Community
Wiki Posts
Search

You're SomeOne Special Program (SOS) - Discontinued [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2003, 5:22 pm
Suspended

Can anyone confirm if any of the FAs actually received their recommendation of good work from these emails? The SOS program was simplier as the FA would get the paper, or we could just hand it to them, and they could cash it in for free travel and other items.

In an email case, someone at AA actually has to do some work to inform the candidate.
Old Apr 24, 2003, 6:01 pm

Programs: Lifetime Plat AA, Starwood Plat 100, Hilton Diamond
That's fine if you know the name of the FA.

Many don't wear name tags, and therefore make it impossible to send a complimentary note.
Old Apr 24, 2003, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA 2MM
Jim90068, all you need to do is thank them and ask their name, I've never had any problem with this.
Shado, my son, an ex plat who tends to use the same CSR's, has had them thank him for the "letter" in later conversations. It was his suggestion to use the customer service e-mail, with the request to acknowledge that the employee receives it. From his experiences, at least, it does work.
Old Apr 24, 2003, 9:42 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by drbala:
Are Argentinians always rude?</font>
No, they're not rude ! But they lack customer service skills, that's all. This is a common trait in most of Latin America.

Oh sh**, I forgot..

Argentina is not part of Latin America..
Old Apr 24, 2003, 9:56 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by eperaltaotero:
But they lack customer service skills, that's all.</font>
Sounds like the employees at DFW to me...

Gate Agent: How can I help yaall?
Me: My flight arrived too late for me to make my connection to Los Angeles.
Gate Agent: Lemme do some lookin. It says yaalls flight arrived on-time. I reckon that wouldnt be a mistake.
Me: Well, our flight landed on-time but by the time we crossed over the runways and reached the gate, it was too late for me to make my connection.
Gate Agent: I can confirm yaalls on a flight leaving ten hours from now I reckon thats the best I can do. Yaalls are more than welcome to try standby to see if yas can get on an earlier fl-ite.
Me: WHAT?! Do you not comprehend me? I said my flight arrived late!!! I want to be booked on the next flight.
Gate Agent: Yaalls are too excited. I reckon yaalls need to come talk with me when ya settle down. Have a good day!
Old Apr 24, 2003, 10:01 pm

IMO, it's interesting that AA and HP dropped their SOS program and NW is just now starting theirs...
Old Apr 25, 2003, 3:12 am

IP,

ya'alls serious..

Funny though
Old Apr 25, 2003, 6:24 am

Location: "Did you ever see Dallas from an MD-80 at night?" just doesn't have the same ring to it...
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by IndustrialPatent:

Gate Agent: How can I help yaall?
Gate Agent: Yaalls are too excited. I reckon yaalls need to come talk with me when ya settle down. Have a good day!
</font>

It's been said that the mark of a true southern lady (or gentleman) is the ability to tell you to go %&$# yourself and make you feel as if you've been paid the most wonderful compliment.

But not all of us Texans are like that.

Now, if y'all will excuse me, I'm fixin' to go catch a plane...

[This message has been edited by SuperSlug (edited 04-25-2003).]
Old Apr 25, 2003, 6:54 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SuperSlug:
It's been said that the mark of a true southern lady (or gentleman) is the ability to tell you to go %&$# yourself and make you feel as if you've been paid the most wonderful compliment. </font>
In Detroit, we've perfected the first part of what youve said, but Ive never heard the second part :

mindless chatter between gate agents:
Gate Agent 1: Oh, and then Don told me he loved me!
Gate Agent 2: Really? Youre so lucky!
Gate Agent 1: But thats not all

Consumer: um, excuse me
Gate Agent 1: Yes?
Cumsumer: My flight arrived late and I missed my connecting flight.
Gate Agent 1: Look, I dont have %&$#!@#@ time for this, alright?
Gate Agent 2: Thank you for flying Spirit!

mindless chatter between gate agents:
Gate Agent 1: Anyway, like I started to say before I was rudely interrupted

[This message has been edited by IndustrialPatent (edited 04-25-2003).]
Old Apr 25, 2003, 8:08 am

Programs: UA-1K 2.9MM HH Diamond, BonVoy GLD Life
Ok, I can't resist, I have to put in my 2's worth.

Just to expand on Mr Peralta-Otero's comments: Yes, there is a common problem in most of Latin America about customer service. But isn't there a customer service problem rampant in the U.S. as well? Just call your local cable or wireless provider!!!!

Do not put us all Latins into the same category. For the longest time, Argentinians believed they were God's gift to the Universe. You know why Argentinians come out to the street when it is lightning? Because they think God is taking their picture. I remember many times in BA, when the Dollar and the Peso were at parity, you would go into an establishment and they would not accept Dollars, only pesos. This at a time when you could pay with either currency everywhere. Even if you took pesos to another country, such as Brazil or Chile, they would give you less for the peso than for the dollar. Argentinians were, and a lot still are, VERY ARROGANT!!! Thay have a wonderful country, full of natural resources and have wasted it away, stealing everything, even the nails from the Cross!! (a very Puerto Rican saying)

Because of events in Argentina over the past 2 years, these people have had to swallow a GIANT reality pill. Now you see them behind the counters of Subway shops in Tampa and washing cars in the parking lots at the Dolphin Mall in Miami, to name a few.

But I digress.

The fact is that not everyone in LatAm lacks good service skills, but most can learn a lot.

Old Apr 25, 2003, 8:16 am
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LatAmCommuter:
...But I digress.</font>
Ya' think??
Old Apr 25, 2003, 10:17 am

Location: Bannockburn, IL USA -- AA PLAT, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Briefly getting back to e-mailing customer service, if there is a FA that I want to commend, first of all, I tell him/her. Then I ask for her name and any employee number. I'm usually told that you only need their first name and the date/flight number.

Anyway, there's my 2 cents.
Old Nov 16, 2003, 9:34 pm

Programs: AA Life Gold, Marriott Platinum Elite
Some One Special - SOS

I was AA Gold in 2001 and just made it again this year. I still have some 2001 SOS forms lying around... Whenever I take them with me I never encounter exceptional service, and when I don't take them with me I encounter staff for which I wish I did have them to give out.

My question... are these SOS 2001 forms still worth giving out? Is the program still around or are these expired?

Has anyone been able to bribe the agents or FA's with these? Do you just give out one at a time or multiples depending on level of exceptional service?
Old Nov 16, 2003, 9:35 pm

unfortunately they killed off that program.
But you could still write a letter to AA, it's easy online with the "contact AA" section of the website. Select praise flight attendent from the pulldown menus there when you click the email link.
Old Dec 12, 2003, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA PLT/5MM; AS MVP GLD 75K; DL DM; EK SLV; HHonors DIAM; Marriott GLD
Employee recognition in a post-SOS world

Now that the SOS program has bit the dust, how is one supposed to recognize outstanding employees. I just got the employee ID# of someone I want to recognize. Now where do I go with it?

As an aside, I am no longer EXP, if that makes any difference as to where I would forward my compliment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.