FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: AA Celebrity Sightings and Related - 2000-2012 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/154265-archive-aa-celebrity-sightings-related-2000-2012-a.html)

landspeed Sep 5, 2002 3:11 pm

It was driving me nuts for a while on the JFK-LAX route that I'd see lots of people who were obviously "famous" for something- signs include: special services swarming people and kissing their a**es, random people stopping and talking to them/shaking hands, they look really familiar but you cant place them and the one time I shared an elevator at the LAX AC with an amazingly beautiful women who looked and was dressed/accessorized as though she were straight out of the pages of Vogue. It was before a red-eye, and everyone else in the terminal looked like h*ll, especially compared to her! Of course, when I boarded my flight, she was already settled into seat 1A.

Then I finally saw one I recognized-JFK-LAX July '01, but it wasn't a big deal (Caroline Rhea). She was in F, I was in J.

Then, in November I was flying LHR-JFK, and Johnny Rotten was on my flight- in coach- how punk rock. He was flying back from the Q (magazine) awards.

I was supposed to be on a LAX flight with a co-worker, who reported that Minnie Driver and Seth Green were on the flight. I saw no one of note on the one I actually took.

Pam Sep 5, 2002 5:39 pm

Several years ago, we took a company group to Las Vegas for a convention. In Dallas, Chuck Norris got on with an entourage; he sat in First Class, his fiance ended up sitting on the row a friend and I were sitting on. She was LIVID that she was in coach; kept demanding that he send his lobster back to HER.

He came back to chat with her and try to calm her down, several times. Didn't succeed; I'm not sure he ever convinced her that he wasn't keeping his lobster for himself. Apparently they were all booked in First on a flight that got cancelled or something, and ended up on a smaller plane.

He had some real fans among our group; he was polite to them. Little short guy. She spent her entire flight worrying about how she looked and that missing lobster.

bpauker Sep 5, 2002 8:09 pm

About 6 years ago in one the United concourses at ORD (not sure which one). I was waiting for my flight in the departure lounge, when I saw two people scrambling to catch a flight at the next gate. It was Jesse Jackson and his assistant/bodyguard (who knows?).

I used to play in the San Francisco Symphony Youth Orchestra. We were leaving to tour Europe one summer, but before we went, Mayor Willie Brown opened our Bon Voyage show by conducting the orchestra in a rendition of the Stars and Stripes Forever. Three days later, my parents sat in F on a UA flight SFO-IAD. They made small talk with him about having seen him a few nights earlier conducting and that their son was in the group. He wished the orchestra well, but he was otherwise not very talktive or pleasant (according to my parents).

Sep 6, 2002 4:43 am

Just got off the flight from LGB to JFK saw some guy on one of the TV Crime Shows...maybe CSI - He really seemed rather disappointed that a lot of his fellow passengers didn't seem to know who he was...he looks a lot like Gregory Hines, the tap dancer, but shorter...Any guesses????

bHbZ Sep 6, 2002 8:27 am

4/2002 LAX-EWR Coach: Dream (P Diddy's Girl Pop Group)

8/2002 LAX-EWR First: Kid Rock

bikostl Sep 6, 2002 3:26 pm

I forgot that I recently saw the Rev. Al Sharpton at JFK walking with apparently a bodygguard and an assistant. I first noticed the bodyguard and thought he carried himself like a celebrity, maybe a basketball player, so I looked at him, then noticed his companion was Al.

SuperSlug Sep 6, 2002 3:58 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by howellajohnson:
...He really seemed rather disappointed that a lot of his fellow passengers didn't seem to know who he was...he looks a lot like Gregory Hines, the tap dancer, but shorter...Any guesses????</font>
Then he'll be happy to know that I have no idea what his name is, either--but could you be talking about the guy who plays Jerry Orbach's partner on Law & Order?

landspeed Sep 6, 2002 4:28 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SuperSlug:
Then he'll be happy to know that I have no idea what his name is, either--but could you be talking about the guy who plays Jerry Orbach's partner on Law & Order?</font>
That was going to be my guess, too-
Jesse L Martin? Used to be on Ally McBeal, too, IIRC.

Gaucho100K Sep 6, 2002 4:35 pm

Some of the latam celebrities Ive travelled with:

- Susana Gimenez (EZE-MIA)
- Gabriela Sabatini (MIA-EZE)
- Guillermo Vilas (EZE-JFK)
- Diego Maradona (EZE-JFK)

SNAGold Sep 6, 2002 7:26 pm

Dick Enberg: DFW-SAN (returning home from Wimbledon)
Pat O'Brien: PHX-LAX
Steve Garvey: AE LAX-CLD (Carlsbad, CA, before AA discontinued route http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frown.gif )
Lou Diamond Phillips: LAX T3
Paul Stanley (frontman for rockgroup KISS): DFW-LAX
Sophia Loren: LAX Internat'l terminal. Passed through security in front of me. Didn't recognize her but my dad nearly fainted.
Drew Carey: LAX T4 baggage claim (collecting his own)
Eric Show (ex SD Padre/OAK A's pitcher, now deceased: SAN-OAK (Southwest flight)
Ted Leitner (SD area sports broadcaster): SAN AE terminal
The guy from the X-Files with the long blond hair and horn-rimmed glasses: LAX T3 lounge

Last but not least.....Nina Hartley (if you have to ask....don't): SW flight from OAK-LAX and the only one I bothered for an autograph http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

Agree with previous posts.....LAX is THE place for celebs. Reason enough to buy an AC membership if that's your thing.

Fishbait Sep 6, 2002 7:35 pm

AA newcomer here, first flight last week (CO defector, lol)..

Last week in FC security line in LAX:

Levar Burton (sp?). He spoke to hubby, then I had to tell him who he was!

Raymond's Mom from Everybody Loves Raymond..

Funniest experience tho... At SJU just prior to Miss Universe contest.. We were bumped and awaiting outbound, watching all the contestants arrive.. They ALL walked thru the airport with bouquets, country banners on their chests, and high heels, politely waving in that "beauty queen" way.. It was extremely amusing, as there were at least 15 of them thruout the afternoon, and they looked almost identical...

Robin

------------------
Jeez... I leave town for a month and all hell breaks loose!

B Watson Sep 7, 2002 11:10 am

I slept with Cameron Diaz

Well - technically, we slept next to each other in a two seat section on the old Transatlantic F config, but my first version is more dramatic

ccengct Sep 7, 2002 11:31 am

Bill Cosby, Mike Wallace, Garth Brooks, Goldie Hawn, Vernon Jordan, Ted Turner, Alan Greenspan.

777Brit Sep 7, 2002 1:05 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by B Watson:

I slept with Cameron Diaz
</font>
Hahahaha...in your dreams!!

B Watson Sep 7, 2002 2:27 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 777Brit:
Hahahaha...in your dreams!! </font>
How did you know what I was dreaming about on that flight !?!? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wink.gif