Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: the current thread can be read and posted to here.
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2012, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by brobab
Well, they are better suited to hold the nuts than they are to hold any wine - hate those stupid mini glasses. Just eliminate them altogether and save the weight.
And drink straight from the bottle?
Old Apr 18, 2012, 7:57 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum/Delta GM
what's classier than that?
Old Apr 18, 2012, 12:02 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
While on hold with AAdvantage to ask about CX award travel the hold music informs me "You can complete your entire transaction on AA.com". No, I can't, that's why I'm calling you!
Old Apr 18, 2012, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA SPG Amex
Originally Posted by norf9
I've noticed that it offers you this even if you are already an AC member.
Well, to be fair, it's possible that systems aren't talking to each other and it doesn't "know" you are a member. However when the ticket itself is tied to lounge access then there really isn't any excuse.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 3:32 pm

Programs: American AAdvantage
I hate when the brand new 737 over wing emergency exits drip water on you every time just before landing
Old Apr 18, 2012, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA GLD
Originally Posted by JDiver
Maybe the TSA is worried they are too hard and heavy and could be used as a potential weapon.
must be. TSA does all kind of weird things. last time I saw they let a guy wearing military cloth pass security with a spear. yes, a 6-ft long spear... looked to me something they use to erect tent or as flag pole...
Old Apr 18, 2012, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
Originally Posted by mingw
must be. TSA does all kind of weird things. last time I saw they let a guy wearing military cloth pass security with a spear. yes, a 6-ft long spear... looked to me something they use to erect tent or as flag pole...
Flyertalk really needs a "like" button. ^
Old Apr 18, 2012, 5:42 pm

Programs: I fly too much and stay at too many hotels
Originally Posted by Ispolkom
And drink straight from the bottle?
I guess I did leave out the part about using the regular glasses instead. Of course when they serve you the mini screwcap bottles in F, one may as well just drink the swill straight from the bottle like it was Boone's Farm from the '70's
Old Apr 18, 2012, 6:03 pm

Programs: (PM)AA SPG (Marriott), Hilton
Originally Posted by SFOAAFlyer
I hate when the brand new 737 over wing emergency exits drip water on you every time just before landing
It's working the way it's supposed to.

It wakes up the exit row passengers before landing, so they are paying attention when they might be needed. Window seat gets dripped on, emits a surprised utterance which ensures the passengers in the other two seats are wide awake for landing.

It's sort of a Rube Goldberg way to do it, but with the budget cuts and all they couldn't afford the electric shock device for the seats.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 7:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
Originally Posted by reft
It's working the way it's supposed to.

It wakes up the exit row passengers before landing, so they are paying attention when they might be needed. Window seat gets dripped on, emits a surprised utterance which ensures the passengers in the other two seats are wide awake for landing.

It's sort of a Rube Goldberg way to do it, but with the budget cuts and all they couldn't afford the electric shock device for the seats.
What happens if there is an emergency landing?
Old Apr 18, 2012, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, National Executive Elite
When people, specifically older businessmen take off their shoes on any flight in the afternoon or later. I'm sorry dude, you have probably been upright wearing those shoes sweating in them. And to be honest there is a seriously high possibility that your feet stink. I don't care whether you are a Concierge Key member executive platinum with 8 billion AA miles. I could care less. Leave your shoes on you feet, because odds are they stink!

Only thing that is worse, when they have them off and put their feet up on the bulkhead. This airplane is not your home, keep your feet off the furniture.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Premier Plat, Alaska MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by dickferd
Only thing that is worse, when they have them off and put their feet up on the bulkhead. This airplane is not your home, keep your feet off the furniture.
Oh, god... here it goes again!

::grabs popcorn::
Old Apr 18, 2012, 9:01 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
I am shocked, SHOCKED and appalled that no one has mentioned the Naked Guy at the PDX TSA checkpoint yet.

That ranks right up with "stupidest".
Old Apr 18, 2012, 9:12 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
I am shocked, SHOCKED and appalled that no one has mentioned the Naked Guy at the PDX TSA checkpoint yet.
Arrested for public nudity in Portland? I didn't think such a thing was possible.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 9:21 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by dickferd
I could care less.
Really? Seemed like you didn't care much at all about their status. What would make you care less?

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.