FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Complimentary Inflight Wi-Fi [2012] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1342638-complimentary-inflight-wi-fi-2012-a.html)

gemac Jun 27, 2012 1:57 pm

Whole Gogo thing appears to be a tempest in a teapot to me. I've flown 70K BIS miles so far this year, and this week, I got my first segment on a Gogo equipped flight - a whopping 550 mile segment. Until AA gets more Gogo equipped aircraft, it seems to me that this will just alert the new UA EXPs that Gogo is not something you can expect on a flight.

MiamiAirport Formerly NY George Jun 27, 2012 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by gemac (Post 18831325)
Whole Gogo thing appears to be a tempest in a teapot to me. I've flown 70K BIS miles so far this year, and this week, I got my first segment on a Gogo equipped flight - a whopping 550 mile segment. Until AA gets more Gogo equipped aircraft, it seems to me that this will just alert the new UA EXPs that Gogo is not something you can expect on a flight.

I'd would do the monthly rate but for this reason and the inability to stream content. On certain longer routes where the IFE is some boring guy finds girl, girl dumps guy, guy gets girl back movie.

bdben Jun 29, 2012 7:53 pm

Wi-Fi Coupon

If anyone has excess coupons that they received that they don't plan on using, I am flying tomorrow evening on a Wi-Fi enabled flight and would appreciate a "donation" of a code via PM. I was EXP back in 2002 and have had no status with AA since then. Too bad they aren't matching AP Elite like they are UA 1K, since I just moved to Chicago from Toronto.

drdarjd Jul 7, 2012 11:13 am

GOGO Code

What is a lifetime gold?

I just made platinum and have not received a thing. Was it by email?

I'm Lifetime Gold and got the 40 pass email[/QUOTE]

ksweeney Jul 7, 2012 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by bdben (Post 18845630)
If anyone has excess coupons that they received that they don't plan on using, I am flying tomorrow evening on a Wi-Fi enabled flight and would appreciate a "donation" of a code via PM. I was EXP back in 2002 and have had no status with AA since then. Too bad they aren't matching AP Elite like they are UA 1K, since I just moved to Chicago from Toronto.

Have you called and asked? It doesn't hurt to try! The fact that you are coming from Canada to the U.S. may allow other options. I only recently earned Executive Platinum again after a few years of absense when I flew mostly DL. AA said "no" to my request for matching DL Diamond (125,000 mile level) but since I was so close to making Executive Platinum when I made the request that I didn't pursue it and simply waited until I earned it. AA was not actively seeking out defecting DL Diamonds like they are currently seeking UA 1K passengers, but your case may be different coming from a Canadian carrier.

rest0r Jul 24, 2012 11:49 am

I believe this offer is pretty random because I do not have elite status with AA however I received the email offering me 10 passes back in May. I have however paid for first class tickets on several flights throughout the years, as well as paid for GOGO service.
So I'm not sure how they select who receives passes.

weezl Oct 20, 2012 6:11 pm

Use passes on Delta

Can the comp AA wifi GoGo passes be used on other flights, like on DL? The passes seem to be GoGo specific rather than airline specific but since they were freebies, I am not sure.

MtRoot Oct 20, 2012 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by weezl (Post 19534291)
Can the comp AA wifi GoGo passes be used on other flights, like on DL? The passes seem to be GoGo specific rather than airline specific but since they were freebies, I am not sure.

Looks like they are only redeemable on AA flights. When I log into my GoGo account, I see my AA passes only when I'm on AA flights, not on DL or UA (p.s.).