Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: American oneworld and Other Airline (Partner) Awards info, rules 2014 on

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: American oneworld and Other Airline (Partner) Awards info, rules 2014 on

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2014, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by bobbybrown
Not sure if this has been reported here but I found that DCA, which is not a gateway city to Asia, can be somehow added as a gateway stopover point if combined with AA 175/176 (DCA-DFW-NRT). I didn't book by myself but the website quotes me only 25k if I start from any other US cities. Other possibilities are:
AA61/60, MIA-DFW-NRT
AA169/170, LAS-LAX-NRT
AA153/154, MCO-ORD-NRT
Has anyone succeeded it? It would be awesome if this is officially allowed. Then, I can add JL's NRT-ICN by calling AA and have very flexible stopover choices.
Yup, the stopover is also allowed at these cities with "direct", same flight number international service. There's also AA 183 LAS-LAX-PVG, I'm sure someone around here knows the full list.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Yup, the stopover is also allowed at these cities with "direct", same flight number international service. There's also AA 183 LAS-LAX-PVG, I'm sure someone around here knows the full list.
Oops, sorry for duplicating, then. I should have known this sooner - I could've saved lots of miles
Old Jan 24, 2014, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Anyone have a sense of whether a JFK-AUH-AMM-TLV routing would be valid? I need to go to TLV, but would prefer not to pay BA fuel surcharges and RJ inventory is not available from the US to AMM on the days I need.

Concern is having TLV on a ticket with EY flights.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

North America To/from Other Regions

Hawaiian Airlines is not valid for these awards.
posts in another thread seem to suggest this to be outdated however LHR-LAX(stopover)-HNL search does not generate HA flights (with availability when searched separately). Is it possible to book them over the phone or is HA still excluded?
Old Jan 24, 2014, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by azepine00
North America To/from Other Regions

Hawaiian Airlines is not valid for these awards.
posts in another thread seem to suggest this to be outdated however LHR-LAX(stopover)-HNL search does not generate HA flights (with availability when searched separately). Is it possible to book them over the phone or is HA still excluded?
There was an old post indicating that HA will not permit its Hawaii-Mainland flights to be used on Hawaii-Europe awards.

HA flights can certainly be used for award travel between North America and Asia 1, Asia 2, and the South Pacific (subject to published-fare rules).
Old Jan 24, 2014, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by troyb
Anyone have a sense of whether a JFK-AUH-AMM-TLV routing would be valid? I need to go to TLV, but would prefer not to pay BA fuel surcharges and RJ inventory is not available from the US to AMM on the days I need.

Concern is having TLV on a ticket with EY flights.
Depends on whether EY has a JFK-TLV through-fare that permits the routing. Call AA and ask.

Also, don't forget about LY itself (another AA partner), either from JFK/EWR or from somewhere in Europe, or IB via MAD, or QR/RJ via DOH and AMM (again, subject to there being a published through-fare).

Are you looking for Y or J award space?
Old Jan 25, 2014, 3:50 pm

North-American Stopover HNL-NYC-CPT

Hello,

I'm going to be going to Hawaii in the fall and then to South Africa in November or December. I thought this would be a good chance to book my trip home from HNL through NYC, with a stopover, and then go on to Cape Town or Johannesburg later in the year.

When I look for flights from HNL to NYC on Oct 4, I see plenty of Milesaaver rewards for 17.5k. Green squares for the entire week. But when I attempt to do the multi-city award search with a stopover, it only shows me one flight all week. On October 3. And it flies through Seattle.

Is there a reason that most of the Economy Milesaaver trips that I see available for a one-way reservation are not available for this multi-city trip to South Africa?

Thanks!
Old Jan 25, 2014, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
It may be that the overwater (in this case transatlantic) carrier's fare rules HNL-CPT/JNB do not permit routing HNL-JFK nonstop (or using Hawaiian Airlines, which is the one with availability on 10/4, at all). You could call AA to ask for more details.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 6:17 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
As this is a pre-merger question, and as there is an existing thread with a lot of useful information pertaining to your questions, your query has been merged into the appropriate thread in the pre-merger forum.

/Moderator

Originally Posted by deraynman1
Hello,

I'm going to be going to Hawaii in the fall and then to South Africa in November or December. I thought this would be a good chance to book my trip home from HNL through NYC, with a stopover, and then go on to Cape Town or Johannesburg later in the year.

When I look for flights from HNL to NYC on Oct 4, I see plenty of Milesaaver rewards for 17.5k. Green squares for the entire week. But when I attempt to do the multi-city award search with a stopover, it only shows me one flight all week. On October 3. And it flies through Seattle.

Is there a reason that most of the Economy Milesaaver trips that I see available for a one-way reservation are not available for this multi-city trip to South Africa?

Thanks!
Old Jan 25, 2014, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by guv1976

Depends on whether EY has a JFK-TLV through-fare that permits the routing. Call AA and ask.

Also, don't forget about LY itself (another AA partner), either from JFK/EWR or from somewhere in Europe, or IB via MAD, or QR/RJ via DOH and AMM (again, subject to there being a published through-fare).

Are you looking for Y or J award space?
No filed fares by EY (or for that matter EK, QR, GF, etc.) for JFK-TLV. Considering that the UAE and most other Arab League countries do not officially recognize Israel, this isn't surprising. Hope I'm not getting too political here . RJ does file a fare, as Jordan recognizes Israel and of course RJ flies AMM-TLV.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 6:30 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Not political at all, just bare facts, man, just the facts.

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
No filed fares by EY (or for that matter EK, QR, GF, etc.) for JFK-TLV. Considering that the UAE and most other Arab League countries do not officially recognize Israel, this isn't surprising. Hope I'm not getting too political here . RJ does file a fare, as Jordan recognizes Israel and of course RJ flies AMM-TLV.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA LT GLD 1MM
Has the new EY AUH flights to DFW/LAX changed anything with regards to the routing rules. I tried to do jfk-lax-auh and auh-lax-jfk and they didn't price out. I know EY was strict in the past with the routings but I'm wondering if more options are open now with these new flights.

Basically where can I get a free ticket to on the end.... dfw? hnl? anc?
Old Jan 26, 2014, 6:59 pm
Suspended

Are you wanting a stopover at LAX? Otherwise, it is very out-of-the-way when traveling between AUH and JFK.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 9:04 pm

Programs: AA LT GLD 1MM
Originally Posted by Austinrunner
Are you wanting a stopover at LAX? Otherwise, it is very out-of-the-way when traveling between AUH and JFK.
Yea, I live in the LA area, but always add tag ons with the free gateway stopover to my flights to get free one way tickets.

I.E. we just got back from a jfk-lax(stop)-lhr-cph/bru-lhr-lax(stop) and still have the leg to jfk left to travel. I was hoping to get the return from jfk free on the lax-auh ticket but it doesn't look like that's possible. I understand the published fare/mpm rules but have never been able to nail down exactly how to find wha tis allowed and what isn't.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 4:30 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Hello Everyone,

A little help needed here! I posted on the previous Award thread and got some valuable information, but still there are some things a little bit unclear:

- The goal is to get two business seats from SDQ to PPT.
- I found availability for LAX-PPT on TN. I was told in the other thread that I could not get a single award from SDQ to PPT via MIA-LAX because TN does not have a published fare between SDQ and PPT, in that case, I will purchase SDQ-MIA tickets.
- I understand the difference between AAnytime (J or F) and MileSAAver (U or Z). I also understand that this doesn't exist on Partners.

My question still remains (I hope it's clear this time):
In order to book MIA-PPT, which inventory needs to be available on the Domestic segments, the ones corresponding to MileSaaver, or the ones corresponding to AAnytime?

And yet another question: There's a publised fare from SDQ to PPT on QF:

**** CONSTRUCTED ROUTING SDQ-PPT/QF EF-12APR13 DIS-INDEF
**ADDON ORG SDQ TPRG/3 PUBLISHED ROUTING 4600
**PUBLISHED LAX-PPT TPRG/3 PUBLISHED ROUTING 0009

/VIA THE PACIFIC/
DOM ROUTE VALIDATION APPLIES WITHIN US ONLY
MAP CONSTRUCTED LEFT TO RIGHT AND RIGHT TO LEFT
1. SDQ-AA-MIA-QF/AA-LAX-PPT
Could this potentially work in order to get the full route covered by the award (SDQ-MIA-LAX-PPT)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.