Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA's first 77W spotted at Paine Field; new livery speculation

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2012, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by itchief
2nd AA 777-300 makes it's first flight.

http://boeing-test-flights.blogspot.com/
Can't wait to fly one of them in 2013!

(hopefully the livery won't look like that awful AeroFlot disaster on the previous page!!)
Old Nov 15, 2012, 9:42 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by pineapplejet
The seats caused a 7 week delay so presumably they are painting it and installing J and Y seats, and testing it? Just waiting for the F seats to come in and voila we are good to go?
It's a little more complicated than that.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Global Entry
i love that new livery that's being speculated about.

i find myself checking flyertalk almost every day to see if this thread has been updated. i want to see these new birds painted!
Old Nov 16, 2012, 1:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExP, DL Diamond, AF Plat, AS 75K, Hertz #1 Gold, National Executive, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by itchief
2nd AA 777-300 makes it's first flight.

http://boeing-test-flights.blogspot.com/
Aaaaaaaand the pictures are out

http://paineairport.com/kpae5617.htm
http://paineairport.com/kpae5615.htm

beautiful bird in its green primer. N718AN
Old Nov 19, 2012, 1:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExP, DL Diamond, AF Plat, AS 75K, Hertz #1 Gold, National Executive, SPG Gold
Continuing the speculation, AA just updated the logo of their mobile app.

went from the baby blue background with AA and the stylized eagle to a blue background with both AA and the eagle in white.

the entired UI is new including the fonts used in the UI
Old Nov 19, 2012, 5:32 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus

went from the baby blue background with AA and the stylized eagle to a blue background with both AA and the eagle in white.

I noticed that too! Fonts look much more "modern"... Though the actual app changes appear to be solely cosmetic, it seems much fresher.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 8:10 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb

The color palette and the softer fonts are very similar to the new interface for the check-in kiosks that rolled out last week. I wonder if a similar refresh is in store for AA.com?
Old Nov 19, 2012, 8:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz PC, AMEX PLT

Looks closer to US
Old Nov 19, 2012, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Microwave
I noticed that too! Fonts look much more "modern"... Though the actual app changes appear to be solely cosmetic, it seems much fresher.
not solely cosmetic if you are looking at the iPad version. some fancy stuff there. But if iPhone, yes, solely cosmetic.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 9:52 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
not solely cosmetic if you are looking at the iPad version. some fancy stuff there. But if iPhone, yes, solely cosmetic.
You got me there--I was just looking at the iPhone app. iPad will be updated once I finish digging myself out of this email pit I've been in all day!
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:10 am

Programs: The Golden status boy
Not a huge fan of the new iPad app. It looks like a website that has a ton of cool flash going on to spice up the fact that it's limited in information.

The color pallette of both looks bland...like Windows 95 bland
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:29 am

Programs: BA.GGL/SK.D/AFKL.Ulti
Glad AA is taking a clean modern approach to the rebranding (in the IOS app at least)... I particularly like info overlaid on pictures of destination city skylines... nice touch, makes me think of the VS website.

Let's just hope the livery goes in a similar direction...
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by spankytoes
Not a huge fan of the new iPad app. It looks like a website that has a ton of cool flash going on to spice up the fact that it's limited in information.

The color pallette of both looks bland...like Windows 95 bland
Exactly. An app that does very little, "so let's dress it up to cover up its shortcomings."
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:16 pm
Suspended

Nice bird. Saw AA material on the new 777-300ER and it is very nice. Slightly longer range, I think it has an open bar on it, and a really nice interior.

Glad to see AA finally improving their fleet. The Long haul flights burn the most fuel and have the most competition and they have a lot of nice 777's coming in for 2013.

"A walk-up bar stocked with snacks and refreshments – a first for any U.S. carrier"

I think this is for premium seats though, not sure. But competition on long haul premium is what AA is going for with these flights and there is intense competition.

Last edited by adamj023; Nov 20, 2012 at 12:59 pm
Old Nov 21, 2012, 2:48 am
Original Poster

From PaineField:

WE301 Experimental American Airlines N717AN departing on a flight to Grant County Airport.

http://paineairport.com/kpae5630.htm
http://paineairport.com/kpae5631.htm

or whatever that means

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.