Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA's first 77W spotted at Paine Field; new livery speculation

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2012, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Let's hope that they gave more thought to the livery than they did to the "enhanced" new booking process on AA.com.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:04 am

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Let's hope that they gave more thought to the livery than they did to the "enhanced" new booking process on AA.com.

Or the person who picked out new plates, bowls, & mugs for Int'l business (all white & generic). At least have the logo on the mug!
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Wingtipflyer1
Or the person who picked out new plates, bowls, & mugs for Int'l business (all white & generic). At least have the logo on the mug!
No logo = less theft. Go out for a nice meal in a big city and generally, the dinnerware isn't emblazoned with the name of the restaurant.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 4:24 pm
hmv

The eagle on the tail will probably be gone:
"This is a symbol of change, not simply a change of symbol" according to Horton in his presentation to the APA (Slide 26).

Also interesting to notice is the redacted map on slide 31-35..especially compared to the youtube movie AA posted online recently: http://youtu.be/tSNH2ujzXE4?t=35s If you check very carefully, you can see Belgium is marked with a route from Chicago or New York on the map..interesting..

Full presentation can be found here: http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/f...c.-13-2012.pdf

Last edited by hmv; Dec 17, 2012 at 4:32 pm
Old Dec 17, 2012, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by hmv
The eagle on the tail will probably be gone:
"This is a symbol of change, not simply a change of symbol" according to Horton in his presentation to the APA (Slide 26).
If successful, the "symbol of change" will become just the everyday symbol of the company, so it is better to pick a symbol for the long term, not based on a short-term desire to send a message or to denote change. Years ago I worked for a company that executed a large-scale merger with one of its major competitors, and picked a new name for the company to denote unity. Of course, the company has been stuck with that name ever since.

Originally Posted by hmv
Also interesting to notice is the redacted map on slide 31-35..especially compared to the youtube movie AA posted online recently: http://youtu.be/tSNH2ujzXE4?t=35s If you check very carefully, you can see Belgium is marked with a route from Chicago or New York on the map..interesting..
AA used to fly ORD-BRU and JFK-BRU. Maybe one of those routes is coming back, or maybe it's an old map?

Originally Posted by hmv
Full presentation can be found here: http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/f...c.-13-2012.pdf
Thanks for the link.

Interesting that the slides are marked "HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL - RESTRICTED DISSEMINATION ONLY." I wonder if they were leaked or if someone just forgot to remove the mark?
Old Dec 17, 2012, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Most interesting part of the presentation I thought was this:
  • 70% of American’s revenue comes from just 25% of customers
  • Investment in products and services that high value customers desire

This really explains the recent moves marginalizing the gold status level in favor of value added services (ie credit card programs and the new priority aacess packages).

Also interesting was that they list HKG as one of their top hubs for high-value passengers but no AA metal currently flies there. I wonder if they are planning new routes for 2013?
Old Dec 17, 2012, 5:27 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by norf9

Also interesting was that they list HKG as one of their top hubs for high-value passengers but no AA metal currently flies there. I wonder if they are planning new routes for 2013?

I read that slide as OW markets.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by HNL
I read that slide as OW markets.
Yes, but only two cities on the list: Hong Kong and Singapore don't have AA metal flying to them. Given the previous comments makes me wonder if they want to more directly capture the revenue rather than leaving it to the OW partners.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by anabolism
Interesting that the slides are marked "HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL - RESTRICTED DISSEMINATION ONLY." I wonder if they were leaked or if someone just forgot to remove the mark?
I think someone just forgot to remove the mark, considering all the "[Redacted]" all over the place.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt DM, SPG GLD, Hertz 5*, AMEX PLT, GE
Also exciting that Middle East/India/Africa is included on the [redacted] new routes page. Definite suggestion that the 77W may fly to DXB, CPT/JNB, or back to DEL. woo!
Old Dec 17, 2012, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by norf9
Yes, but only two cities on the list: Hong Kong and Singapore don't have AA metal flying to them. Given the previous comments makes me wonder if they want to more directly capture the revenue rather than leaving it to the OW partners.
And BKK, HKT, CAN, SGN, HAN as well.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, EBS GLD, A|Club PLT, CC Silver, HH GLD
Also notice that:

BDA is being serviced out of MIA...
MVD is connected to EZE...
FCO is serviced by JFK & ORD...
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:53 pm

I love how Oneworld dominates the premium market!!

Why is there a recent craze to have AA fly to HKG rather than CX ( from Dallas)

is the AA service superior to CX!!?
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:59 pm

also doe sit not make sense for AA to let CX serve HKG and thus enable it to have aircraft to fly to other Chinese/Asian destinations that will have huge growth in the future(far higher than HKG+ plus CX thrashes United on these routes so the same will happen to AA)
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:04 pm

Slide 19 has a graph of the largest worldwide premium markets, and it looks like it is color-coded; everywhere else orange represents AA and blue everyone else. Hong Kong is orange while Paris and Frankfurt are blue. I'm not sure if this means that AA plans to start flying to HKG and drop CDG and FRA, or if the colors just mean something else in this graph.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.