Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2013, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Bonjour!
Old May 12, 2013, 1:08 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Fortunately I did find a good meter (using the Internet, of course!) that used proper English - the alternative was too bland, had too much sodium and nitrates.

Maybe the meter deflection better illustrates my skepticism, however.

I just know what I've gone through in a number of Admirals Clubs to get a shower - and my own desire to get the job done, as the only place I might want to spend the night would be The Wing's cabana suites at HKG:

Cathay Pacific "The Wing" Cabana at HKG

Last edited by JDiver; May 12, 2013 at 1:15 pm
Old May 12, 2013, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by averycampbell
Sadly, I too am realizing the holes in her story...
She's your friend - call her up and call her out. Grill her - tell her how embarrassed you are for trusting her and posting her story on Flyertalk, where everybody knew better. Ask her for details on the salient points.
Old May 12, 2013, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Enough
Originally Posted by gemac
She's your friend - call her up and call her out. Grill her - tell her how embarrassed you are for trusting her and posting her story on Flyertalk, where everybody knew better. Ask her for details on the salient points.
^
Old May 12, 2013, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
She's in an Admiral's Club; her schedule is such that she's showering there, and she doesn't have a cell phone? 9-1-1 would get her out right quick.

I'm with JDiver.

Lock the thread and let it die. We've been had.
Old May 12, 2013, 2:24 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
But if she claims to sing Whitney Houston songs loudly in the shower, THEN I'd believe the story.
Old May 12, 2013, 2:44 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Mods-Please don't lock us in (pun intended)!

This has the potential to become as viral and as entertaining as:.......

DRUMROLL.......................................... ..

The world famous "POOPY DIAPERS!

OBTW-Thanks to JDiver for posting pictures of the smaller version of his bathroom at home.

Conspiracy theory:That was the bathroom OP's friend was in. She just changed the city.

Last edited by Dallas49er; May 12, 2013 at 4:03 pm
Old May 12, 2013, 3:14 pm

Too many people over-dramatize the truth on their FB posts!
Old May 12, 2013, 3:37 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
9-1-1 would get her out right quick.
In a worst case scenario, I've never seen a firefighter that could not successfully get into a structure. Of course, there might be a little damage in the process, but if the captive was having a medical emergency or panic attack, someone in authority would make entry and not wait for an employee to show up with a key.

Having said that, is there really no way to exit the H/K AC when it's closed? No single door anywhere leading out to the concourse that can be opened with a pushbar?

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
if I was "locked in" somewhere for more than 10 minutes, I'm calling the police and making them get me out.
When I worked at BART Police in the 80s it was not unusual to have passengers locked in a train station call the police, generally because of an oversight by an employee locking up after midnight. In those cases we would direct the passenger out the emergency exit and they'd be on their way. Every train station had at least one emergency exit.
Old May 12, 2013, 4:00 pm
formerly known as felinaar

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
I would tell your friend to take shorter showers. Complaints like this that lead to compensation claims would probably discourage airlines from installing showers in future clubs.
Old May 12, 2013, 4:05 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
Too many people over-dramatize the truth on their FB posts!
FACEBOOK........creates a vacuum.
Old May 12, 2013, 4:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Emergency exits locked from inside and no phones, including cell phone, available? Yep, that happened.
Old May 12, 2013, 4:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
Perhaps instead of updating Facebook, she should of tweeted @AmericanAir
Old May 12, 2013, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
Emergency exits locked from inside and no phones, including cell phone, available? Yep, that happened.
Totally happened, man. Totally. I'll be they took her cell phone on their way out. Her clothes, too. Then they locked her in. This is the stuff of internet legend!
Old May 12, 2013, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides
This is a true story. I read it on the internet.
Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy
Frankly I'm puzzled by all the skepticism. What more proof do you need, other than "it was posted on Facebook"? Does Facebook even allow bogus stories?
Not only that, but it was posted on FT. What more proof do we need that it's true?

OTOH, perhaps something got lost in translation from the friend's actual experience to the Facebook post. Very possibly the post deserves to register high on JD's bovine meter, but maybe some grain of truth buried in the pile.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.