Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA's first 77W spotted at Paine Field; new livery speculation

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2012, 2:59 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by adamj023

"A walk-up bar stocked with snacks and refreshments – a first for any U.S. carrier"
Sorry - I thought that they had bars (piano bars) on those DC10s years ago? I actually like the "Aeroflot" look that is shown - whatever they do it's been a long time since there was any major change.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 3:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH gold
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Sorry - I thought that they had bars (piano bars) on those DC10s years ago? I actually like the "Aeroflot" look that is shown - whatever they do it's been a long time since there was any major change.
Continental had an on-board 'pub' on their DC10's. TW had one on the 747-100's, according to my quick google-fu.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 4:04 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Nice bird. Saw AA material on the new 777-300ER and it is very nice. Slightly longer range, I think it has an open bar on it, and a really nice interior.

Glad to see AA finally improving their fleet. The Long haul flights burn the most fuel and have the most competition and they have a lot of nice 777's coming in for 2013.

"A walk-up bar stocked with snacks and refreshments – a first for any U.S. carrier"

I think this is for premium seats though, not sure. But competition on long haul premium is what AA is going for with these flights and there is intense competition.
The bar is indeed only for premium cabin passengers.

--------------------

This thread is geared more toward discussion and speculation surrounding the new livery. For general discussions about the new 77W, its interior layout and amenities, please use this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ed-2012-a.html. Thank you!

~Moderator
Old Nov 21, 2012, 4:05 am

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
AA did have piano bars on 747-100s, mainly because the 747s were introduced in the early seventies, when (a) they were way too big for most routes and (b) fares were regulated so airlines could only compete on service.

The AA piano bar is shown in this blog post
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/unroad...747-piano-bar/

Though the airline is not named, I recall seeing the same photo in a book about AA years ago, and you can cross-reference with the piano-less AA ad shown immediately below it.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 6:57 am

Here's a rather speculative mockup from me based on what we've seen in Everett so far, assuming a couple of things:

- red accent colour looks like it may be dropped
- darker grey parts below are a reflective silver paint

Billboard version:
Old Nov 21, 2012, 8:37 am
Original Member

Programs: AA-EXP (15yrs) 3+MM , exDLPlt, exCOPlt, Cruiseaholic (250+)
Just flew DFW-LHR - didn't see a flight attendant for hours. With the walk-up bar service, chances are they will be even more rare. What's next - a buffet where you serve yourself?
Old Nov 21, 2012, 8:38 am

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by pineapplejet
From PaineField:

WE301 Experimental American Airlines N717AN departing on a flight to Grant County Airport.

http://paineairport.com/kpae5630.htm
http://paineairport.com/kpae5631.htm

or whatever that means
Interesting....if you look at the Flight Aware map for that flight, it's path formed what appears to be a big letter "A"

Flight Aware N717AN Flight Path
Old Nov 21, 2012, 8:42 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by MiamiFlyer
Just flew DFW-LHR - didn't see a flight attendant for hours. With the walk-up bar service, chances are they will be even more rare. What's next - a buffet where you serve yourself?
I take the opposite view. BA have a bar (Club Kitchen) while AA don't, and I don't feel that I see BA or AA FAs more or less often on average--it comes down to the individual, and there are hard workers and lazy employees in the flight attendant ranks of every airline. At the end of the day, at least when I'm on BA Club World and I get a lazy FA, I can go get myself another glass of wine rather than pester someone in the galley. ^
Old Nov 21, 2012, 8:45 am
Original Member

Programs: AA-EXP (15yrs) 3+MM , exDLPlt, exCOPlt, Cruiseaholic (250+)
Originally Posted by Microwave
I take the opposite view. BA have a bar (Club Kitchen) while AA don't, and I don't feel that I see BA or AA FAs more or less often on average--it comes down to the individual, and there are hard workers and lazy employees in the flight attendant ranks of every airline. At the end of the day, at least when I'm on BA Club World and I get a lazy FA, I can go get myself another glass of wine rather than pester someone in the galley. ^
I don't consider asking a flight attendant for a cup of coffee "pestering them" - after all, they are working, aren't they?
Old Nov 21, 2012, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by spankytoes
Not a huge fan of the new iPad app.
I believe that the new AA iPhone app requires iOS 5, which I am not installing.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by MiamiFlyer
I don't consider asking a flight attendant for a cup of coffee "pestering them" - after all, they are working, aren't they?
Pardon my vernacular. Whatever you prefer to call it, I'd rather serve myself another glass of wine than go to the galley to be served.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 8:57 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by ZSOFN
Here's a rather speculative mockup from me based on what we've seen in Everett so far, assuming a couple of things:

Billboard version:
Any chance of you doing one with blue AA on tail?

I like it.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:10 am
hmv

How about bringing the old "Luxuryliner" back underneath the cockpitwindows?
Old Nov 21, 2012, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExP, DL Diamond, AF Plat, AS 75K, Hertz #1 Gold, National Executive, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Robt760
Interesting....if you look at the Flight Aware map for that flight, it's path formed what appears to be a big letter "A"

Flight Aware N717AN Flight Path
It's def intentional and not a first. Boeing once did their logo with a 787.

Originally Posted by ZSOFN

of all the speculations i've seen so far, this is actually my favorite. especially the one that just says AMERICAN! awesome, minimalistic, simple, none of that fancy bullock.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pineapplejet
It's def intentional and not a first. Boeing once did their logo with a 787.
Here's a story with picture: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1274778.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.