Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage Run for Voucher

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2014, 8:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Fitch7600
I think you have to live through a bump gone bad before you can appreciate it. ....
Very good angle.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 8:35 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by bbkenney
i think it would be easier, and more fun, to take the same amount of your ticket and place a blackjack bet in Nevada, better odds too.
..than the crAAps table, Shirley...
Old Sep 30, 2014, 8:42 am

I got bumped the other day. The voucher was only $300 and they did get me on the next flight, about 2 1/2 hours later. I had the time to spare so I volunteered. FWIW, in the end, they only needed the one seat so being first in line made the difference. To be honest, though, it has been many years since I have been on a flight where the option was even offered. The other 5 or 6 volunteers got nothing except late boarding for their trouble.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 12:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
Flying out of Reno 4 weeks ago, 3 days after the last day of burning man, all flights booked, they offered $1000 to anyone willing to give up a seat - but the catch was they couldn't get you on any flight until the following day.

I didn't think of it, but should have had them check the flights leaving from Sacramento, and rented a car for the 3 hour drive, prob would have costed $150 for the car to get me there, if they had a flight available
Old Oct 2, 2014, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by LaserSailor
..than the crAAps table, Shirley...
I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.