Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Sticker / 500-mile Electronic Upgrades Protocols / Questions (2009-2014)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2015, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This archive contains older posts from the original Sticker / 500-mile Electronic Upgrades Protocols / Questions (consolidated) thread. The current, active thread can be read here.

/Moderator
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Sticker / 500-mile Electronic Upgrades Protocols / Questions (2009-2014)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2010, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by oklAAhoma
Would you please clarify? I don't know what you mean by "typical non-secular response" nor do I understand, in the context of this discussion, the reference to paying for a free benefit?

Thanks, and sorry if I am being dim-witted about this.
I assume RogerD408 is not using "non-secular" to mean religious, so the other meaning, at least in physics, is something that changes over time, so perhaps a response that varies all the time?
Old Sep 4, 2010, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
I assume RogerD408 is not using "non-secular" to mean religious, so the other meaning, at least in physics, is something that changes over time, so perhaps a response that varies all the time?
I, too, assume he was not using the term to mean not spiritual or religious, but when I substitute "perturbed over time", I still don't understand. Then again, I'm no rocket scientist.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Maybe I have the wrong spelling or something, but I mean not comprable to the request... Almost always when writing to many of the customer support groups these days (AA being the worst) a friend or I will submit a question say about how the boarding process was executed at a particular airport and the response will be regarding where AA flies from that airport or something so off topic it's tough to believe a live body even read the message.

Specific to this request the response was how to have upgrades for an EXP pulled from a PLTs account. It wasn't what I was asking and definately wasn't something I think anyone would want to do!

But... maybe it's just me.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Maybe I have the wrong spelling or something, but I mean not comprable to the request... Almost always when writing to many of the customer support groups these days (AA being the worst) a friend or I will submit a question say about how the boarding process was executed at a particular airport and the response will be regarding where AA flies from that airport or something so off topic it's tough to believe a live body even read the message.

Specific to this request the response was how to have upgrades for an EXP pulled from a PLTs account. It wasn't what I was asking and definately wasn't something I think anyone would want to do!

But... maybe it's just me.
Ah... perhaps you were thinking of a non-sequitur then.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
Ah... perhaps you were thinking of a non-sequitur then.
Well, aren't you crazy like a fox? That's a brilliant deduction.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 3:40 pm

Question: I am currently PLT and have requested upgrades on the domestic legs of my Australia trip. i.e. JFK-SFO and on the return LAX-JFK. However, i will become EXP on my flight back from SYD-LAX, will they still deduct stickers from my account when i am connecting in LAX to get back home to JFK. If they do, can i get them to credit it back to me, since i crossed the PLT-EXPLT before my LAX-JFK flight?
Old Sep 5, 2010, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by WrLdTrvLnIndian
Question: I am currently PLT and have requested upgrades on the domestic legs of my Australia trip. i.e. JFK-SFO and on the return LAX-JFK. However, i will become EXP on my flight back from SYD-LAX, will they still deduct stickers from my account when i am connecting in LAX to get back home to JFK. If they do, can i get them to credit it back to me, since i crossed the PLT-EXPLT before my LAX-JFK flight?
They might deduct them [if the upgrade clears], it all depends on the timing of your status update. If they do, then certainly call AA and ask to have them redeposited. It should not be a problem.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 7:51 pm
mck

Sticker Upgrade on Codeshare ticket

I have flights booked on CX tickets which include domestic AA metal, DFW-SFO-HKG. I use CX ff# to accumulate miles, but I'm close to getting gold status on AA. Anyone have experience on how to implement AA status if all flights on AA metal are through codeshare with CX ff#?

Can I use sticker upgrade if I have gold status, but my ticket is using my CX status?
Can I sticker upgrade on a AA flight if the ticket is CX codeshare?
Can I choose preferred seating if I am on CX ticket CX number AA metal but AA elite?

Thanks for any help in advance!

always,
Michael
Old Oct 30, 2010, 8:13 am

So hopefully this is the right thread. I'm doing a MR from 12/12-12/15 to get to Plat using the DEQM promo out of RDU. As I understand it, the EQM bonus won't be calculated until around Dec 31, and I need every mile to make Plat. So I won't have Plat status till Dec 31, but I have a trip booked for 1/5 that I really want to get upgraded (LAX - BOS in a 737). I requested an upgrade on that flight when I booked it as a Gold last month.

I think I read on FT somewhere at some point that if your status changes, you need to call AA and manually ask them to update your upgrade request to reflect your new status. Is that correct?

Thanks!
Old Nov 22, 2010, 6:57 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Upgrade request...

Flying STL - DFW - SNA

My coupon/sticker upgrade went through on the STL - DFW for the 24th.

If I don't get the rest of it upgraded by departure day do I need to re-request the upgrade when I get to the airport or does it continue by default from my original request when I purchased my ticket?
Thanks

Last edited by pkerr; Nov 22, 2010 at 7:48 am
Old Nov 22, 2010, 7:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, 1 MM, AC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by pkerr
If I don't get the rest of it upgraded by departure day do I need to re-request the upgrade when I get to the airport or does it continue by default from my original request when I purchased my ticket?
If your upgrade hasn't cleared by the time you get to the airport (you say this is a coupon, but I assume you mean "sticker" upgrade), then yes, you'll need to ask a TA, GA or AC AAngel to place you on the airport upgrade list. It's been discussed here many times.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 7:48 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Thanks for the info.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 10:51 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM+, Lifetime PLT, Admirals Club
Originally Posted by videomaker
If your upgrade hasn't cleared by the time you get to the airport (you say this is a coupon, but I assume you mean "sticker" upgrade), then yes, you'll need to ask a TA, GA or AC AAngel to place you on the airport upgrade list. It's been discussed here many times.
Or when checking in online, isn't there a box to check that says, "CLICK HERE TO BE ADDED TO THE AIRPORT UPGRADE LIST"

Haven't needed to do that in years so it doesn't show up for me, but I think I recall hearing something about that feature upon online checkin.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 11:09 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by wildaboutmovies
Or when checking in online, isn't there a box to check that says, "CLICK HERE TO BE ADDED TO THE AIRPORT UPGRADE LIST"

Haven't needed to do that in years so it doesn't show up for me, but I think I recall hearing something about that feature upon online checkin.
You can be added to the list by the kiosk also.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 12:24 pm

Programs: aa EXP, dl GM, mar LTPLT, hh DIA, spg PLT, ich AMB, nat EE, hertz PC
Originally Posted by wildaboutmovies

Yes there is. Also sent a note to the OP to check with someone at the airport to make sure they have him coded as a connecting upgrade request as opposed to an originating upgrade request. I take so many multi city segments that sometimes I have been coded incorrectly in the system.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.