Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Friend] Locked in AA Admirals Club

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2013, 12:27 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott PLT, SPG PLT, AA EXP, Virgin Elevate
story is BS... same scenario has been posted on other threads... ummm this did not happen to me but posted on my friends Facebook page...

Originally Posted by averycampbell
This did not happen to me. Rather, one of my friends posted this event on her Facebook.

Was taking a shower in the AA Club. Took a rather long time in there, and when she came out, the entire club was empty. All doors, including the emergency exit were locked. She banged on the glass door to passerbyers, who all said sorry they didn't have a key. Eventually got a hold of AA, who then called airport security. She was in there for awhile.

What would you of done, and what compensation do you think she deserves? I'm more of a Skyteam and *A man myself, and I don't know about AA, but usually they record entry into the shower rooms and presumably would knock on the shower room door and make sure all clients have left before closing.
Old May 14, 2013, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by makfan
Did she wake up in a tub of ice with a kidney removed?

Mike
Old May 14, 2013, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
You're all welcome for the good laugh! I'm tempted to forward this URL to her, but she's more of a peer than a friend...
This did not happen to me. Rather, one of my friends posted this event on her Facebook.
She was a friend when you started this thread. I would not revoke her friendship status just because you fell for her story - that's more about you than about her.
Old May 14, 2013, 10:57 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by gemac
She was a friend when you started this thread. I would not revoke her friendship status just because you fell for her story - that's more about you than about her.
True dat.

However, going forward, ... http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/...d+is+forearmed.

Peace out, homes.

(insert picture of elderly caucasian male in suit speaking urbanely, or was that ... urban?)
Old May 14, 2013, 10:29 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Are you sure this was not her status update:

"Last thing I remember, I was running for the door. I had to find the passage back to the place I was before; "Relax, " said the night man, "We are programmed to receive. You can check-out any time you like, But you can never leave!""
Old May 14, 2013, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer

"Last thing I remember, I was running for the door. I had to find the passage back to the place I was before; "Relax, " said the night man, "We are programmed to receive. You can check-out any time you like, But you can never leave!""
It was in Chicago.
Old May 15, 2013, 7:39 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
^
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer

Old May 15, 2013, 10:36 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
I think it has been pretty much debunked about whether this actually happened.

I do want to point out that there are people who crave or seek some sort of attention, and feel a need to make statements that are exaggerated or plain untrue.

Case in point: I know a friend who took a photo of the gate where her SQ flight was to depart... she stated she had a business class seat and when she boarded and saw first class empty, she claimed she asked the FA if she could sit up front, and the FA said to go ahead. It's a bit hard to believe given how SQ is protective of their product, and she would post a photo of the gate, but not of her free upgrade. Then there was the other time when she said she was upgraded on UA from Y to Business First on a 14 hr international flight for BOTH outbound and return. Understandably op-ups occur, but she was only Gold Premier status; I find it hard to believe that a 1K or Platinum wouldn't be in front of her for an op-up.

Short story: be wary of friends (or anyone for that matter) making claims on the internet. Some of them just want the attention.

Old May 15, 2013, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld
I think it has been pretty much debunked about whether this actually happened.

I do want to point out that there are people who crave or seek some sort of attention, and feel a need to make statements that are exaggerated or plain untrue.

Case in point: I know a friend who took a photo of the gate where her SQ flight was to depart... she stated she had a business class seat and when she boarded and saw first class empty, she claimed she asked the FA if she could sit up front, and the FA said to go ahead. It's a bit hard to believe given how SQ is protective of their product, and she would post a photo of the gate, but not of her free upgrade. Then there was the other time when she said she was upgraded on UA from Y to Business First on a 14 hr international flight for BOTH outbound and return. Understandably op-ups occur, but she was only Gold Premier status; I find it hard to believe that a 1K or Platinum wouldn't be in front of her for an op-up.

Short story: be wary of friends (or anyone for that matter) making claims on the internet. Some of them just want the attention.

How could she even see if F was empty on SQ? I guess I'm used to the suites configuration, but you can barely see what's going on in F when boarding (if they are boarding through the main floor, and you have to use the stairs (I guess I am thinking of the A380) to get to Business). Most of the time, Business boards through the top deck, and you can't see F. Wev. The only time I got to sit in an F seat after a J flight on SQ was after Sandy. They deplaned us without a jetway, and I had to climb down the stairs on foot after everyone else had done so (a slow and unpleasant process) with a lot of assistance. Then, I had to wait for a crane (basically) to offload me from the plane onto a bus. The CC had my husband and me wait in a Suite for the 20 minutes or so it took for the crane and bus to arrive and get everything ready to get us off the plane. It was lovely, and several members of the CC commented to my husband, "So, maybe next time, just in case, so your wife can avoid the stairs, you'll fly Suites instead of J, right?"
Old May 15, 2013, 1:39 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
As posts are getting off-topic and repetitive, I think it's time to let this thread rest. Thank you all for your comments, suggestions, and anecdotes for the OP. /Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.