Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New award inventories & booking codes - *Reference chart*

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2005, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by Mateo4321
does "T" for Lan flights still correspond to Y award tickets?

I'm trying to do this on expertflyer but I keep getting no results
I am not sure about the code, by I don't think expertflyer shows award inventory on LAN anyway. You can sign up on lan.com and search inventory that way, but it probably will not reflect your availability with AA miles 100%. Should be a good start, though.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by dkerr
Is the award bucket for TN business class really Z ? I'm trying to secure flights from JFK to SYD and/or AKL and/or PPT for 4 in business class next year and AA agent can find *nothing* in all Jul/Aug. If I look at expertflyer I see plenty of Z class available, but almost no I class (occasional one seat). I suspect the agent is looking in I. Should they be looking in Z?
I was told by an AAgent that the fare code for biz awards has changed (in July): supposedly, I is TN award biz now. It used to be Z until a few months ago. Not sure if that's correct, but it's the info I was given.
Old Dec 22, 2005, 5:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, MM; UA 2P
Business class awards on TN do indeed come out of the I bucket, based on booking I made yesterday.
Old Dec 22, 2005, 6:35 am
Suspended

Thanks-- I have made the change to the version of this chart in the first post of the sticky.
Old Dec 22, 2005, 6:36 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by ohioflyer
Business class awards on TN do indeed come out of the I bucket, based on booking I made yesterday.
Thank you. We verified this with a TN res agent just a few days ago and our special classes page has been edited to reflect this.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 3:17 pm

Question Upgrade Class?

Does anyone know....I am looking to upgrade (with miles) to Business on a 2-class International flight. Should be booking class "C". When I check the KVS availability tool, I don't see anything for "C". Would they be listed under a different bucket? How can I tell how many are available for upgrade? Thanks.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz 5*, Marriott PLT
Originally Posted by TravelingDuo
Does anyone know....I am looking to upgrade (with miles) to Business on a 2-class International flight. Should be booking class "C". When I check the KVS availability tool, I don't see anything for "C". Would they be listed under a different bucket? How can I tell how many are available for upgrade? Thanks.
C is a hidden class. Expert Flyer will give you availability for that class.
Old Mar 20, 2006, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, US Chairman, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IC RA
BA still U?

I've been trying to check availability on expertflyer for BA, and U gives me nada. Is that still the correct code for BA Business Class?
Old Mar 20, 2006, 6:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, UA GS, AS MVP GOLD 75K
Originally Posted by stratofortress
I've been trying to check availability on expertflyer for BA, and U gives me nada. Is that still the correct code for BA Business Class?
You cannot see award availability on BA using expertflyer, you've got to call. But yes, you are correct U is the Business Class fare code.
Old Mar 20, 2006, 7:23 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by stratofortress
Best way to check yourself is if you have access to a BAEC account and just log-in on www.ba.com and look there. Other than that or on the phone, I don't know of a way to check otherwise.
Old Mar 21, 2006, 6:26 am
LRD

Programs: AA 6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Best way to check yourself is if you have access to a BAEC account and just log-in on www.ba.com and look there. Other than that or on the phone, I don't know of a way to check otherwise.
Well, there is one other way to check some BA award inventory...

Some BA routes are listed on the QANTAS award-search engine. Their site will also display U and Z for many AA, AY, EI, and CX routes, as well as QF. Plus, if you enter something like LAX-SYD, the engine will helpfully display indirect routings, such as LAX-LHR-SYD. The engine will also display three-segment routings - I've don't recall seeing that on ba.com. And, to top it all off, as of last week the engine now saves your most-recent searches.

All in all, this is a wonderful tool for researching oneworld awards. I just booked a sixteen-segment, OW180F award using this site almost exclusively.

Last edited by LRD; Mar 21, 2006 at 6:33 am
Old Jun 8, 2006, 11:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, MM; UA 2P
Air Sahara

For partner Air Sahara (S2), economy awards are drawn from the B bucket and business class awards come from R.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've loaded this chart in the AA wiki, where's it's editeable. It's at http://www.flyertalk.com/wiki/index....an_Airlines%29 . ohioflyer: just added Air Sahara--thanks!!
Old Jun 8, 2006, 12:55 pm
Suspended

Will add to sticky as well.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 1:26 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by ohioflyer
For partner Air Sahara (S2), economy awards are drawn from the B bucket and business class awards come from R.
That's right. Validated that this past week too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.