Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AAdvantage Passport Challenge (bonus miles via Facebook etc.)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2014, 6:39 pm

Programs: AAdvantage (since 1987) PLAT. USAir Dividend, AF Flying Blue.
I dont see any games to click on. Is this a Firefox issue, or is it down, or is it restricted to the US detecting foreign IP ????
Old Mar 22, 2014, 8:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Easy Miles!
Old Mar 22, 2014, 9:37 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
This has been great. I've earned 1,100 miles so far and if I book US on a DCA-RDU trip I need to book (on which they're the cheapest anyway), that's another 500.

Now we'll see if and when they post
Old Mar 22, 2014, 9:52 pm

Programs: UA, AA peon
Originally Posted by Fanjet
Ughhh! Does this mean one has to sign-up on Facebook in order to participate? That is something I have quite proudly avoided doing.
I'm not sure I understand your reluctance. I would never use Twitter, but that didn't stop me from signing up for an account expressly for the purpose of following/tweeting about companies that want to give me free points for doing so (including AA).

In fact, you can easily earn more free points since some of the items in this promotion involve posting about AA and their partners, which I can't stomach since my Facebook account actually has some links to real friends. No shame in being a corporate shill when you know nobody is listening anyway!
Old Mar 23, 2014, 12:19 am

Has anyone received details about the "Beat Your Goal" part of the promotion yet?

The terms state:
From March 21 to May 23, 2014- beat your personal Elite Qualifying Points goal and earn 2,500 American Airlines AAdvantageŽ bonus miles!

Simply earn Elite Qualifying Points for flying on American Airlines, US Airways, and our oneworld and other partner airlines.

You’ll see your personal goal within a few days of providing your AAdvantage number. Come back to see how you’re progressing throughout the promotion.
My details are not posted yet but I am very curious to see what the mileage requirement for this will be.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 5:14 am

The trivia questions:

Q. The new American is the world's largest airline operating nearly 6,700 flights. How many locations and countries are served?
A, With nearly 6,700 daily flights to more than 330 destinations in more than 50 countries worldwide.

Q. The new American has more hubs and more flight options. What are our combined hubs?
A. DALLAS/FORT WORTH (DFW), LOS ANGELES (LAX), NEW YORK KENNEDY (JFK), MIAMI (MIA), CHICAGO O'HARE (ORD), CHARLOTTE DOUGLAS (CLT), PHILADELPHIA (PHL) AND PHOENIX (PHX)

Q. The regional partner carriers for American Airlines and US Airways will eventually fly with a single livery and one name. What will that name be?
A. American Eagle

You just booked a flight operated by US Airways on AA.com. Where can you find information about your travel?
aa.com/findyourway

Q. You can earn AAdvantage miles when you fly on which of the following carriers?
A. All the above
Old Mar 23, 2014, 3:14 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Is anyone having trouble with the "invite a friend" referrals? I've had two friends log in through my referral link and they show up as playing, but I'm not getting that passport stamp.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by cutnana

Q. The regional partner carriers for American Airlines and US Airways will eventually fly with a single livery and one name. What will that name be?
A. American Eagle
Isn't the correct answer Envoy?
Old Mar 23, 2014, 4:56 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by Fanjet
Isn't the correct answer Envoy?
No - Envoy will be one of the carriers. So it will be "American Eagle Operated By Envoy", "American Eagle Operated by Republic Airlines", etc.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 9:39 pm

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
Has anyone received details about the "Beat Your Goal" part of the promotion yet?
Same here. It says to come back in a few days to see personal goal. How is that generated? Is it random? Is it based on flight history? I have a TPAC coming up during the promotion and would love to get the extra miles.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 11:04 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by FabrizioB
I dont see any games to click on. Is this a Firefox issue, or is it down, or is it restricted to the US detecting foreign IP ????
I have exactly the same issue. Also on Firefox.

Will try IEX.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by chrisny2
Is anyone having trouble with the "invite a friend" referrals? I've had two friends log in through my referral link and they show up as playing, but I'm not getting that passport stamp.
Are the two "friends" using the router in your house? My friend that brought his computer over to my house didn't get me the points, but my friend that was at work, got me the points.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 11:05 am

Programs: Charter/Former 4 time DL Diamond now Platinum, AAExecPlat, MM+ on three carriers, more ...
Originally Posted by Madison Guy
I don't just avoid doing it, I will not do it. Mile or no - no works fine for me based on these requirements (facebook)
I agree. Have not done Facebook. Will not do Facebook. Rather leave the miles on the table.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 11:21 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
To the people unwilling to create a facebook account: Why don't you create a "junk" account for this and other promotions? I have friends that don't have their real or full names on their "real" facebook accounts. And, many people create accounts using a different email for games and promotions and providing comments on websites that require facebook accounts. You don't have to use your real email or use your real name or upload a photo.

The rules for the promotion state: "Then provide your AAdvantageŽ number and name as they appear in your AAdvantageŽ account..." so it does not matter if your facebook account is real or not. I know its cool to rail against facebook sometimes, but in this case it is unwarranted.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 11:33 am

Programs: AA EXP
I also haven't received my personal goal.

On another note I have received all stamps under "Be social & earn completed", but my bonus stamp is not awarded. Anyone else having this issue?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.