Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: American oneworld and Other Airline (Partner) Awards info, rules 2014 on

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: American oneworld and Other Airline (Partner) Awards info, rules 2014 on

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2014, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by xrl789
Sorry if this was addressed before. I have a partner award (no legs flown yet) from DCA-JFK-HKG-BKK booked pre-merger. I'm hoping to change the first leg from an AA flight to a US Air flight - DCA-LGA-HKG-BKK with DCA-LGA on a later date. Rep is telling me this will require reinstatement of award. That's not true, is it? Still a partner award, simply changing outbound travel date?
Did the rep say that you are going to be charged any change fees? The actual change mechanism may requires a reinstatement, but from what I can tell this is a free change and not fee should be due.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 6:11 am
Suspended

Change fee thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...hange-fee.html
Old Feb 19, 2014, 11:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT
Any non-BA option for IST-CDG/ORY?
Old Feb 19, 2014, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by keepssmile
Any non-BA option for IST-CDG/ORY?
The non-BA options would require connections in the Middle East, and thus two awards (or one distance-based "Explorer" award). Probably not worth it.

Do you have any BA Avios? I'm not sure whether IST-LON qualifies for a BAEC Reward Flight Saver (with reduced fees), but if it does, you could fly to LON for 10,000 Avios, and then take the train to PAR.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 11:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by xrl789
Sorry if this was addressed before. I have a partner award (no legs flown yet) from DCA-JFK-HKG-BKK booked pre-merger. I'm hoping to change the first leg from an AA flight to a US Air flight - DCA-LGA-HKG-BKK with DCA-LGA on a later date. Rep is telling me this will require reinstatement of award. That's not true, is it? Still a partner award, simply changing outbound travel date?
Your change-to routing you list as:
DCA-LGA-HKG-BKK. So, you're not listing something-- I assume it's surface LGA-JFK.

And, you say "with DCA-LGA on a later date" for same-- that makes no sense.

You might try posting again in more/better detail to get a better answer, the little details matter a lot.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 4:53 pm

Programs: AA LT GLD 1MM
So I have an award lax-lhr-bcn. There was a schedule change on lhr-bcn pushing it back two hours. But there is a flight lhr-nce that leaves close to the same time as our original lhr-bcn. We would rather take this flight. Is this something that can be changed without a fee? I just called and the agent said absolutely not - a fee would apply for any change of destination.

I'll try calling again, but curious if anyone else has had success with something similar.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by AZbba
So I have an award lax-lhr-bcn. There was a schedule change on lhr-bcn pushing it back two hours. But there is a flight lhr-nce that leaves close to the same time as our original lhr-bcn. We would rather take this flight. Is this something that can be changed without a fee? I just called and the agent said absolutely not - a fee would apply for any change of destination.

I'll try calling again, but curious if anyone else has had success with something similar.
A schedule change of two hours should entitle you to cancel the entire award and have your miles re-deposited at no charge. So I would call back and ask, in lieu of canceling the entire award for free, AA would let you change the destination for free.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 6:37 pm

Programs: AA LT GLD 1MM
Originally Posted by guv1976

A schedule change of two hours should entitle you to cancel the entire award and have your miles re-deposited at no charge. So I would call back and ask, in lieu of canceling the entire award for free, AA would let you change the destination for free.
There was already an ogg-lax portion that was used. And I don't want to lose our J seats on the 77W but I'll try using that angle.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 7:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Award travel help from Western Canada to Manchester

I hope this is the right place to post. I'm trying to find the best way for a family member to travel from west coast Canada (YLW/YVR/YYC or even SEA) to Manchester (or London) using AA miles. This would be around the end of August/early September.

Originating from YLW it looks like the best option would be YLW-SEA-PHL/CLT/ORD-MAN

I don't want the international leg to be on BA, to avoid the fuel surcharges. Any suggestions on routes? Can use a combination of AA miles and Avios and would prefer to keep the number of connections to a minimum.

Thanks for any advice!
Old Feb 20, 2014, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Look segment by segment, or just call and have an agent look after you've been explicit about unacceptability of BA for the overwater segment.

Regrettably, using the button AA, American Eagle and AmericanConnection® on carrier preferences will exclude AS and US and they might be useful to you. Perhaps the exclusion of US will end soon.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just enter an origin, a destination, and the preferred date of travel in the award-booking engine at aa.com, and you will see the available routings on carriers supported by aa.com (which might include some routings using BA for the TATL portion). However, if you'd like to use the CX YVR-JFK nonstop on your relative's itinerary, you'd have to call AA (or use a third-party website) to check CX award availability.

Keep in mind that the traveler is entitled to a free stopover, if desired, at the North American gateway on such an award.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 8:48 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
As this pertains to the pre-merger American Airlines, it is being moved to that forum; it is being merged into the best existing thread for this topic.

As noted in the Welcome to the New American Airlines Forum! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING, questions and information pertaining to the existing AA or US operations should go in those forums as it will be quite some time before the two entities operate as a single airline.

Your understanding is appreciated.

/Moderator
Old Feb 21, 2014, 3:48 pm

stopover question

I have never booked a flight with a planned stopover, and could use some help.
First are stopovers allowed on domestic flights?
I found a routing for ATL to LAS going through DFW. I was hoping to get some friends a flight from Atlanta to visit us for a few days in Fort Worth, then all of us go to Las Vegas.
Like I said I found the right routing, but don't know how to go about setting up a stopover.
Thanks.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No.

The free "gateway" stopover is only offered on awards between North America and another zone.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 4:38 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Unfortunately, you would be required to use two awards for this routing. Only international awards allow a stopover in the North America POE (port of entry) or departure.

We've merged this into the existing thread on AA / partner award flights, in the Pre-Merger Forum (AA has not merged yet in terms of policies, etc. and this definitely relates to the existing AA and its policies).

Sorry for the bad news.

Originally Posted by wise2u
I have never booked a flight with a planned stopover, and could use some help.
First are stopovers allowed on domestic flights?
I found a routing for ATL to LAS going through DFW. I was hoping to get some friends a flight from Atlanta to visit us for a few days in Fort Worth, then all of us go to Las Vegas.
Like I said I found the right routing, but don't know how to go about setting up a stopover.
Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.