Wiki Posts
Search

[Friend] Locked in AA Admirals Club

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2013, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Enough
[Friend] Locked in AA Admirals Club

This did not happen to me. Rather, one of my friends posted this event on her Facebook.

Was taking a shower in the AA Club. Took a rather long time in there, and when she came out, the entire club was empty. All doors, including the emergency exit were locked. She banged on the glass door to passerbyers, who all said sorry they didn't have a key. Eventually got a hold of AA, who then called airport security. She was in there for awhile.

What would you of done, and what compensation do you think she deserves? I'm more of a Skyteam and *A man myself, and I don't know about AA, but usually they record entry into the shower rooms and presumably would knock on the shower room door and make sure all clients have left before closing.

Last edited by durberville; May 12, 2013 at 8:08 am
Old May 12, 2013, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Id be concerned that the emergency doors were locked from the inside. Seems odd.
Old May 12, 2013, 7:49 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Hmm. Some Admirals Clubs (as they are called ) even require one's boarding pass or the like before providing a key to a shower room. I'd imagine the shower room attendant would notice someone was in a shower room prior to checking out, as well. I'm not calling BS, but it seems unlikely that one would be left behind (how long a shower was it?) and that one would not even be able to use an emergency exit. Do call me skeptical.

Which Admirals Club was this supposed to have occurred at?
Old May 12, 2013, 7:53 am

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by JDiver
I'm not calling BS
I am.
Old May 12, 2013, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Hmm. Some Admirals Clubs (as they are called ) even require one's boarding pass or the like before providing a key to a shower room. I'd imagine the shower room attendant would notice someone was in a shower room prior to checking out, as well. I'm not calling BS, but it seems unlikely that one would be left behind (how long a shower was it?) and that one would not even be able to use an emergency exit. Do call me skeptical.

Don't know too many details, but in her post it showed as 'Admirals Club - Chicago G'.
Old May 12, 2013, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by tkelvin69
I am.
I am too, even if just for the approach to the matter, just because if I was "locked in" somewhere for more than 10 minutes, I'm calling the police and making them get me out. I'm not being locked in for hours. Unless they leave access to the top-shelf bar open...
Old May 12, 2013, 8:04 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
... theres a tom cruise joke in there somewhere....
Old May 12, 2013, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Old May 12, 2013, 8:07 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by averycampbell
Don't know too many details, but in her post it showed as 'Admirals Club - Chicago G'.
1. There is not a shower in the Chicago G Club.
2. The glass doors of both the Chicago G and Chicago H/K Clubs are frosted so one can't see or interact with people on the other side of the door.
Old May 12, 2013, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HNL
2. The glass doors of both the Chicago G and Chicago H/K Clubs are frosted so one can't see or interact with people on the other side of the door.
I'm just reposting what she posted.
Old May 12, 2013, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by HNL
There was no mention of physical interaction, just passengers saying they didn't have a key. The pictures are also of the H/K entrance area. I was just there yesterday, I doubt they changed recently .
Old May 12, 2013, 8:15 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me

I'm with JDiver. Call me skeptical+.

Based on my experience with the AC, as well as JAL, BA, and CX, this ranks, IMHO, as an almost impossible, highly unlikely, and almost unbelievable situation.

My "baloney meter" is dangerously close to the danger zone.
Old May 12, 2013, 8:17 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
When she posted on Facebook, she may have clicked the wrong location. Anywhere in terminal 3 @ ORD will give you the option of terminal 3, aa club g, aa club h/k, and some others food establishment. Not saying this is bs, but maybe the wrong location was selected when posting in FB. If she had time to post on FB and seek help from the online community, she certainly had time to call police for help. Something is fishy here.
Old May 12, 2013, 9:07 am

Programs: (PM)AA SPG (Marriott), Hilton
Originally Posted by Antarius
Id be concerned that the emergency doors were locked from the inside. Seems odd.
More than odd. More like illegal if it were in fact true.

The daily closing of an airline lounge may have a different process, but generally just because a place is closed to the public does not mean staff is not still inside. A restaurant or bar will close at some time and lock the doors, and staff will be cleaning the place, closing the cash register and so forth for maybe another hour.
Old May 12, 2013, 9:40 am

Programs: AA: EXP, SPG: Gold
She's looking for attention.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.