Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Friend] Locked in AA Admirals Club

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2013, 11:43 am

Programs: AA PLT 2.7 MM, DL GLD, UA Prem, BW Diamond, PC PLT, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by negs
I don't know why anyone would doubt this happened -- I can tell you that it happened to me last year at the Admirals Club at IAH. BUT, since I needed to get a hotel room anyway, I just decided to stay the night (I didn't want to leave the AC and go to the privacy of my own hotel room without first having taken a shower....that would be bad form.)

In any event, when I discovered that I was locked in, the bar was completely available to me, as well as being able to walk into the food service kitchen. Found lots of that yummy Sodexo stuff in the fridge....just heated it up and had an eight-course dinner all night long!

Entertainment? Plenty of TVs in the club.

Fortunately, I had my desk PC packed in my carry-on and I was able to set that up and Skype with family and friends....they thought it was great!!

Finally, in the morning, I was awakened by some of the employees coming in.

They thanked me profusely since I had already done the work of opening the bar and kitchen for the day (and, ultimately, after Corporate heard about it, gave me 300,000 miles for my trouble.)

Finally time to leave the club and the airport, but not till I took another shower!

Great experience......AND IT *DID* HAPPEN TO ME......don't believe me? Just Google the Houston Chronicle for April 1, 2012, and you'll see the write up that was in the paper.

Great to hear that you managed to get into the IAH Admirals club. Its been closed for many many moons now. Of course the date you gave gives all the credibility you need for you story. LOL........
Old May 13, 2013, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by shadesofgrey1x
Great to hear that you managed to get into the IAH Admirals club. Its been closed for many many moons now. Of course the date you gave gives all the credibility you need for you story. LOL........
Apparently, it was open on April 1, 2012.
Old May 13, 2013, 11:50 am

Programs: AA PLT 2.7 MM, DL GLD, UA Prem, BW Diamond, PC PLT, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
Apparently, it was open on April 1, 2012.
Yup and so was the one in TPA, although I have to say that I liked the one in TRI alot better.
Old May 13, 2013, 2:22 pm

they closed the club without cleaning the showers? And rather than call for help she took pictures and uploaded them to facebook? BS
Old May 13, 2013, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA; Marriott; SPG; HH
If she can post that message and has AC access, couldn't she call AA or the number on the back of her AC card?

Lies and the lying liars who tell those lies.
Old May 13, 2013, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA; Marriott; SPG; HH
And just like that - a quest for attention became a skewering.

I ♥ FT
Old May 13, 2013, 2:48 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Crime and Punishment

(Humor on) I feel OP should force this woman to appear before us, where she can confess her crimes, and accept her punishment.

Punishment could include:

Either NO Facebook for the rest of her natural life, or 100% Facebook 24/7/365 for the rest of her natural life.

(Insert YOUR punishment of choice here)___________________________ (Humor off)

(Serious hat ON) OP: I hope you have learned something from this about your "peer", that will help you in your career. Unfortunately, people like her, while they may fly AA, also tend to have a nasty tendancy to ....a-peer.... as supervisors and managers. Bon chance, mon ami. (Serious hat OFF)
Old May 13, 2013, 2:51 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by badjuju
And just like that - a quest for attention became a skewering.

I ♥ FT
It's a skewering ONLY if she knows.
Old May 13, 2013, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Enough
Originally Posted by Dallas49er
It's a skewering ONLY if she knows.
I don't want to embarrass her. Though, it is good to know that she has these tendencies.
Old May 13, 2013, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA (PPro/3MM/Admirals Club), AS, UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors (Gold), Accor (Plat)
Did she wake up in a tub of ice with a kidney removed?
Old May 13, 2013, 6:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 8 MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tkelvin69
I am.
Ummmm I don't know. My parents were always telling me about the reasons I shouldn't take LONG showers !
Old May 13, 2013, 6:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, AA. Plasticy things! That give me, y'know, Stuff!
Originally Posted by LINDEGR
I am just so happy that you were properly compensated!
I'd be willing to be there when they yelled they were closing and settle for 50,000 points in compensation. Who do I complain to about that?
Old May 13, 2013, 8:20 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by averycampbell
You're all welcome for the good laugh! I'm tempted to forward this URL to her, but she's more of a peer than a friend...
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
Email it anonymously.
Hmm. She might not be able to figure out how to get out of a locked AC, but considering the poster's name, she might just figure that one out.

Last edited by solosf; May 13, 2013 at 8:22 pm Reason: typo
Old May 13, 2013, 8:47 pm

You've been punked

It's funny that when I have posted about actual events that happened on 3 American Airlines flights, the thread is closed and I harassed by a Flyer Talk moderator, but when a thread is created that obviously a "punked" thread, it is allowed to continue to appear on FlyerTalk.

FYI, all FlyerTalkers that responded to this post, you have been "punked"

It appears the moderators and others aren't that Internet savvy as it relates to being punked.

soccer

P.S. If this post is deleted, it will just prove that I was correct in my previous statements.
Old May 13, 2013, 11:40 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
I've repeatedly tried to sneak into staying in the AC past closing in an attempt to avoid a hotel cost and attempt to receive many miles in compensation for being locked in overnight -- it's much more difficult than most of you are giving credit for

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.