FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1729116-archive-whats-stupidest-least-substantive-thing-you-can-complain-about.html)

Blumie Jun 3, 2010 10:51 am

ARCHIVE: What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

What's FT if not a place to complain about the small stuff? After all, we've seen threads in which people have complained about virtually everything, from the ceiling height at JAX to the font, ink and paper used to print boarding passes. So I thought I'd start what I hope will become the one of the most valuable and important threads in the history of FT, one in which we consolidate all of our complaints about stuff that just doesn't matter and that validates AA's decision not to have an official presence on this board.

I'll go first: I find it really annoying the way the napkins are fanned before being put out at the Admirals Clubs. Is this supposed to make us feel like the place is uber-fancy? Why don't they just forget about the fanning and put out some real napkins instead of the flimsy cocktail napkins they use?

FWAAA Jun 3, 2010 10:55 am

The dog food-style snack mix dispensers at the Admirals Clubs.

videomaker Jun 3, 2010 10:57 am

@:-) @:-) @:-)

By combining these here, we should really be able to cut down on the number of threads! :D

nnn Jun 3, 2010 10:58 am

I hate how the guy in the safety video pronounces "American Airlines" when speaking in Spanish.

HNL Jun 3, 2010 11:02 am

I hate the fact you can't renew a monthly account on Gogo through the website while you are on the ground. It can only be done while in the air through the Gogo in air portal.

GetSetJetSet Jun 3, 2010 11:04 am

Not having free alcoholic beverages in the AC is a crime against humanity.

miamigrad Jun 3, 2010 11:05 am

Branded cups and napkins while onboard the aircraft. Once there, the purchase decision has been made. I mean... the airline is about saving money after all. Those sames items should be less in the non-branded form, right? :p

JY1024 Jun 3, 2010 11:09 am

Those bloody "napkins" that they have in the AC and on the planes. I always feel like I'm going to give myself a paper cut when I try to wipe my hands or mouth with it. And good luck trying to wipe/clean an apple with one of those...you might as well just use one of the kiosk boarding passes since they're softer.

Flyer_70 Jun 3, 2010 11:09 am

The AA logo on the coffee cups in F. It looks like a fly and always creeps me out.

MiamiAirport Formerly NY George Jun 3, 2010 11:11 am

Could AA please have bagels at all AC locations and some cereal would be nice (come on AA how expensive could it be for some Special K or Corn flakes). Also, get rid of those doll house size coffee cups. The time the coffee sloshes onto the carpet as you return to your seat you have about five mouths full.

Free beer and wine in the afternoon and evening, one could only dream.

BarkinJ Jun 3, 2010 11:12 am

I'm sitting in J (upgrade cleared at 100 hrs) on flt. 19 right now (JFK-LAX), somewhere above Iowa.

I am livid (livid!) that we were served cookies-and-cream ice cream with chocolate shavings when the passed menu states clearly that we'd be receiving chocolate ice cream topped with marshmallows and chopped walnuts.

This is an affront to everything we hold sacred in a civil society. This is the last straw, and I'm moving to Canada.

bdemaria Jun 3, 2010 11:12 am

Originally Posted by miamigrad (Post 14070052)
Branded cups and napkins while onboard the aircraft. Once there, the purchase decision has been made. I mean... the airline is about saving money after all. Those sames items should be less in the non-branded form, right? :p

And as a follow up: what is the point of having "aa.com" painted on the winglet of the plane so it is visible to pax inside the cabin.

ma91pmh Jun 3, 2010 11:14 am

I wish to complain that my AA number begins with "D". The automatic phone system always thinks I'm saying "B". I did learn you can also say "Delta", but that just feels bad when calling AA

doctor15 Jun 3, 2010 11:14 am

Why do they have to play the same soundtrack, in the same order on every 738 upon landing? Why do they need music it all? Some of those songs make me want to kill myself.

On the bright side, I measure my wait time to taxi and get off the plane based on which song I get to.

Blumie Jun 3, 2010 11:15 am

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet (Post 14070036)
Not having free alcoholic beverages in the AC is a crime against humanity.

Hey, this thread is supposed to be for non-substantive complaints only!