Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA's first 77W spotted at Paine Field; new livery speculation

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2012, 2:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by pineapplejet
It's def intentional and not a first. Boeing once did their logo with a 787.

of all the speculations i've seen so far, this is actually my favorite. especially the one that just says AMERICAN! awesome, minimalistic, simple, none of that fancy bullock.
Boeing test pilots like to show off stuff like this. It was a test flight for American Airlines and seems very likely intentional. I really do like Boeing engineers as it represents one of the few American firms best of breed right now. The teams did amazing work contributing to the 777 project.

American's 777 order was very meaningful. It will be nice to see these planes finally arriving and put into usage.

I remember how I said I wouldn't fly AA due to the bankruptcy but yet someone else I knew said they flew AA regularly and after seeing the 777 orders come in, I really do think AA's 777 service will be really nice.

AA has a lot going for it in the future once it cleans the bankruptcy off its slate for the future.

Really just 3 American carriers left at JFK for the most part with few exceptions who are too small to count. But we are essentially down to say 3 carriers with some overlap of routes, Delta, American and Jetblue.

As far as the livery speculation, I am reading it just like everyone else, but I know it will be nice. We will see it soon as they start to get delivered.

The history of airline livery is huge. Multiple liveries and redesigns all the time.

Last edited by adamj023; Nov 21, 2012 at 2:46 pm
Old Nov 21, 2012, 3:09 pm

of all the speculations i've seen so far, this is actually my favorite. especially the one that just says AMERICAN! awesome, minimalistic, simple, none of that fancy bullock.
Thanks! As you say it's speculative - or at least somewhere between what I think they'd do and what I'd like to see.

Originally Posted by IflyonAA
Any chance of you doing one with blue AA on tail?

I like it.
Here you go:

Old Nov 21, 2012, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP
The bottom one - that's the best I've seen yet.

Larger American logo on fuselage to aid recognition after rebrand - similar to Emirates change of size in the late 90s/early 2000s.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 3:30 pm

Programs: 0.4MM
Almost seems like a shame to put the purple OneWorld logo on that.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by IflyonAA
Larger American logo on fuselage to aid recognition after rebrand - similar to Emirates change of size in the late 90s/early 2000s.
Perhaps on that basis something like this would work for the tail...

Old Nov 21, 2012, 4:12 pm
Suspended

No matter what it turns out to be, seeing it at JFK will be really nice for everyone at this airport who will make use of these planes.

Traveling on them is going to be quite good.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 4:18 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ZSOFN

Can you put "AMERICAN" in red on the blue-tailed 777?
Old Nov 21, 2012, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExP, DL Diamond, AF Plat, AS 75K, Hertz #1 Gold, National Executive, SPG Gold
Talking

Originally Posted by ZSOFN

I wonder if that Tom Horton guy and his gangs instructed Boeing to drag their first bird out with the base and waiting for the spy pics to be picked up by all the plane aficionados and all of us will speculate on the new livery and throw in ideas and even renderings!
This is probably the cheapest rebranding effort in history! and FREE focus group! (that delay due to chair? probably probably because they haven't seen what they like here and that announcement was made when no one was contributing to this post)

now that's a conspiracy theory.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 4:32 pm
Suspended

I wonder if that Tom Horton guy and his gangs instructed Boeing to drag their first bird out with the base and waiting for the spy pics to be picked up by all the plane aficionados and all of us will speculate on the new livery and throw in ideas and even renderings!
This is probably the cheapest rebranding effort in history! and FREE focus group! (that delay due to chair? probably probably because they haven't seen what they like here and that announcement was made when no one was contributing to this post)

now that's a conspiracy theory.
Well from my perspective, I always had a true liking for the 777's and only AA went with them for my airport so I like AA a lot more now especially as it finishes down its bankruptcy process.

As far as what it looks like, does it really matter that much? You can paint it any way you want. The 777 is an amazing plane.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by 14940674
Can you put "AMERICAN" in red on the blue-tailed 777?
Not sure if it'd fit all that well - I've had a go but can't get it to look right. As per a thread on airliners.net where these are being discussed, here's a "ribbon"-based set of variations:

Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:45 pm
hmv

I love the designs that you are posting. With the app-logo going blue/white I think nr 1 would be a very realistic bet.

Two comments from my side:
-I think we will have "American" as part of the livery.
-Aircraft registration on a rather strange spot, compared with this (which would mess-up the position of your ribbons): http://www.flickr.com/photos/microvolt/8098553527/
Old Nov 22, 2012, 6:16 pm

Perhaps it's just due to reflections or the weather at the time, but it sure looks like the tail has been repainted to grey instead of the white we've seen in past photos.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 6:23 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hmv
I love the designs that you are posting. With the app-logo going blue/white I think nr 1 would be a very realistic bet.

Two comments from my side:
-I think we will have "American" as part of the livery.
-Aircraft registration on a rather strange spot, compared with this (which would mess-up the position of your ribbons): http://www.flickr.com/photos/microvolt/8098553527/
AA's marketing machine is doing a good job making others wonder what the livery will look like. I read the article by the CEO about this livery change.

The new 777's are essentially AA's flagship airplanes and AA is going through changes with the bankruptcy reemergence.

Whenever I've seen a plane in the past I have seen the metallic shiny planes myself. Airplane liveries to me aren't that important, but I will say the new livery is actually more pleasing to the eye and I am surprised they used the shiny metallic on their jets to begin with. According to management, the shiny paints can't be used on the new planes which contain carbon fiber based materials.

Not sure why AA went with its previous livery to begin with. Reminded me of the past era of chrome filled automobiles.

While this link is for the A320 based planes, it probably will closely resemble this if not be identical.

http://www.airlinereporter.com/wp-co...7/AAa320b1.jpg

Last edited by adamj023; Nov 22, 2012 at 6:33 pm
Old Nov 22, 2012, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExP, DL Diamond, AF Plat, AS 75K, Hertz #1 Gold, National Executive, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by adamj023
AA's marketing machine is doing a good job making others wonder what the livery will look like.
While this link is for the A320 based planes, it probably will closely resemble this if not be identical.

http://www.airlinereporter.com/wp-co...7/AAa320b1.jpg
Oh please no. I will PRAY.
Because the marketing machine is doing such a good job they cannot disappoint. and the biggest disappointment would be that bloody pin strip. God I can't stand those pin strips anymore. Enough with the nostalgic and get with the time.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 7:10 pm
Suspended

Oh please no. I will PRAY.
Because the marketing machine is doing such a good job they cannot disappoint. and the biggest disappointment would be that bloody pin strip. God I can't stand those pin strips anymore. Enough with the nostalgic and get with the time.
We will see. I personally don't know what AA will do, but I do know everyone on here is still guessing and the plane obviously hasn't been put into service yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.