Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New award inventories & booking codes - *Reference chart*

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2003, 4:53 am

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
This is very useful -- thanks.

FWIW, I did a very non-scientific (but fairly through) review of which airlines show award availability in Galileo by plugging in requests for availability between assorted city pairs.

My findings...

In addition to American, you can search for availability on Alaska, TAM, Air Tahiti Nui, Swissair, SN Brussels, and Grupo TACA. Other carriers do not appear to show award availability online.

[This message has been edited by snorkmaster (edited 08-07-2003).]
Old Aug 7, 2003, 7:53 am

Programs: AA EXP - 6 MM | Amex Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Diamond | IHG Spire Elite | Bonvoy Plat.
Thanks for posting the chart. Does anyone know off hand what airlines fly from Brazil to Italy or Switzerland and how many miles it would take to get there in Coach? Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 7, 2003, 9:08 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
It would take 100,000 miles. Swiss flies twice a week to ZRH. You could also take BA via LHR.
Old Aug 7, 2003, 11:02 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 777Brit:
Complete BS, in my experience. </font>
Thought so... Unfortunately, the supervisor backed that agent, so I had to change travel dates...

Thanks again!
Old Aug 7, 2003, 12:01 pm

Just wanted to say Thank You for this fantastic list. However the problem is Galileo or any other site never shows inventory in U or Z class on any of their airlines even when your dates are flexible.

Is there a way around this ?
Old Aug 7, 2003, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA 2MM PLT, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
Great list - thanks!
Old Aug 7, 2003, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 6 MM | Amex Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Diamond | IHG Spire Elite | Bonvoy Plat.
Thanks Jimchi. I thought so. I saw 100,000 miles and it seemed too high but I guess that is correct. Not worth it. Better off buying a ticket. Thanks.
Old Sep 22, 2003, 6:12 pm

Location: California, AA EXP,HH Gold,Hyatt Diamond, *wood PLT, Amex PLT,
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by swaghmar:
Just wanted to say Thank You for this fantastic list. However the problem is Galileo or any other site never shows inventory in U or Z class on any of their airlines even when your dates are flexible.

</font>
Anyone have response to this question? Trying to find First class award availability on Swiss using AA miles.
kelly786

Old Sep 22, 2003, 6:45 pm

Programs: AA Gold; HH Gold
Have you tried specifically querying 'Z' as the fare class? I know you have to specify that you want Z inventory in Galileo, otherwise it won't show it.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kelly786:
Originally posted by swaghmar:

</font>
Anyone have response to this question? Trying to find First class award availability on Swiss using AA miles.
kelly786

Old Sep 22, 2003, 7:14 pm

Note that American books international upgrades into C (business) and A (first) inventories and not U/Z. This applies for VIP03 and Mileage award upgrades.

Sticker upgrades (at 100/72/24 hours advance) for domestic flights go into X inventory. X is always at zero until the 100 hour window for EXP's open up.

DAK
Old Sep 23, 2003, 12:53 am

Location: California, AA EXP,HH Gold,Hyatt Diamond, *wood PLT, Amex PLT,
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dkerr:
Note that American books international upgrades into C (business) and A (first) inventories and not U/Z. This applies for VIP03 and Mileage award upgrades.

Sticker upgrades (at 100/72/24 hours advance) for domestic flights go into X inventory. X is always at zero until the 100 hour window for EXP's open up.

DAK
</font>
THanks for the response. I just got off the phone with "Miss Attitude-I cant help you" on Plt desk. Found "A" Availability on both BA and LX (Galileo) for my award dates but she insisted that she her screen was coming up black (perhaps she meant blank) on the same query. Oh well...Will call back and another day.
kelly786

Old Sep 23, 2003, 6:51 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, AA 2MM Platinum
I have been using the American Express tool, found at http://flyaow.com/classavailability.htm and it seems to never show the AA Z class for first class award space? Can anyone help on how I might find award space, short of the long process on the AA site?
Old Sep 23, 2003, 7:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ORDNorth:
I have been using the American Express tool, found at http://flyaow.com/classavailability.htm and it seems to never show the AA Z class for first class award space? Can anyone help on how I might find award space, short of the long process on the AA site?</font>
Try this page, which is maintained by fellow FT'er bedelman

http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/people/...ravel/galileo/

It will show AA award inventory like "Z".
Old Sep 23, 2003, 10:11 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kelly786:
Originally posted by dkerr:

DAK
</font>
THanks for the response. I just got off the phone with "Miss Attitude-I cant help you" on Plt desk. Found "A" Availability on both BA and LX (Galileo) for my award dates but she insisted that she her screen was coming up black (perhaps she meant blank) on the same query. Oh well...Will call back and another day.
kelly786

Note my comment applied to AA flights only. Other airlines may use A and C for different purposes. For example A is frequently used for round-the-world purchased tickets and C is often used for full-fare purchased business class (United Airlines for example). So you cannot interpret availability of A or C on anyone other than AA operated flights as indicative of award availability.

DAK
Old Sep 24, 2003, 2:43 am

Just to add something here regarding U inventory. U is basically used on British Airways. BA uses U to upgrade as well as U for Business Class. It comes from the same inventory.

AA on the other hand has 2 seperate inventories for upgrades & business class seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.