 16, 2012, 8:19 am

Programs: AA PLT, 60K "old miles"
They replaced my ramekin with tin foil cupcake paper.
Old May 18, 2012, 2:43 pm

AA 1466 on May 29th has no available Preferred Plus or Preferred seats, just 18 unassigned blue middle seats.

Are their routes where this happens a lot? I usually see Preferred Plus seats available right up until the flight goes to gate control.
Old May 18, 2012, 2:44 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
AA 1466 on May 29th has no available Preferred Plus or Preferred seats, just 18 unassigned blue middle seats.

Are their routes where this happens a lot? I usually see Preferred Plus seats available right up until the flight goes to gate control.
Often it's exactly the opposite. Are you by chance viewing the seat map while logged out? Never mind, I see it too. Weird
Old May 18, 2012, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by Science Goy
Often it's exactly the opposite. Are you by chance viewing the seat map while logged out?
Definitely not, I posted the flight # and date so others can verify. DFW-BOS morning flight.
Old May 18, 2012, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Definitely not, I posted the flight # and date so others can verify. DFW-BOS morning flight.
That is very strange. I took that flight in January twice (admittedly on a Sunday morning), neither had more than 20 people on the entire flight. Similar to Science Goy, I have 2440 on the 28th (night before on exact same route, technically just 12 hours before) and there are no blue seats available in Y, just 15 total of green and purple.
Old May 18, 2012, 3:11 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
I took 1466 DFW-BOS a few weeks back on a Sunday morning. It was packed, not a single seat left! I was shocked, because as everyone has been saying, the flight had been empty in my past experiences.

And now to complain...because the flight was packed, and because I wanted to stop in the AC for a cup of coffee after my SFO redeye, I had to store my bag all the way in the back of a 757, when I was seated in 10F. More hilariously, the two young ladies sitting in my row were completely hungover. The one next to me said she didn't feel well and said she hated flying, especially takeoffs and landings. It was an interesting flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.